Simple One-Ingredient (Banana!) Ice Cream
You may or may not have heard the buzz about one-ingredient ice cream, and you may be wondering whether it’s too good to be true. Rest assured that, yes, it really is as quick, easy, and delicious as it seems! I whipped up a batch in less than fifteen minutes with stellar results. Most recipes call for a food processor, but a blender will work just as well.
This is a perfect treat for kids and adults with a dairy-free diet or as a light alternative to traditional ice cream, and it definitely doesn’t sacrifice taste. I used this recipe as a guideline and added a few of my favorite mix-ins.
This makes enough for two small portions or one hearty (read: sweet-tooth-approved) serving.
All you’ll need is:
- 3 bananas, cut into small chunks and frozen
My optional additions:
- 2 heaping tablespoons of creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- A few pinches of sea salt, to taste
1. Whizz your bananas in a blender or food processor. If your blender is low-power, like mine was, let the bananas thaw on the counter for about five minutes. If your bananas are straight from the freezer, stop a few times to give your blender a break and the scrape down the sides. Blend until the consistency is smooth throughout, like soft-serve.
2. Once you’ve got a smooth texture, that’s it!
3. If you want to take it a step further, add your mix-ins. Pulse just a few times until everything is incorporated. Serve immediately with a sprinkle of cinnamon and salt on top.
Let your imagination go wild when it comes to your mix-ins: nuts, berries, spices, candy, sprinkles, or granola are all great additions. Or, keep it plain and simple with just the bananas. Either way, relax and enjoy your guilt-free dessert!
Add a Comment
Tags: banana, banana ice cream, Brooke Bunce, dairy free, easy, ice cream, one ingredient banana ice cream, one ingredient ice cream, one-ingredient, quick, recipe, simple, vegan, vegan ice cream | Categories: Food, GoodyBlog, Time for Fun