Thursday, September 18th, 2014
Gilt.com is about to launch its Semi-Annual Stroll in Style event, and they’re giving Parents and American Baby readers an exclusive opportunity to get in the door before the event officially begins on Monday, September 22.
With steals on Stokke strollers, BabyBjörn baby carriers, Danzo diaper bags, and Aden + Anais swaddles, you’ll want to get in early! And for every purchase made in the Stroll in Style event, a portion of the proceeds will be donated to Children’s Health Fund.
Melissa Keswin, GILT Director of Baby and Kids, offers these shopping tips:
- Two-Stroller Minimum “If you’re gearing up for baby, you’ll need two strollers: One for short trips or when you’re traveling, and one for strolling longer distances. The first should be super-light and easy to fold — Maclaren is a favorite here — and the second should be sturdy and easy to maneuver, like Stokke, with its taller frame and comfortable seat.”
- The #1 Must-Have for Babies “Every baby needs an Aden + Anais blanket, and it will likely be your most utilized item. It’s perfect for swaddling, for tummy time, for shading your baby from the sun, and more. Plus, the beloved brand now makes even more essentials like bibs and buntings.”
- The Baby Carrier “Having a carrier is super helpful when you’re out and about, especially when you have more than one child and need to be hands-free! One of my favorites — and of many celeb parents too – is by BabyBjörn. Their carriers are ergonomically correct, incredibly comfortable, inward and outward facing, and can be used from birth to age 3.”
Here’s an example of the discounts in the Stroll in Style event:
- Danzo Hobo Diaper Bag- GILT Price: $150, Original Retail: $295
- BabyBjorn Baby Carrier- GILT Price: $80, Original Retail: $100
- Wifi Baby Camera- GILT Price: $205, Original Retail: $260
- Britax USA Agile 2013 Stroller- GILT Price: $179, Original Retail: $250
- JJ Cole Urban BundleMe Infant- GILT Price: $42, Original Retail: $59.95
Get Ready, Get Set, SHOP!
And watch this video for more tips on how to buy baby gear on a budget.
Add a Comment
Thursday, July 28th, 2011
Discount School Supply (created for teachers, but great for parents) is one of my favorite sources for all sorts of kid stuff—including art supplies like fun markers and paints, paper, even dramatic play items. Some things may only come in bulk, but they are so cheap that it’s often worth buying more. And they seem to ship everything express mail for no extra charge. Sale ends tonight and the code is BUYMORE. Click here to head over.
Add a Comment
Friday, July 22nd, 2011
Earlier this summer I declared I have a new favorite flip-flop–one that got a thumbs up from a podiatrist and is even endorsed by the American Chiropractic Association. Now that the summer is half over (nooo!), I can report that I still haven’t gotten a blister (even in the midst of a disgusting heatwave), I still haven’t felt any soreness in my arches or heels, I still haven’t almost walked out of my flip flops, and I still haven’t slipped while wearing them. And they still look brand new–and I’ve worn them every single day. This won’t be news to lots of you, based on the enthusiastic comments you posted when I originally wrote about them.
Okabashi tells me that they’re having a big Christmas in July event on Monday, July 25 where you can buy one dozen pairs for $100. This means you can save anywhere from $4 to $9 per pair (the most expensive style is $17.99). I’ve already gotten my mom, sisters, and friends on board to go in on the dozen with me, and Monday I’ll be placing my order. The sale begins at 12am and ends at 11:59pm, and includes every style in every color.
According to Okabashi, their flip-flops are:
• 100% recyclable and contains up to 30% recycled material
• Supportive with a massaging insole that helps relieve foot and back pain.
• Guaranteed for 2 years
• Made in the USA
• Dishwasher-safe and machine washable
• Antimicrobial agents and odor resistant
• Completely water proof (will not change shape or fade)
• The only shoe endorsed by the American Chiropractic Association
If you’re interested, you might want to gather up your fellow buyers this weekend. Unless you want to stock up on your own collection to last you a decade or so!
Add a Comment