Thursday, May 1st, 2014
Like the supportive parent you are, you stocked up on all types of Girl Scout cookies to help your daughter’s (or the neighbor girl’s) Brownie troop shine. You’ve devoured Thin Mints and snacked on Samoas for several weeks, but you still have a shocking amount of boxes left over. What to do?
As delicious as these classic treats are on their own, who says you can’t get a little creative when it comes to eating them? Forget about freezing boxes for a rainy day–we turned to Pinterest to round up a variety of dessert recipes that incorporate Thin Mints, Tagalongs, and more.
- One mama purchases Girl Scout cookies specifically for baking purposes. Over the past few years, she’s crafted Thin Mint Cupcakes, Samoa Cupcakes, and Tagalong Brownies–yum! If one cookie just doesn’t feel like a decadent enough dessert, her recipes are sure to please.
- Switch up your wine and cheese night ritual–instead, surprise your gal pals with a wine and cookies night! Have each mom bring her own box of cookies along with its recommended drink pairing, or keep it simple and set out three boxes of Savannah Smiles, for example, and a couple bottles of Pinot Grigio. Plus, there’s no baking involved!
- Feel like getting fancy? Whip up these Thin Mint Truffles for your next dinner party.
- If you’re a sucker for chocolate and peanut butter, you’ll love this recipe in which Tagalongs are “hidden” inside of chocolate chip cookies.
- No chocoholics in the house? Don’t stress. Emeril’s recipe incorporating Lemonades is not only appealing to the eyes; it’s sure to please stomachs, too.
- Hungry for more? There are countless additional recipes out there that incorporate or are inspired by various Girl Scout flavors, so you’re sure to find one that satisfies your taste buds! Now get cooking!
Is your little scout still a “Daisy”? Surprise her with this festive flower cake.Add a Comment