Thursday, May 8th, 2014
While celebrating at the bowling alley or arcade may sound more exciting than hosting a party at home, it isn’t hard to throw your kiddo a fun (and budget-friendly) birthday gathering on your own turf–especially now that it’s getting nice out. Here’s how!
- If you have the space outside, set up a station for kids to tie-dye their own t-shirts (or tank tops, socks, you name it). They’ll automatically have a souvenir to take home and will enjoy choosing their own colors and designs.
- If it’s a hot day, remind kids to arrive with a swimsuit under their clothes, then break out the water balloons! Have guests form pairs and see who can toss the balloon back and forth the longest without it breaking. It doesn’t need to be too competitive—getting splashed is part of the fun!
- Put together an “estimate jar” filled with candy and encourage each kid to guess how many pieces are in the container. A parent or older sibling can monitor the station and help little ones write their name and estimate onto a notecard for the birthday child to later review. The person with the closest guess wins the treats in the jar!
- Older kids with school lockers will love making cool collages featuring words and pictures from their favorite magazines. Keep old issues on hand so that when it’s party time, you’ll have enough copies to go around. Everyone will leave with a unique creation that they can later frame or hang.
- Forget about calling for delivery—kids will have fun making their own pizzas in your kitchen. Purchase a variety of toppings (cheese, pepperoni, olives, veggies) and guests will be able to choose what they’d like on their personal pie. This is a perfect solution when faced with a room full of picky eaters! (Oh, and we all know the best part of a party is the cake! Make your own following the recipes here).
Finally, don’t forget a piñata! Here’s how to make your own!Add a Comment
Tags: backyard party, birthday cake, Birthday Party, birthday party at home, budget-friendly party, collage, estimate jar, fun birthday activities, pizza, tie-dye, water balloons | Categories: GoodyBlog, Your Child