Creative Lunches with a Little Mommy Brilliance
This is a post from Trisha Novotny of 247 Moms provided by our sponsor Del Monte. This content was commissioned by our brand partner. Such content is not written by, and does not necessarily reflect the views of parents.com.
The school bell is about to ring , the lunch boxes will be ready to be filled once again as our kids head off to their class rooms. How do we as moms keep our kids lunches fun and creative all year long at the same time getting our kids to eat their fruits and veggies? With 5 kids and years of packing lunches I have had a few Mommy Brilliance moments when it comes to packing Fun and Creativity lunches with these school lunch packing ideas
- DIY Containers - Save your yogurt containers – wash them thoroughly then use to fill with liquid Jell-O or pudding mixture (before it sets), place lid back on and refrigerate. Now you have your individual snack-sized Jell-O or pudding at a fraction of the cost for your kiddos lunches.
- Colored fun - Add colored fun to your child’s lunch by using colored plastic wraps. Or during the holiday’s use special zipper-type bags, and napkins that are in holiday themes.
- Write it - Each day include a short note to your child. Anything that shows them you love them and you are thinking of them will show your child you care. For free lunch box cards Click here for FREE lunch box notes.
- YOU Win - Surprise your kids with a prize like they get when they order at fast food restaurants.. It can be as simple as stickers, small candy treat or a small toy.
- Change it - use colored lunch bags instead of the typical brown bags or lunch box they take every day.
- Cut it shape it - have fun with your kiddos sandwiches by cutting the sandwich into interesting shapes or cut with cookie cutters.
- S’more for lunch – Cook-free S’Mores: Spread Marshmallow Cream (fluff) on one graham cracker square, then spread nutella on the other, and press together and place in a zippered sandwich size bag and place in your kids lunch box. What a fun yummy treat.
-Milk Money - Often children need change (coins) during the school year whether it’s for ice cream day, an extra milk at lunch or some other reason. To keep your children’s change from getting lost use a 35 MM film canister to hold the change that can be placed in their lunchboxes.
-Kids get packing- Allow your kids to help pack their lunches. With the use of pre packaged foods and snacks they can easily begin making their own lunches. Try using Del Monte Fruit Burst Squeezers which offer the goodness of 1 1/2 servings of fruits and vegetables . They have a fruity taste so kids love them! And moms love that they contain no high fructose corn syrup, no artificial flavors are Gluten free and are an excellent source of Vitamin C. Perfect for on-the-go lunches.
What fun do you add to your kids lunches?
Do your kids love Del Monte snack foods then grab your camera and enter the contest
WIN: August 1 through September 1 Del Monte is asking consumers to share a photo on their kids favorite Del Monte snack – Fruit Burst or Plastic Fruit Cups (Squeeze or Spoon?)
Click here for more details and to enter this fun photo contest.Add a Comment