Tuesday, February 11th, 2014
By Kerry Lyons
The bedroom may be where it all began but like most things, once you become a parent, it will never be the same again. Here are a few things you may (or may not!) be surprised to find in what was once your sexy safe haven…
- Footballs, soccer balls, tennis balls, oh my! Despite repeated exclamations of “no playing ball in the house!” (which you swore you’d never say), your bedroom has become a playground and obstacle course. If you can get out of bed without tripping over sports equipment, you get two points just for passing go.
- Dirty diapers. Because sometimes you are just too tired to dispose of them. Don’t judge, it happens. And it could happen to you.
- Dirty magazines. Not what you think. More like the latest issue of Highlights or Time for Kids covered in boogers, applesauce or both.
- Legos. They are pervasive. And when you start to find them in your bed, you just may wonder if they are perverts too.
- Children. At all hours: 11 p.m. 2 a.m. 4 a.m. 6 a.m. They seem to be as omnipresent as you are chronically tired. Coincidence? I think not!
Get useful parenting tips and tricks sent directly to your inbox.Add a Comment