New Delivery Services Make Dinner Easier
Picture this: it’s 4:30 PM. You’re running the kids from soccer to dance to guitar, then back to dance because your daughter left her backpack in the studio. And then you have to feed them. Sure, ordering pizza or Chinese is an easy option. But, we all know that home-cooked food is a much healthier choice. Unfortunately, meal planning and grocery shopping can be a pipe dream in the whirlwind of a modern family’s everyday activities.
Now there is a new option for families that want the convenience of delivery with the healthfulness of home-cooking. Three companies, HelloFresh, Blue Apron, and Plated–recently launched to help busy people who don’t have the time to plan and shop for meals. Once a week, these companies ship recipes and fresh ingredients for a fixed number of meals right to your door. All that you have to do is cook and enjoy.
- Three meals per box, choose from classic or vegetarian
- Each meal serves either two or four people
- Delivers to the entire East Coast
- $129 per classic 4-person box, $109 per veggie 4-person box
- For more information, visit hellofresh.com.
- Three meals per box
- Each meal serves any multiple of two
- Delivers to the western third and eastern half of the U.S.
- $120 per 4-person box
- For more information, visit blueapron.com.
- Two, four, or six plates per box
- Each plate serves one person
- Delivers to 80 percent of the U.S.
- $15 per plate
- For more information, visit plated.com.
All ingredients are pre-portioned, eliminating food waste. And to spare your sanity, meals vary–no more “chicken, again?” protests. Another perk: all of the companies allow cancellation at any time. Sadly, clean up is on you.
Obviously, services like this cost more money than simply planning, shopping, and cooking for yourself. But, if time is more precious than money at this point, a meal delivery service could be the difference between a health family dinner and the drive-through.
Image: Groceries via Shutterstock.Add a Comment