Posts Tagged ‘
tina fey ’
Monday, March 3rd, 2014
To interview the indomitable Miss Piggy, who better than her most recent costar, Tina Fey? The ladies share the bill on Muppets Most Wanted, out March 21. Here they are, hamming it up:
Tina How do you define your style?
Piggy I begin with who I am: Diva. Star. Frog bait. Then I embellish it with the best of everything from the world’s finest designers, throw in a soupçon of je ne sais quoi, a dash of joie de vivre, and voilà … moi!
Tina What advice do you give moms looking to raise glamorous children?
Piggy Be glamorous yourself and they will be glamorous too. They may rebel against your fabulosity at first. But eventually they’ll come to appreciate your elegance … and then want to borrow your jewelry!
Tina What is the one thing you couldn’t live without?
Piggy Chocolate … No, wait …Kermit … No, maybe it is chocolate. Hey, I know! Let’s count Kermit dipped in chocolate as one thing.
Tina So, how’s this interview going?
Piggy Marvelous! You’re a natural interviewer. If you ever want to give up this whole “struggling actress” thing, you could do well in TV news.
Tina Do you have any baby names chosen for future frog-pig offspring?
Piggy Kermit for a boy. Piggy for a girl. And if we have more, we’ll just keep adding Roman numerals after their names, like the Super Bowl.
Tina What is your earliest childhood memory?
Piggy Mud. But I’ve promised to never talk about that…unless, of course, someone wants to offer me an obscene amount of money for the book and movie rights.
Tina What’s one famous movie role you wish you could have played?
Piggy Scarlett O’Hara in Gone With the Wind. When she says, “As God is my witness, I’ll never be hungry again,” I was so inspired that, since that day, I have never been hungry again.
Tina Has your celebrity feud with all of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills been resolved?
Piggy Hold on! Moi is having a celebrity feud with The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills? No one told me this! It was probably my publicist’s idea. (I’m sure this happens to you all the time too. Your publicist just starts a celebrity feud with someone like, say, Amy Poehler. Then the next time you see Amy…POW!…she pops you right in the kisser and you don’t have a clue why.) As for moi’s feud with the RHBH, I assure you that it has been completely resolved…unless they agree for me to be a semi-regular on the show next season.
—Interview arranged by Patty Adams Martinez
Add a Comment
Thursday, September 13th, 2012
This post was written by our friends at Celebrity Baby Scoop.
Who are some of the closest lookalike mother-daughter duos in Hollywood? What about father-son, or father-daughter, or even mother-son pairs?
Celebrity Baby Scoop takes a look at 15 celebrities and their spitting images. From Reese Witherspoon and daughter Ava, to the late Heath Ledger and daughter Matilda, to Gwyneth Paltrow and daughter Apple, here’s a look at Tinseltown’s mini-me’s.
1. Reese Witherspoon and her 13-year-old daughter Ava might be the closest lookalike pair in Hollywood! Reese and her 8-year-old son Deacon also look similar, but we think he looks more like papa Ryan Phillippe. No?
2. Cindy Crawford and her 11-year-old daughter Kaia are a close second to Reese and Ava. This gorgeous mother-daughter duo are spotted all over Los Angeles in their funky duds. Not to mention, Kaia’s 13-year-old brother Presley and dad Rande Gerber are just as beautiful.
3. Gwyneth Paltrow‘s daughter is the apple of her eye! There’s no doubt about it, Apple, 8, looks just like her mama. Gwyneth and her husband Chris Martin are also parents to 6-year-old son Moses, another close lookalike for the stunning actress.
4. Tina Fey has a mini-me: her 7-year-old daughter Alice! Tina and her longtime love, husband Jeff Richmond, are also parents to 1-year-old daughter Penelope. We hope to see more of Tina’s baby to see if she is also looks like her hilarious mama.
5. Julianne Moore and her 10-year-old daughter Liv are one of the cutest mother-daughter duos in Hollywood! We love this redheaded pair who look so much alike. Julianne and her husband Bart Freundlich are also parents to 14-year-old son Cal — not so much of a resemblance there!
6. Adam Sandler and his 6-year-old daughter Sadie look so much alike that she was cast to play his young identical twin sister in his movie Jack and Jill! Adam and his wife Jackie are also parents to 3-year-old daughter Sunny, who also resembles her funny dad.
7. Mark Consuelos and his 15-year-old son Michael have often been called one of the closest father-son lookalikes in Hollywood. Mark and his lovely wife Kelly Ripa are also parents to daughter Lola, 11, and son Joaquin, 9, but we don’t see the strong resemblance with the younger two. Do you?
8. Teri Hatcher and her 14-year-old daughter Emerson are such a pretty pair! The lookalike mother-daughter duo seem like the best of friends and are often seen out lunching and shopping together. Emerson is Teri’s only child, whom she had with ex-husband Jon Tenney.
9. Heidi Klum and her 8-year-old daughter Leni are blonde beauties! Often seen at the playground, out for lunch, or just strolling in SoHo, Heidi’s oldest child is definitely her mini-me. Heidi and estranged husband Seal are also parents to sons Henry, 6, Johan, 5, and 2-year-old daughter Lou.
10. Angelina Jolie seems to have passed down her luscious lips and overall stunning good looks to her 4-year-old daughter Vivienne. There’s no question that her other biological children – Vivienne’s twin Knox and 6-year-old daughter Shiloh – also look like her, but we think the strongest resemblance is with Vivi. No?
11. Jennifer Garner finally got her boy, and we think he’s the spitting image of mama! Baby Samuel, 6 months, seems to have Jen’s beautiful eyes. While big sisters Violet, 6, and Seraphina, 3, also look like mom, we think Jen’s boy looks most like her.
12. Heath Ledger died too soon at the age of 28. But before his tragic passing, he welcomed a daughter, Matilda, with actress Michelle Williams. Now nearly 7, Matilda is the spitting image of her late father. May his memory live on in her beautiful smile.
13. Britney Spears‘ boys – Sean Preston, 7, and Jayden James, 6 – are both little lookalikes to their gorgeous mama! It seems the boys have gotten their mother’s good genes, making them some of the cutest celebrity kids around. The boys’ father is Brit’s ex-husband, former backup dance Kevin Federline.
14. Uma Thurman‘s 14-year-old daughter Maya could play her younger self in a movie! We recently spotted the pretty pair out with Uma’s newborn daughter and we couldn’t help but notice the striking resemblance. Uma and her ex-husband Ethan Hawke are also parents to 10-year-old son Levon.
15. Kris Jenner and her infamous daughter Kim Kardashian, 31, are one of the most photographed lookalike duos in Hollywood. The mother-daughter team not only look like each other, they spend countless hours working together on their reality TV show and many other endeavors. Kris’ five other children also share a strong resemblance with the famous matriarch.
More Celebrity parenting stories from Celebrity Baby Scoop:
Jessica Simpson’s Bikini Baby
Most Adorable Celeb Mom and Baby Pics Of The Week
Ali Landry: “We are Open To Having Another Baby”
5 Celebrity Moms Share Back-to-School Tips
Fun In The Sun: 15 Celebrity Families Hit The Beach
Celebrity Baby Scoop is one of the most popular blogs on the topic and the foremost provider of everything celebrity-baby, featuring baby fashion, baby names, baby trends and up-to-the-minute celebrity baby gossip and pics. Get all the latest news, updates, and photos about Hollywood’s most beloved celebrity moms, dads and their babies. Who’s the latest Tinseltown baby? Who’s due next and who just announced a pregnancy? It’s all on Celebrity Baby Scoop.
Add a Comment
Adam Sandler, angelina jolie, britney spears, celebrities, celebrity baby scoop, celebs, Cindy Crawford, Gwyneth Paltrow, Heath Ledger, heidi klum, jennifer garner, Julianne Moore, Kim Kardashian, Kris Jenner, Mark Consuelos, Reese Witherspoon, Teri Hatcher, tina fey, Uma Thurman | Categories:
Thursday, April 12th, 2012
This post was written by our friends at Celebrity Baby Scoop.
Who do you turn to for parenting advice? Your own mother, your friends or other family members?
Or maybe you look to celebrity parents for their thoughts on parenting? Angelina Jolie advises parents to let their children “express themselves,” Tom Cruise says he doesn’t like to say “no” to his little girl, while Gisele Bündchen feels all new moms should be legislated to breastfeed. Take a look through our list of 10 celebrities and their top parenting advice.
Academy Award-winning actress Angelina Jolie and her longtime love Brad Pitt are parents to six kids: Maddox, 10, Pax, 8, Zahara, 7, Shiloh, 5, and 3-year-old twins Knox and Vivienne. And although they have such a big brood, their 5-year-old sure knows how to make headlines with her tomboy image!
Angle has said that Shiloh is “fascinating,” and elaborated on the fact that her daughter dresses “like a little dude…I would never be the kind of parent to force somebody to be something they are not,” Angelina said. “I think that is just bad parenting… Children should be allowed to express themselves in whatever way they wish without anybody judging them because it is an important part of their growth.”
Dawson’s Creek alum Katie Holmes and husband, Mission Impossible star Tom Cruise, have a 5-year-old fashionista on their hands! While everyone around her is bundled up in warm winter sweaters or coats, their daughter Suri is often seen with bare arms and legs.
Katie came clean about Suri’s lack of weather-appropriate attire, admitting it can be “embarrassing.”
“Recently, Suri and I were taking a walk and a fight got started because it was cold outside and she didn’t want to wear her coat,” Katie said. “My philosophy is, well, fine, because after a block of walking you’re going to ask me for your coat. So the pictures of her [without a coat in cold weather] are sort of embarrassing.”
Suri’s Top Gun papa has also weighed in on Suri’s much-talked-about fashion choices — such as her heels and lipstick. “Listen, I believe that she (should wear) whatever she wants to wear,” Tom said. “She dresses herself. I want to encourage her creativity and her own self-expression. I think that’s important for the child’s own identity.”
The doting daddy went on to say that Suri is “so sweet” that it’s hard to say “no” to her.
Model mom Gisele Bündchen has been known to speak her mind! Seven months after welcoming her son Benjamin with husband Tom Brady, the Brazilian beauty declared that breastfeeding should be made mandatory by law. “Some people here (in the US) think they don’t have to breastfeed, and I think ‘Are you going to give chemical food to your child when they are so little?’ I think there should be a worldwide law, in my opinion, that mothers should breastfeed their babies for six months,” Gisele said.
After a public uproar, the new mom clarified her thoughts about breastfeeding and the impact caused by her comment. “My intention in making a comment about the importance of breastfeeding has nothing to do with the law,” Gisele wrote on her blog. “It comes from my passion and beliefs about children. Becoming a new mom has brought a lot of questions, I feel like I am in a constant search for answers on what might be the best for my child. It’s unfortunate that in an interview sometimes things can seem so black and white. I am sure if I would just be sitting talking about my experiences with other mothers, we would just be sharing opinions. I understand that everyone has their own experience and opinions and I am not here to judge. I believe that bringing a life into this world is the single most important thing a person can undertake and it can also be the most challenging. I think as mothers we are all just trying our best.”
Jennifer Garner became a mother-of-three earlier this week when she welcomed her third child, son Samuel, with husband Ben Affleck. She is one of our favorite celebrity moms year after year, and when she talks about role modeling for her daughters Violet, 6, and Seraphina, 3, it’s easy to see why she gets the popular vote.
“I try really hard to put my phone down [ever since] my daughter pretended to take something out of one of her little purses and was like, ‘I’ve got an email – hang on one second,’” Jen said.
The Alias alum went on to encourage mother’s to stop judging one another, and start supporting each other. “I will tell you what I can’t abide – and I think the Internet has really created a space for it – women criticizing other women and mothers criticizing other mothers,” Jen shared. “It just makes me crazy, whether it’s between staying at home, going to work, how long you breastfeed, if you use formula. I feel like we should just assume everyone is doing the best they can. Women should take care of each other, not tear each other down. I would just like to see a mother who really believes that she has done it all so right, you know what I mean?”
Michael J. Fox:
While Michael J. Fox was once best known for his Back to the Future films, he is now widely known as an advocate for Parkinson’s Disease, a condition he was diagnosed with in 1991. The father-of-four often speaks out on the importance of family. “Always be available to your kids,”Michael advised. “Because if you say, ‘Give me five minutes, give me ten minutes,’ it’ll be 15, it’ll be 20. And then when you get there, the shine will have worn off whatever it is they wanted to share with you. I’ve never gotten up to see something one of my kids wanted to show me and not been rewarded.”
Add a Comment
angelina jolie, Ben Affleck, Brad Pitt, celebrities, celebrity baby scoop, celebs, Ewan McGregor, gisele bundchen, Jerry O'Connell, katie holmes, kendra wilkinson, Mayim Bialik, Michael J. Fox, Rebecca Romijn, suri cruise, tina fey, tom brady. jennifer garner, tom cruise | Categories:
Thursday, March 1st, 2012
This post was written by our friends at Celebrity Baby Scoop.
Forty is the new thirty!
Whether they’re conceiving the old-fashioned way or getting help from a fertility specialist, more and more celebrities are finding their 40′s to be fertile. From Uma Thurman, to Tina Fey, to Céline Dion, to Mariah Carey, take a look at 10 celebrity moms pregnant over 40.
The latest Hollywood star to announce a later-in-life pregnancy is actress Uma Thurman. On Monday, the 41-year-old actress confirmed that she’s expecting her first child with financier Arpad Busson.
“She’s excited,” an insider said. “She’s happy and just a few months along right now. She’s due in late, late summer.”
This will be the third child for Uma, who is already mom to daughter Maya, 13, and son Levon, 10, with ex-husband Ethan Hawke.
At 42, singing superstar Céline Dion announced that she and her husband René Angelil, then 68, were expecting twins. The French-Canadian songstress, whose previous IVF attempts had failed, opened up about the exhausting year-long endeavor. “I feel like I’ve been pregnant more than a year,” Céline said. “I never gave up. But I can tell you that it was physically and emotionally exhausting.”
On October 23, 2010, the My Heart Will Go On singer gave birth to fraternal twin boys, Nelson and Eddy. The couple are also parents to 11-year-old son René-Charles.
Academy Award-winning actress Halle Berry gave birth to her only child, daughter Nahla, when she was 42. Nahla’s dad is Berry’s ex-boyfriend, model Gabriel Aubrey, with whom she is currently embroiled in a bitter custody battle over their now 3-year-old daughter.
With regard to becoming pregnant in her 40′s, Halle said, “When I looked at the stick and saw I was pregnant … I was so happy. I thought I knew love before, but I never knew anything like this.”
It was baby bumps galore on the set of 30 Rock! Jane Krakowski wasn’t the only over-40 mama-to-be at the popular TV show. The show’s creator/writer/star Tina Fey delivered her second child, daughter Penelope Athena, in August 2011 at age 41. The SNL alum chatted about having her second baby later in life.
“I went for my annual checkup and, tired of carrying this anxiety around, burst into tears the moment she said hello,” the writer and actress shared in her memoir, Bossypants. “I laid it all out for her, and the main thing I took away from our conversation was the kind of simple observation that only an impartial third party can provide: ‘Either way, everything will be fine,’” wrote Tina.
In her book, Tina also admitted that she was “stricken with guilt and panic” every time her daughter, “the only child in her class without a sibling,” would say, “I wish I had a baby sister.” “Do I look like someone who should be pregnant? I look good for 40, but I have the quaggy jawline and hollow cheeks of a mom, not a pregnant lady,” Tina shared. “What’s so great about work anyway?,” she wrote. “Work won’t visit you when you’re old. Work won’t drive you to get a mammogram and take you out after for soup.”
Add a Comment
celebrities, celebrity babies, celebrity baby scoop, celebrity pregancy, Celine Dion, Halle Berry, Jennifer Connelly, Julianne Moore, kelly preston, Mariah Carey, Nicole Kidman, Salma Hayek, tina fey, Uma Thurman | Categories:
Friday, May 6th, 2011
Expectant-mom and “30 Rock” star Tina Fey wrote a hilarious and touching prayer for her 5-year-old daugher Alice in her memior Bossypants. We thought it was too funny not to share:
First, Lord: No tattoos. May neither Chinese symbol for truth nor Winnie-the-Pooh holding the FSU logo stain her tender haunches.
May she be Beautiful but not Damaged, for it’s the Damage that draws the creepy soccer coach’s eye, not the the Beauty.
When the Crystal Meth is offered,
May she remember the parents who cut her grapes in half
And stick with Beer.
Guide her, protect her
When crossing the street, stepping onto boats, swimming in the ocean, swimming in pools, walking near pools, standing on the nearby subway platform, crossing 86th Street, stepping off of boats, using mall restrooms, getting on and off escalators, driving on country roads while arguing, leaning on large windows, walking in parking lots, riding Ferris wheels, roller-coasters, log flumes, or anything called “Hell Drop,” “Tower of Torture,” or “The Death Spiral Rock N’ Zero G Roll featuring Aerosmith,” and standing on any kind of balcony ever, anywhere, at any age.
Lead her away from Acting but not all the way to Finance.
Something where she can make her own hours but still feel intellectually fulfilled and get outside sometimes
And not have to wear high heels.
What would that be, Lord? Architecture? Midwifery? Golf course design? I’m asking You because if I knew, I’d be doing it, Youdammit.
May she play the Drums to the fiery rhythm of her Own Heart with the sinewy strength of her Own Arms, so she need Not Lie With Drummers.
Grant her a Rough Patch from twelve to seventeen. (more…)
Add a Comment
Thursday, April 7th, 2011
Schools Chancellor Cathie Black to be Replaced
Cathleen P. Black, a magazine executive with no educational experience who was named as New York City schools chancellor last fall, will step down Thursday morning at the mayor’s urging, city officials said, after a tumultuous and brief tenure. (New York Times)
Maine student born without hands honored for penmanship
Born without hands and lower arms, fifth-grader Nicholas Maxim received a unique award Monday for his participation in Zaner-Bloser’s 20th annual National Handwriting Contest. (CNN)
When a headache really is a brain tumor
It’s become a classic scenario: You have a headache and after Googling it, you find out a headache can be a sign of a brain tumor. (CNN)
Add a Comment