15 Easy Finger Foods for Babies with No Teeth

Best for Babies 10+ Months Old

When Mason’s pediatrician told me earlier this month that I needed to incorporate more finger foods into his diet because he’s such a peanut (not to mention nearly a year old), I sort of panicked. The kid may be 10 months old but he still doesn’t have any teeth, despite months of brutal teething symptoms. How could he possibly handle finger foods more substantial than those melt-in-the-mouth puffs without some horrible choking incident, I wondered?

Of course, I’ve since learned that those mighty little jaws can make quick work of lots of stuff, even cupcakes. So I’ve been focused on coming up with combos of finger foods that taste great together,  the same concept that I use when I’m dreaming up new purees for Mason. I dice everything and cook all the veggies and fruits well so they’re super soft and easy for Mason to gum up.  Here are my fave ideas — what are yours?

1. Sweet potato and apple

Baby Food: Spinach and Banana Puree
Baby Food: Spinach and Banana Puree
Baby Food: Spinach and Banana Puree

Back To High Chair Times
  1. by tiffany

On July 1, 2011 at 12:01 am

i love these ideas my son is ten months old and he is picky with only 2 teeth soo i will try these!!

2. by Heather

On July 1, 2011 at 9:20 am

Fabulous, Tiffany — thank you! LMK how it goes, and good luck:)

3. by marci

On July 12, 2011 at 7:30 am

Thanks for this great list. Lucas has 6 teeth now (10 months old) but is very picky with his finger foods. I am going to try some of these.

4. by nasheeka- www.babypics.com

On November 3, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Great list of food for babies with no teeth.Really worth a try.You can treasure those unforgettable moments in your own online album for free on http://www.babypics.com as well

5. by Heather

On June 12, 2012 at 9:40 pm

Great selections on baby food! Nevertheless, parents should always remember that dental hygiene is important even for very young infants. Even if your child has no teeth yet, according to my teeth whitening dentist in Los Angeles, parents should clean the gums with a soft cloth.

6. by Mamatomro

On January 6, 2013 at 4:12 pm

My little boy is 8 months so I am looking at what finger foods I can introduce him to as he’s only on purees at this stage & has no teeth. A very useful list – thank you!

7. by How To Make A Blog

On February 26, 2013 at 2:50 am

Nice blog! Is your theme custom made or did you
    download it from somewhere? A design like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog stand out.

Please let me know where you got your design. Appreciate it

My webpage – How To Make A Blog

8. [...] 15 Easy Finger Foods – Parents.com [...]

9. [...] may work. Aim for small amounts of a wide variety of foods for the little ones, and easy-to-eat finger foods for the [...]

10. by Healthy Finger Foods For 1 Year Old « Healthfood Tips

On October 24, 2014 at 7:53 pm

[...] 15 Easy Finger Foods for Babies with No Teeth | High Chair Times – Best for Babies 10+ Months Old When Mason’s pediatrician told me earlier this month that I needed to incorporate more finger foods into his diet because he’s. Parents.com. More. Close. Navigation. American Baby; … Toddler Finger Food Recipes; Hints & Tips; Healthy Eating; Birthdays … [...]