Thursday, April 3rd, 2008
Ever since we blogged about the infamous Wilton giant cupcake cake pan, our readers have been whipping up their own. It’s been awhile since we’ve shared their (seriously impressive) baking skillz, so we bring you eight more examples of rockin’ reader giant cupcakes.
- Adrienne Tsang shares an awesome tip: "I froze the 2 pieces overnight before trimming the top/bottom so they would sit flat. It also helped to have it frozen for the frosting process." Good to know!
- Jenny Lee says "All in all it was much easier than I would’ve thought! My son was especially AMAZED at his mommy’s skills. For now I will hide my cupcake pan and let him think his mommy is truly amazing!"
- Roxanne Blake made her giant cupcake for her daughter’s first birthday, and says "Everyone loved it!"
- Katherine Loflin had never baked a cake in a mold before, but says it turned out "so cute!"
- Kimberly Hoerner let her daughter call the shots: "My daughter asked for this cake for her birthday and she sat there and told me how she wanted it decked out."
- Michele Myers is a pro: This is her second attempt at the big guy. The first time she used the recipe that came with the pan, but this time she went for a boxed cake mix.