Wednesday, September 10th, 2014
Parents attended a taping of The Meredith Vieira Show, featuring special guest Jessica Alba. Movie star, entrepreneur and mom of Honor, 6, and Haven, 3, Alba is now a billionaire thanks to her venture The Honest Company. Dissatisfied with the home and baby product options on the shelves when she first became a mom, Alba founded the venture to provide non-toxic, truly organic, eco-friendly products in the baby, bath and body, cleaning, and wellness markets. But the conversation wasn’t all busines. Meredith and Jessica had a ton of fun on set and the audience learned a few things about Alba that they didn’t know before:
1. She loves her 30s. Alba confessed that her teens and her twenties were a time of insecurity. She says that she had a lot of the “normal” worries, but that much self-doubt came from her lack of a college education, which made her feel she wasn’t smart enough. Alba says that becoming a mom and making it over the hump of 30 was when she truly came into her own.
2. She can’t sing. At bedtime, moms will do anything to get little ones to go to sleep. Alba and her husband resort to singing. Well, Honor had a sleepover recently and Alba was going to tear her hair out if the girls didn’t get some zzz’s. So she sang to them. Honor’s friends were mortified because Alba is completely tone deaf (even though Honor never realized it)! Still, we have a feeling that with her acting chops, Alba will be just fine.
3. She has trouble at school drop-off. Alba admitted that just like a lot of moms out there, taking her eldest to school is much harder for her than it is for Honor. Alba misses her daughter during the day, saying that she wishes that during nap time she could just sneak in and cuddle with her.
4. She loves hand-me-downs. Alba is not too good for passing down pre-loved clothes to Haven. In fact, she prefers it. She loves seeing the outfits a second time around and reliving the memories of Honor wearing the same ensemble.
Shopping for your first? Parents has tons of recommendations for cute baby outfits!
5. She’s good at guessing games. This episode of The Meredith Vieira Show pitted Vieira opposite Alba in a guessing game much like “25,000 Pyramid.” Although Vieira’s team won in the end, Alba put up a good fight!
Jessica Alba appears on Wednesday, September 10th’s The Meredith Vieira Show, check your local listings or visit MeredithVieiraShow.com to find out when and where it airs in your city.
Photograph: Jessica Alba & Meredith Play The “Baby Talk” Game With Two Pregnant Audience Members/Courtesy The Meredith Vieira Show
Add a Comment
Thursday, January 24th, 2013
This post was written by our friends at Celebrity Baby Scoop.
Honestly, she’s one of our favorite celebrity moms. From her chic sense of style, to her hands-on playdates at the park, to her eco-friendly business, we can’t get enough of Jessica Alba. After creating The Honest Company last year, the mom-of-two is now joining forces with zulily to share her safe and sustainable products with a new audience.
Jessica opens up to CelebrityBabyScoop about her daughters Honor, 4, and Haven, 1, who “like to play, explore, get messy, and are creative.” She goes on to talk about modeling eco-friendly habits for the girls, her book that will hit shelves in March, and her upcoming film that she can’t wait to take Honor and her friends to see.
CBS: We hear The Honest Company has joined forces with zulily. Tell us all about the new partnership.
JA: The Honest Company and zulily both believe in simplifying families’ busy lives by bringing them affordable, stylish, and trusted products every day. Our companies also support using business for social good and are committed to giving back to families in need. So, I knew working together would be a great extension of our Honest mission.
Because zulily is about helping moms discover new brands and products, we’re excited to reach this new audience, share our safe and effective eco-friendly products with them, and grow our communities together.
CBS: How are your daughters doing? What are they into these days? What do they do to make you laugh?
JA: Every day with my girls is a dream and just hanging out with them is the best thing ever. They’re happy and healthy 1- and 4-year-olds who like to play, explore, get messy, and are creative. And since they’re typical kiddos, they’re bound to make me laugh.
CBS: What are some of the ways you get your girls to be eco-friendly? What are some tips in teaching our kids to love our environment?
JA: First and foremost, we try to model and practice eco-friendly habits for the girls. Otherwise, we talk to them about being mindful and explain that things can be turned into something else one day. This can be as simple as teaching them about recyclables and showing how to sort bottles and cans from trash.
We also do a lot of DIY crafts like using cardboard boxes to make airplanes and dollhouses—our creative playtime together similarly shows the girls about repurposing old items.
Involving children in gardening and cooking is another great way to inspire eco-friendly living. Caring for the plants in our herb wall garden helps Honor understand the steps to growing food (including patience!), how it ultimately lands on her plate, and about being a good steward of the planet.
Honor is also a great sous chef when we’re in the kitchen, so being a part of the dinner process encourages her to eat the foods she grows and develops her taste for fresh ingredients. Hopefully, this lays the foundation for children to prioritize their health and that of the planet.
CBS: What’s up next for you?
JA: I’m very excited to publish my first book The Honest Life this March! It’s a colorful how-to guidebook for people who want to make a healthy and non-toxic home without giving up the fun fashionable things. I hope people will be inspired to make the ideas their own and find what works for them.
Also, I’m looking forward to taking Honor and her friends to see my upcoming animated film Escape from Planet Earth because it’s really a sweet story. I had a lot of fun working on this film—it was great to play the nemesis since I don’t often get to play that role.
More celebrity mom & baby news:
Lisa Loeb On Breastfeeding, Birth, and Baby Names
5 Celebrity Dads Who Do the School Run
Samantha Harris Launches ‘Let’s Fight Fat’
Celebrity Baby Scoop is one of the most popular blogs on the topic and the foremost provider of everything celebrity-baby, featuring baby fashion, baby names, baby trends and up-to-the-minute celebrity baby gossip and pics. Get all the latest news, updates, and photos about Hollywood’s most beloved celebrity moms, dads and their babies. Who’s the latest Tinseltown baby? Who’s due next and who just announced a pregnancy? It’s all on Celebrity Baby Scoop.
Add a Comment
Cash Warren, celebrity babies, celebrity baby scoop, celebs, eco-friendly, green parenting, Haven Warren, Honor Warren, jessica alba, The Honest Company, zulily | Categories: