Posts Tagged ‘
Destination Maternity ’
Thursday, May 8th, 2014
April showers have brought May flowers (at least to our closets!). Here are some of our favorite floral picks for Mom and Baby. Click on the images to shop!
This dress is a go for date night–love how it’s styled here! (ASOS, $47)
Prefer to stick to neutrals? You can still go floral with this black and white print. (Motherhood Maternity, $20)
This top is perfect for casual backyard parties. (Destination Maternity, $115)
Pregnant in peplum? Go for it with this springy piece. (Destination Maternity, $70)
Sneaks can have flowers, too! This toddler pair from Target is certainly seasonally appropriate! (Target, $20)
Shield Baby from the sun with this cheerful hat. (The Children’s Place, $6)
Say “Goodnight Moon” in this floral gown. (Diapers.com, $24)
Take her out on the town in this festive number. (The Children’s Place, $10)
Just because your little one has cute clothes doesn’t mean she’ll keep ‘em clean! We have tips on how to remove stains from her duds.
Add a Comment
ASOS, baby clothes, Destination Maternity, Diapers.com, Fashion, florals, flowers, maternity clothes, Motherhood Maternity, spring, spring clothes for baby, Target, The Childrens Place | Categories:
GoodyBlog, Pregnancy, Shopping & Gear
Friday, February 28th, 2014
Happy 8th birthday to Destination Maternity’s flagship store, in New York City. It’s the largest maternity apparel store in the world, and incidentally, a great resource for us at American Baby and Parents since our offices are not many blocks away!
Destination Maternity houses both Motherhood Maternity and A Pea in the Pod under one roof. Motherhood, the less pricey of the two, is the only maternity source to win a place in our coveted American Baby Bests Award stories. (The poll for Best Maternity Clothes for 2014 doesn’t go up until April, but please vote for your favorite baby gear in the meantime! And enter to win $300!)
Destination Maternity operates hundreds of stores, so we’re betting there’s one near you, and there’s always the online site. Five top reasons to check in with them during your pregnancy:
1. Their sales associates are experts in all things maternity and nursing. That’s why I brought my sis-in-law to the store a year ago. She spelled out her very specific needs (conservative work dresses for a petite, curvy gal) and an employee became our personal shopper. PS It helped that we went first-thing on a weekday; that’s when you get the place more or less to yourself!
2. Preggos are nuts for the line’s Secret Fit Belly jeans. Even my sis-in-law, who went in saying she wasn’t going to bother with pants. She tried them on, and you could see the “ah-ha!” moment in her eyes. We’ve seen the same thing with models at American Baby photo shoots: Women who are trying to wear their old pants, unbuttoned, put on the Secret-Fit ones, and it’s like they’ve been liberated.
3. We know plenty of women need a special-occasion dress during their pregnancy–a baby-shower outfit if nothing else. There are a ton of dresses from Motherhood Maternity and A Pea in the Pod. Listen, I know there are also maternity-rental sites where you can “borrow” dressy clothes. But I still remember my pregnancies too clearly to totally get on board with renting. I was sweaty, I was clumsy, my sizing was weird…I needed to own my clothes, even the dressy ones. And for heaven’s sake, there are plenty of Motherhood dresses in the $40 range!
4. Like some other big chains we know and love, they have designer collaborations that now include Jessica Simpson Maternity and The Honest Company and, coming soon in March, L by Jennifer Love Hewitt. A Pea in the Pod also carries a bunch of designer brands including 7 for all Mankind, Rebecca Taylor, and Nanette Lepore.
5. Select locations have an Edamame Maternity Spa. And I can promise from personal experience that you don’t have to be pregnant to take advantage of the menu of services. So take your not-pregnancy friend with you!
And while we’re on the subject of looking and feeling great during pregnancy, get the lowdown on dying your hair and polishing your nails while you’re expecting by watching this!
Add a Comment
Wednesday, January 22nd, 2014
There is almost nothing more amazing than receiving the phone call from your best friend wherein she tells you that she’s pregnant. (We may or may not have recently received that phone call, ourselves!)
Of course, something equally as wonderful is discovering that you yourself are pregnant. (Pregnant at the same time as your best friend? Well that’s just too good to be true!) Anyway, wonderful is your first thought, and your second thought is: “I’m going to need some new clothes, soon.” (That, along with about 1,000 other thoughts, of course.)
This week’s deals are perfect for all the new moms-to-be out there. With more than 60% off some places, you can shop, shop and shop some more … and skip the guilt that usually comes along with it.
1. Pea in the Pod. Save up to 56% on select designer maternity jeans (No code needed). Limited time offer.
2. Destination Maternity. Buy 3 and get 1 free on select maternity tops (No code needed). Limited time offer.
3. Gap. Save up to 70% on maternity sale items (No code needed). Limited time offer.
4. Figure 8 Maternity & Nursing. Save an extra 20% off all clearance items, plus free shipping (Coupon code: Clearance20). Limited time offer.
5. Isabella Oliver. Save up to 62% on maternity tops (No code needed). Limited time offer.
This post contains affiliate links.
Add a Comment
Friday, January 17th, 2014
** guest-edited by Olivia Capone Myers, Design Director for A Pea in the Pod
Warmth, comfort, and style are the keys to feeling and looking great during the colder months, especially during your last trimester.
Opt for a demure long-sleeve LBD for a winter baby shower like the Nicole Miller Long Sleeve Ruched Maternity Dress. For a more casual but polished look, try the Rebecca Taylor Long Sleeve Lace Maternity Shirt paired with skinny jeans or leather leggings. Add our Open Front Ponte Maternity Jacket and a statement necklace to complete your look.
The ultimate in comfort, our patented Secret Fit Belly® is a stretchy seamless panel available on your favorite bottoms from leggings to designer denim. The panel provides excellent support and can even be worn post-pregnancy as your body transitions. Plus you’ll still be able to wear your favorite designer styles from skinny to boyfriend jeans.
Layering is essential during the last few months of your pregnancy. Our seamless, adjustable strap and shelf-bra camis are great to pair underneath fitted blazers. A T-shirt, tank, or long-sleeved shirt with flattering side-ruching is perfect to wear underneath a cardigan or to layer with a sweater. They smooth out your look and add a layer of warmth.
Winter weekends are for lounging! Relax in style with our cozy Splendid® Long Sleeve Maternity Hoodie. Pair this hoodie with our super-soft French Terry Drawstring Maternity Lounge Pants; they adjust to accommodate your growing baby bump and are comfortable to wear even after baby arrives.
Winter months can be especially harsh on your skin. Basq Skincare’s Citrus Sugar Body Polish gently exfoliates and helps to brighten dull, tired skin. Basq also makes some fantastic body oils that are perfect for maintaining your glow; they moisturize, strengthen and tone your skin and have a soothing fragrance.
Is it mostly clothes for your workplace that you need? Check out this Parents video for a few more tips!
Add a Comment