Thursday, May 22nd, 2014
Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler star in Blended in theaters now.
By Patty Adams Martinez
Drew Barrymore is pretty much every girl’s fantasy BFF. She’s smart, talented, and ambitious, while still being all about girl power and wanting to lift other women up rather than tearing them down. If all of that wasn’t enough, she’s also super down-to-earth and relatable, and just about the coolest mom on the planet.
The actress—whose latest movie Blended is in theaters now—and mom of two dishes to Parents about sharing screen-time with her “cinematic soul mate” Adam Sandler, surprising pregnancy side effects, and dressing her kids—Olive 19 months, and Frankie, born April 22—in hand-me-downs (just like the rest of us!). After reading this, you’re going to love her even more!
In Blended, you and Adam Sandler go on a really bad blind date, and end up together with your kids at a secluded family resort in Africa, where you can’t exactly escape running into each other. Then, of course, funniness ensues.
Yes, I love this movie. It had been about three years since I made a movie because I needed time off to create my family, but my cinematic soul mate, Adam, got me to go back to work, and I couldn’t be more proud and excited about this film. It’s fun because it’s where Adam and I are at in life now that we’re parents. It’s also really, really funny, but still pulls at your heartstrings—which I love.
Is it different being cast in mom roles, like this one, now that you’re actually a mom?
I think it means more to me now; it’s more emotional, because I know what it feels like to have daughters and to know that kind of unconditional love, which is such a powerful, powerful thing. And I like that this character isn’t perfect, because I don’t believe in perfection. But I do believe in growing and that’s why my favorite thing about being a mom is what a better person it makes you on a daily basis.
You’re putting others first. It’s not about yourself anymore—it’s about these amazing little people you want so badly to take care of, and you really learn to be patient. Even if you already thought you were, this is a whole new level of patience. You also find out how to live in the moment, and to breathe, and to never take your life or the people in it for granted.
After three movies with Adam, what have you learned about being a good parent by watching him with his daughters?
He is just such a sweet and patient dad. He’s the opposite of the macho male. He really cares about their happiness and how their school is going and how they’re getting along with other kids. He loves hanging out with them and they are his priority in life.
Ok, dish! You revealed you grew a lovely “red goatee” when you were pregnant with Olive. Did you have any surprising pregnancy side effects while you were knocked up with Frankie?
I didn’t grow leg hair for like six months! It was the oddest, raddest thing I had ever experienced in my life. I was so happy, but sadly it didn’t last.
Are there things of Olive’s you’re excited to pass down to daughter Frankie?
Yes! When I found out I was having another girl I thought, Well that’s convenient, because I already have everything I need—including Olive’s duck onesie, which I loved and so sad when she grew out of it at four months. I would say about 70 percent of Olive’s clothes I got from my sister-in-law because she has two girls. So Olive wears her cousins’ clothes, and Frankie will too!
Download our free lion coloring page so your kids can go on an African safari, just like they do in the movie!
Image courtesy of Warner Brothers
Add a Comment
Adam Sandler, Blended, blended families, Celebrity, celebrity interview, celebrity mom, Celebrity moms, Drew Barrymore, frankie, girl power, hand-me-downs, mom, olive | Categories:
celebrities, Entertainment, GoodyBlog, Time for Fun
Thursday, September 13th, 2012
This post was written by our friends at Celebrity Baby Scoop.
Who are some of the closest lookalike mother-daughter duos in Hollywood? What about father-son, or father-daughter, or even mother-son pairs?
Celebrity Baby Scoop takes a look at 15 celebrities and their spitting images. From Reese Witherspoon and daughter Ava, to the late Heath Ledger and daughter Matilda, to Gwyneth Paltrow and daughter Apple, here’s a look at Tinseltown’s mini-me’s.
1. Reese Witherspoon and her 13-year-old daughter Ava might be the closest lookalike pair in Hollywood! Reese and her 8-year-old son Deacon also look similar, but we think he looks more like papa Ryan Phillippe. No?
2. Cindy Crawford and her 11-year-old daughter Kaia are a close second to Reese and Ava. This gorgeous mother-daughter duo are spotted all over Los Angeles in their funky duds. Not to mention, Kaia’s 13-year-old brother Presley and dad Rande Gerber are just as beautiful.
3. Gwyneth Paltrow‘s daughter is the apple of her eye! There’s no doubt about it, Apple, 8, looks just like her mama. Gwyneth and her husband Chris Martin are also parents to 6-year-old son Moses, another close lookalike for the stunning actress.
4. Tina Fey has a mini-me: her 7-year-old daughter Alice! Tina and her longtime love, husband Jeff Richmond, are also parents to 1-year-old daughter Penelope. We hope to see more of Tina’s baby to see if she is also looks like her hilarious mama.
5. Julianne Moore and her 10-year-old daughter Liv are one of the cutest mother-daughter duos in Hollywood! We love this redheaded pair who look so much alike. Julianne and her husband Bart Freundlich are also parents to 14-year-old son Cal — not so much of a resemblance there!
6. Adam Sandler and his 6-year-old daughter Sadie look so much alike that she was cast to play his young identical twin sister in his movie Jack and Jill! Adam and his wife Jackie are also parents to 3-year-old daughter Sunny, who also resembles her funny dad.
7. Mark Consuelos and his 15-year-old son Michael have often been called one of the closest father-son lookalikes in Hollywood. Mark and his lovely wife Kelly Ripa are also parents to daughter Lola, 11, and son Joaquin, 9, but we don’t see the strong resemblance with the younger two. Do you?
8. Teri Hatcher and her 14-year-old daughter Emerson are such a pretty pair! The lookalike mother-daughter duo seem like the best of friends and are often seen out lunching and shopping together. Emerson is Teri’s only child, whom she had with ex-husband Jon Tenney.
9. Heidi Klum and her 8-year-old daughter Leni are blonde beauties! Often seen at the playground, out for lunch, or just strolling in SoHo, Heidi’s oldest child is definitely her mini-me. Heidi and estranged husband Seal are also parents to sons Henry, 6, Johan, 5, and 2-year-old daughter Lou.
10. Angelina Jolie seems to have passed down her luscious lips and overall stunning good looks to her 4-year-old daughter Vivienne. There’s no question that her other biological children – Vivienne’s twin Knox and 6-year-old daughter Shiloh – also look like her, but we think the strongest resemblance is with Vivi. No?
11. Jennifer Garner finally got her boy, and we think he’s the spitting image of mama! Baby Samuel, 6 months, seems to have Jen’s beautiful eyes. While big sisters Violet, 6, and Seraphina, 3, also look like mom, we think Jen’s boy looks most like her.
12. Heath Ledger died too soon at the age of 28. But before his tragic passing, he welcomed a daughter, Matilda, with actress Michelle Williams. Now nearly 7, Matilda is the spitting image of her late father. May his memory live on in her beautiful smile.
13. Britney Spears‘ boys – Sean Preston, 7, and Jayden James, 6 – are both little lookalikes to their gorgeous mama! It seems the boys have gotten their mother’s good genes, making them some of the cutest celebrity kids around. The boys’ father is Brit’s ex-husband, former backup dance Kevin Federline.
14. Uma Thurman‘s 14-year-old daughter Maya could play her younger self in a movie! We recently spotted the pretty pair out with Uma’s newborn daughter and we couldn’t help but notice the striking resemblance. Uma and her ex-husband Ethan Hawke are also parents to 10-year-old son Levon.
15. Kris Jenner and her infamous daughter Kim Kardashian, 31, are one of the most photographed lookalike duos in Hollywood. The mother-daughter team not only look like each other, they spend countless hours working together on their reality TV show and many other endeavors. Kris’ five other children also share a strong resemblance with the famous matriarch.
More Celebrity parenting stories from Celebrity Baby Scoop:
Jessica Simpson’s Bikini Baby
Most Adorable Celeb Mom and Baby Pics Of The Week
Ali Landry: “We are Open To Having Another Baby”
5 Celebrity Moms Share Back-to-School Tips
Fun In The Sun: 15 Celebrity Families Hit The Beach
Celebrity Baby Scoop is one of the most popular blogs on the topic and the foremost provider of everything celebrity-baby, featuring baby fashion, baby names, baby trends and up-to-the-minute celebrity baby gossip and pics. Get all the latest news, updates, and photos about Hollywood’s most beloved celebrity moms, dads and their babies. Who’s the latest Tinseltown baby? Who’s due next and who just announced a pregnancy? It’s all on Celebrity Baby Scoop.
Add a Comment
Adam Sandler, angelina jolie, britney spears, celebrities, celebrity baby scoop, celebs, Cindy Crawford, Gwyneth Paltrow, Heath Ledger, heidi klum, jennifer garner, Julianne Moore, Kim Kardashian, Kris Jenner, Mark Consuelos, Reese Witherspoon, Teri Hatcher, tina fey, Uma Thurman | Categories: