Posts Tagged ‘
Julianne Moore ’
Thursday, September 13th, 2012
This post was written by our friends at Celebrity Baby Scoop.
Who are some of the closest lookalike mother-daughter duos in Hollywood? What about father-son, or father-daughter, or even mother-son pairs?
Celebrity Baby Scoop takes a look at 15 celebrities and their spitting images. From Reese Witherspoon and daughter Ava, to the late Heath Ledger and daughter Matilda, to Gwyneth Paltrow and daughter Apple, here’s a look at Tinseltown’s mini-me’s.
1. Reese Witherspoon and her 13-year-old daughter Ava might be the closest lookalike pair in Hollywood! Reese and her 8-year-old son Deacon also look similar, but we think he looks more like papa Ryan Phillippe. No?
2. Cindy Crawford and her 11-year-old daughter Kaia are a close second to Reese and Ava. This gorgeous mother-daughter duo are spotted all over Los Angeles in their funky duds. Not to mention, Kaia’s 13-year-old brother Presley and dad Rande Gerber are just as beautiful.
3. Gwyneth Paltrow‘s daughter is the apple of her eye! There’s no doubt about it, Apple, 8, looks just like her mama. Gwyneth and her husband Chris Martin are also parents to 6-year-old son Moses, another close lookalike for the stunning actress.
4. Tina Fey has a mini-me: her 7-year-old daughter Alice! Tina and her longtime love, husband Jeff Richmond, are also parents to 1-year-old daughter Penelope. We hope to see more of Tina’s baby to see if she is also looks like her hilarious mama.
5. Julianne Moore and her 10-year-old daughter Liv are one of the cutest mother-daughter duos in Hollywood! We love this redheaded pair who look so much alike. Julianne and her husband Bart Freundlich are also parents to 14-year-old son Cal — not so much of a resemblance there!
6. Adam Sandler and his 6-year-old daughter Sadie look so much alike that she was cast to play his young identical twin sister in his movie Jack and Jill! Adam and his wife Jackie are also parents to 3-year-old daughter Sunny, who also resembles her funny dad.
7. Mark Consuelos and his 15-year-old son Michael have often been called one of the closest father-son lookalikes in Hollywood. Mark and his lovely wife Kelly Ripa are also parents to daughter Lola, 11, and son Joaquin, 9, but we don’t see the strong resemblance with the younger two. Do you?
8. Teri Hatcher and her 14-year-old daughter Emerson are such a pretty pair! The lookalike mother-daughter duo seem like the best of friends and are often seen out lunching and shopping together. Emerson is Teri’s only child, whom she had with ex-husband Jon Tenney.
9. Heidi Klum and her 8-year-old daughter Leni are blonde beauties! Often seen at the playground, out for lunch, or just strolling in SoHo, Heidi’s oldest child is definitely her mini-me. Heidi and estranged husband Seal are also parents to sons Henry, 6, Johan, 5, and 2-year-old daughter Lou.
10. Angelina Jolie seems to have passed down her luscious lips and overall stunning good looks to her 4-year-old daughter Vivienne. There’s no question that her other biological children – Vivienne’s twin Knox and 6-year-old daughter Shiloh – also look like her, but we think the strongest resemblance is with Vivi. No?
11. Jennifer Garner finally got her boy, and we think he’s the spitting image of mama! Baby Samuel, 6 months, seems to have Jen’s beautiful eyes. While big sisters Violet, 6, and Seraphina, 3, also look like mom, we think Jen’s boy looks most like her.
12. Heath Ledger died too soon at the age of 28. But before his tragic passing, he welcomed a daughter, Matilda, with actress Michelle Williams. Now nearly 7, Matilda is the spitting image of her late father. May his memory live on in her beautiful smile.
13. Britney Spears‘ boys – Sean Preston, 7, and Jayden James, 6 – are both little lookalikes to their gorgeous mama! It seems the boys have gotten their mother’s good genes, making them some of the cutest celebrity kids around. The boys’ father is Brit’s ex-husband, former backup dance Kevin Federline.
14. Uma Thurman‘s 14-year-old daughter Maya could play her younger self in a movie! We recently spotted the pretty pair out with Uma’s newborn daughter and we couldn’t help but notice the striking resemblance. Uma and her ex-husband Ethan Hawke are also parents to 10-year-old son Levon.
15. Kris Jenner and her infamous daughter Kim Kardashian, 31, are one of the most photographed lookalike duos in Hollywood. The mother-daughter team not only look like each other, they spend countless hours working together on their reality TV show and many other endeavors. Kris’ five other children also share a strong resemblance with the famous matriarch.
More Celebrity parenting stories from Celebrity Baby Scoop:
Jessica Simpson’s Bikini Baby
Most Adorable Celeb Mom and Baby Pics Of The Week
Ali Landry: “We are Open To Having Another Baby”
5 Celebrity Moms Share Back-to-School Tips
Fun In The Sun: 15 Celebrity Families Hit The Beach
Celebrity Baby Scoop is one of the most popular blogs on the topic and the foremost provider of everything celebrity-baby, featuring baby fashion, baby names, baby trends and up-to-the-minute celebrity baby gossip and pics. Get all the latest news, updates, and photos about Hollywood’s most beloved celebrity moms, dads and their babies. Who’s the latest Tinseltown baby? Who’s due next and who just announced a pregnancy? It’s all on Celebrity Baby Scoop.
Add a Comment
Adam Sandler, angelina jolie, britney spears, celebrities, celebrity baby scoop, celebs, Cindy Crawford, Gwyneth Paltrow, Heath Ledger, heidi klum, jennifer garner, Julianne Moore, Kim Kardashian, Kris Jenner, Mark Consuelos, Reese Witherspoon, Teri Hatcher, tina fey, Uma Thurman | Categories:
Thursday, July 5th, 2012
It’s shocking to know that 1 in 4 children (about 16 million) in America is living in poverty, which often leads to decreased literacy and increased drop out rates, violence and crime, and obesity.
To combat of childhood poverty, Save the Children, a non-profit dedicated to improving the standard of living for kids around the world, recently launched its Freedom from Poverty campaign.
Celebrities Jennifer Garner, Julianne Moore, and Randy Jackson are helping raise awareness for the campaign by encouraging people to sign the Freedom from Poverty pledge and be a part of the solution to alleviate childhood poverty around the country. The goal is to have 15,000 signatures by August 14, when the campaign ends.
Save the Children also has a child sponsorship program that helps provide resources (such as books, computers, after-school learning programs, activities, and snacks) to impoverished kids. You can sponsor a child on their Freedom from Poverty page.
To sign the pledge, visit the pledge page online or text READ to 69866.
For more: Read about the hunger crisis in America and watch a mom share her family’s story of poverty.
Add a Comment
celebrities, Celebrity, celebrity birth, childhood poverty, freedom from poverty, health, Health & Safety, jennifer garner, Julianne Moore, pledge, poverty, poverty pledge, randy jackson, safety, Save the Children | Categories:
GoodyBlog, Health & Safety
Thursday, March 1st, 2012
This post was written by our friends at Celebrity Baby Scoop.
Forty is the new thirty!
Whether they’re conceiving the old-fashioned way or getting help from a fertility specialist, more and more celebrities are finding their 40′s to be fertile. From Uma Thurman, to Tina Fey, to Céline Dion, to Mariah Carey, take a look at 10 celebrity moms pregnant over 40.
The latest Hollywood star to announce a later-in-life pregnancy is actress Uma Thurman. On Monday, the 41-year-old actress confirmed that she’s expecting her first child with financier Arpad Busson.
“She’s excited,” an insider said. “She’s happy and just a few months along right now. She’s due in late, late summer.”
This will be the third child for Uma, who is already mom to daughter Maya, 13, and son Levon, 10, with ex-husband Ethan Hawke.
At 42, singing superstar Céline Dion announced that she and her husband René Angelil, then 68, were expecting twins. The French-Canadian songstress, whose previous IVF attempts had failed, opened up about the exhausting year-long endeavor. “I feel like I’ve been pregnant more than a year,” Céline said. “I never gave up. But I can tell you that it was physically and emotionally exhausting.”
On October 23, 2010, the My Heart Will Go On singer gave birth to fraternal twin boys, Nelson and Eddy. The couple are also parents to 11-year-old son René-Charles.
Academy Award-winning actress Halle Berry gave birth to her only child, daughter Nahla, when she was 42. Nahla’s dad is Berry’s ex-boyfriend, model Gabriel Aubrey, with whom she is currently embroiled in a bitter custody battle over their now 3-year-old daughter.
With regard to becoming pregnant in her 40′s, Halle said, “When I looked at the stick and saw I was pregnant … I was so happy. I thought I knew love before, but I never knew anything like this.”
It was baby bumps galore on the set of 30 Rock! Jane Krakowski wasn’t the only over-40 mama-to-be at the popular TV show. The show’s creator/writer/star Tina Fey delivered her second child, daughter Penelope Athena, in August 2011 at age 41. The SNL alum chatted about having her second baby later in life.
“I went for my annual checkup and, tired of carrying this anxiety around, burst into tears the moment she said hello,” the writer and actress shared in her memoir, Bossypants. “I laid it all out for her, and the main thing I took away from our conversation was the kind of simple observation that only an impartial third party can provide: ‘Either way, everything will be fine,’” wrote Tina.
In her book, Tina also admitted that she was “stricken with guilt and panic” every time her daughter, “the only child in her class without a sibling,” would say, “I wish I had a baby sister.” “Do I look like someone who should be pregnant? I look good for 40, but I have the quaggy jawline and hollow cheeks of a mom, not a pregnant lady,” Tina shared. “What’s so great about work anyway?,” she wrote. “Work won’t visit you when you’re old. Work won’t drive you to get a mammogram and take you out after for soup.”
Add a Comment
celebrities, celebrity babies, celebrity baby scoop, celebrity pregancy, Celine Dion, Halle Berry, Jennifer Connelly, Julianne Moore, kelly preston, Mariah Carey, Nicole Kidman, Salma Hayek, tina fey, Uma Thurman | Categories:
Tuesday, December 13th, 2011
Julianne Moore’s red hair and freckles are a source of envy these days, but, as a child, they earned her the unwelcome nickname Freckleface Strawberry. She admits, “It’s not mean, but I felt teased by it. I was living in an area in the Midwest where there were very few people who had the kind of freckles I had.” She channeled that feeling of being different into her children’s books, Freckleface Strawberry, Freckleface Strawberry: Best Friends Forever, and Freckleface Strawberry and the Dodgeball Bully: A Freckleface Strawberry Story. “I want my readers to see themselves in the stories,” says Moore. “Sometimes there are things about ourselves that we don’t like.” The series has now been turned into a musical, which she says has “a real message of acceptance and tolerance.”
Moore attended a special benefit performance this weekend where she lent her support for the charity Save the Children. “Not every child gets an equal chance,” she says. “When I started with Save the Children five years ago, one in five children was living in poverty in the United States. Now, with the recession, it’s one in four.” The charity serves children and families in more than 120 nations, helping them to access education and health care.
Photo: BRUCE GLIKAS/FILMMAGIC.COM
Add a Comment
Monday, January 10th, 2011
Do you know the children’s book Freckleface Strawberry, by Julianne Moore? It’s based on her childhood, when that was her (totally unwanted) nickname, and touches on teasing and acceptance. The book is now a Broadway show, and yesterday I took my daughter Julia, who’s 5. Given that the book isn’t exactly filled with plot twists or even characters, I wasn’t sure how the story was going to fill 70 minutes, but turned out to be an absolutely adorable show: great music, really talented performers, and plenty of laughs for kids and adults. (Linda Gabler, the actress who plays the teacher/the mom/ one of the kids, is particularly funny.) Julia got the message—that it’s not nice to tease and that you should be happy being yourself—and in case she didn’t, we’re reminded by the soundtrack, already played in its entirety three times since we got home last night (it was playing as I walked out the door this morning).
Lest you think that this is a girls’ show, I can tell you that there were lots of boys in the audience, and they seemed to be just as into it as the girls were. A few of them even stopped by the “free freckles” station before and after the show, as Julia did:
It’s playing at least through June 5, so if you’re looking for a fun treat for your child, this one will entertain you, too.
Add a Comment