Wednesday, September 3rd, 2014
Real Glam Moms is a brand new series from the Parents beauty department about mommy bloggers. Each week, we will feature what beauty means to real moms no matter what their beauty routine is like—and how they take time to themselves after having children.
Pardon My French chronicles the adventures of Kelsey B. and her family of five in Alaska. She started blogging to help keep her family up to date with the life and times of Ace, 4, Pierce, 3,and Avalon, 16 months. Kelsey’s fashion picks are always spot on, so we knew her beauty picks would be too!
How has your beauty routine changed since you had children?
I think after each child, my beauty routine was simplified. There is just not enough time to spend getting ready in the bathroom. I usually try to shower at night after the kids go to bed, that way my hair can air dry. Then the next day, it is ready for me to style or throw up in a top knot if I am pressed on time. My make up routine has definitely been streamlined to the essentials only.
What is the importance of taking time for yourself?
For me, I know if I take the time to take care of myself, I feel better all around. A happy me equals a happy mommy!
How do you find time to focus on yourself, your blog and your family?
It is all a juggling act, as I am sure most moms can relate. There are some days that things just work out, and I have time to shower or the kids take a nap and I can pound out a blog post. But there are many days that the circus comes to town in the house and I am making dinner in my pajamas that I have been in all day. There was no time for make up because I was picking Play-Doh out of the carpet. On those days, you just have to go with it. Bedtime will come eventually, and tomorrow is a new day.
What’s the best beauty advice you’ve received?
The best beauty advice I have gotten was to take care of your skin. Moisturize! My mom drove home the importance of moisturizing and protecting my skin from a young age. Also drinking tons of water.
Do you have any beauty advice for moms?
Find what works for you, but don’t put yourself last on the to-do list! You will feel so much better if you start your day with a couple swipes of mascara and a dab of lipgloss!
PARDON MY FRENCH’S FIVE FAVES
- Egyptian Magic- This is my favorite skin cream. You can use it head to toe, but I use it primarily on my body. It is oil-based, and you can just feel a difference in your skin right away.
- Laura Mercier Oil- Free Tinted Moisturizer- This give just enough coverage for a day of running errands and playing at the park. Because it has SPF in it, I feel ready for anything.
- Arcona Eye Serum- This is like a mommy secret weapon. You can feel it cooling under your eyes like it is sucking the under-eye bags away. I use it morning and night.
- Lucas Papaw Ointment- This is the best lip ointment I have found. It is great for the cold winters in Alaska. I have also used it to soothe bug bites and on very dry patches on mine or my kids’ skin.
- Make Up For Ever HD Blush- Cream blush is such an quick and easy way to add a little life to your face. This blush lasts a while, and it is so lightweight on your face.
Add a Comment