American Baby Bests: Vote for Nursing Helpers and Highchairs!

What helped you get the hang of nursing? If you’ve moved on to solids, do you have a highchair that you love? If so, help other moms by giving the thumbs-up to the most useful products! After you vote, leave a comment below telling us why a product worked for you for the chance to win a $250 gift card. Feel free to type in a write-in vote in the comments if you don’t see what you want to nominate.

Tags: | Categories: GoodyBlog

1. by Andrea L

On March 26, 2013 at 5:50 pm

I had fraternal b/g twins, and my husband and I love our Fisher-Price Space Saver high chairs. They seemed like the best option to save room in our dining room. It was recommended to us by my sister-in-law. We love that it grows with the baby by having a reclining seat and adjustable height. Also, when needed, it converts to a booster. We will get a lot of use out of these seats. We leave them strapped to the dining chairs, and when guests come we can easily remove them.

2. by Kathryn

On March 26, 2013 at 7:22 pm

I agree the spacesaver high chair is awesome!

3. by Mary Hermes

On March 27, 2013 at 10:26 am

We use the Eddie Bauer high chair and so far we love it!

4. by Kim

On March 27, 2013 at 10:50 am

Booster seats I have found to be number one. They are lightweight, have many uses, and most important portable!!!! My son has used this since he was a baby. Now at 3 years old I still use it! I sit him down in it when it’s time to cut his hair! Helps him stay seated so I can concentrate!

5. by Sana

On March 27, 2013 at 5:24 pm

Boppy pillow is great for support and comfort.

We received baby trend high chair as a gift and we love its features: its easy to clean and is standing fold. Also the wheels lock and unlock easily and rolls easily on carpet as well as non-carpeted floors.

6. by Margarette

On March 27, 2013 at 8:15 pm

My Ergo sport baby carrier helped me nurse my newborn daughter and take care of my three year old son. It helped me get things done around the house and to not get swollen mommy wrist from holding her in my arms all day. She is four months old and we are still going strong with nursing in and out the house with our baby carrier while running after big brother!

7. by Amy

On March 30, 2013 at 1:10 am

The supplemental nursing system, SNS, by Medela is by far the best nursing accessory I own. Without it my son would have been a formula fed baby. Right now he is 50/50 formula and breastmilk. More hospitals should make this tool more well known to mothers having breastfeeding problems. Our chances of him being completely breastfed would have been much higher if I had the right kind of support from the beginning. Despite seeing several lactation consultants I was left to research and found this one on my own. I owe thanks for every wonderful drop of breastmilk my son gets to Medela.

8. by Lisa P.

On March 30, 2013 at 2:56 pm

Breast Feeding could not have lived without Nuk’s (formerly Gerber’s) Breast Balm. Essentially like a very big Chapstik! So easy to put on, so soothing, no sticky mess like the lanolin.

Feeding – Can NOT live without our Fisher Price Healthy Choice booster seat. Never had any high chair and we take this with us EVERY where. $20, two kids, and still going great!

9. by Lindsay D.

On April 9, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Love my space saver. Perfect for every stage from first foods to toddlers! Also love my bebe au lait cover, makes nursing anywhere easy and discrete.

10. by clarissa

On April 9, 2013 at 3:47 pm

the bebe au lait nursing cover is the best design in covers. Its the perfect size and stays put well. The patterns and designs are all very attractive too. It washes well and doesn’t fade or otherwise lose its attractiveness or functionality.

11. by Aimee

On April 9, 2013 at 4:30 pm

Bravdo nursing bras and tanks were a lifesaver. They are comfortable, great support, and make nursing a breeze. Highly recommend these for all nursing moms!

Fisher price EZ clean high chair is the best! The bright colors really stimulate babies! My son and daughter both love this high chair! It’s so easy to clean which is a definite plus with a toddler and five month old!

12. by Afshu R

On April 9, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Boppy pillows are a mother’s best friend. They are very convenient and comfortable during feeding baby.
    I don’t particularly have a favorite high chair but would go with Graco high chair and Fisher price EZ clean.

13. by Tiffany Dean

On April 11, 2013 at 5:31 pm

I have loved all my Graco products! We dont have a current high chair but need one. I love my Boppy it has been a huge back/neck saver by giving me the support I need while nursing and just while holding my little one

14. by Nicole Ott

On April 11, 2013 at 6:08 pm

We love our Graco highchair. It is so versital and has grown with my daughter. It can be a highchair or a booster seat and we are currently using it as a booster seat. It has a second base to go directly on a chair if you don’t have space for the large base or it can be used for travel. We still use the extra base when we travel or go to friends and families homes. With all the pieces you could even use the chair for 2 kids with one in the highchair and one in the booster seat.

15. by Cary O.

On April 13, 2013 at 9:38 pm

the graco highchair grows with your baby and has wheels for moving it easily.

16. by Jkyia

On April 17, 2013 at 2:44 pm

Love Love Love my boppy pillow!!! Has saved my arms for long late night feedings!

17. by Laura K

On April 17, 2013 at 3:04 pm

When I had my csection the Boppy really helped to breastfeed well in the hospital and also was a great help when we went home. Now that the little one is 2 months old, the Boppy works well as a nursing support for the late night feedings and in the morning is a great prop so my son can watch me get ready for the day.

18. by Rosa

On April 17, 2013 at 3:13 pm

I loved my Boppy pillow. It kept my arms from getting tired while I nursed and kept my daughter comfortable. We took it on a plane with us and it helped her feel secure and comfortable while I nursed her to keep her ears from making her unhappy.

19. by Jenness

On April 17, 2013 at 3:30 pm

I had the “My Brest Friend” pillow with my twins. I was able to nurse them at the same time with this pillow, whereas the other pillows weren’t big enough or supportive enough for me to nurse them simultaneously. I used it for the entire year that I nursed. Baby #4 is on the way, and I got rid of the nursing pillow 9 years ago (my twins are almost 11), so I was very happy to get a “My Brest Friend” as a gift from a friend!

20. by Cortney Meeks

On April 17, 2013 at 5:11 pm

I used the boppy pillow from day one and it was awesome. I forgot it on a trip to my inlaws house once and wondered how people nurse without one! It’s a great pillow that provides comfort and support for mommy and baby!

21. by misty gibson

On April 18, 2013 at 8:59 am

I got my first boppy with baby #1 and it made nursing a breeze! I had a c section and it not only helped me position her correctly on my breast it also kept the pressure off of my tummy. With baby #2 I’m back to my trusted boppy and loving the new design! Firm support on one side keeps my little Guy in place while nursing while the soft side is great support for sleepy cuddles. The new boppy has vibration that my little Guy likes on during his bedtime nursing. Boppy is my go to for nursing comfort and ease.

22. by Diana @ Nanny to Mommy

On April 23, 2013 at 12:05 pm

I loved my Boppy! It was such an amazing product! I needed that extra oomph so little one could reach my breast plus I loved it to assist her when she was learning to sit up. It was such an essential nursing product that I recommend it to everyone who is thinking about breastfeeding.

23. by Kathleen Alexander

On April 23, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Love my Boppy – it’s been great to breastfeed in multiple positions as my son seems to grow inches every month. He also is practicing sitting up in it now and it helps as a safe place to let him do that too.
    I also TOTALLY LOVE the Earth Mama Natural Nipple Butter and completely recommend it. I like that you don’t have to wash it off and it sinks right into the nipple or anywhere you have chapped or rough skin. Normally any dry skin is gone in a day with 1 or 2 applications. I have eczema and very sensitive skin and have no reactions to it, nor has my son.

24. by Barbara Bronson

On April 23, 2013 at 1:30 pm

I work for a non profit organization that provides nursing support to new moms. We give Boppies as gifts to women who can’t afford them. The moms love the Boppy for breastfeeding and supporting their babies while they learn to sit up.

25. by Vicki Barrett-Nelson

On April 23, 2013 at 2:07 pm

LOVE my Boppy pillow with out it nursing was uncomfortable and it doubled as a helper for my son in sitting up. Love my Graco Hichair folds up to 6 inches wide and slides away!

26. by Daniela

On April 23, 2013 at 4:05 pm

I Loved The Boppy pillow. Was always confortable for my baby while breastfeeding her. Even my hubby enjoyed it with our kids. He definitely felt safe when carrying our baby and bottle feeding her.

27. by clarissa

On April 23, 2013 at 7:25 pm

The bravado nursing bras are attractive, comfortable, and well made/long lasting. I have many styles and love them all

28. by Lori Carson

On April 23, 2013 at 7:37 pm

The Boppy was amazing. It has so many uses- it is more than a breastfeeding pillow.

29. by Ashley K

On April 23, 2013 at 7:46 pm

The bobby nursing pillow was great from birth and we are still using it. My little miss love to use it now to watch TV and shes 1 1/2

30. by sara

On April 24, 2013 at 8:22 am

My boppy! What a blessing this has been especially in the early days of nursing! And being a frugal and resourceful mom, I have found other ways to use it in addition to for breastfeeding support! =)

31. by Megan Dickens

On April 25, 2013 at 8:26 am

I couldn’t live without my Boppy, Lansinoh gel pads, Lansinoh breast pads, Lansinoh nipple cream, Bebe au Lait nursing cover, Medela Pump, and my favorite nursing bra from Motherhood Maternity!!!

32. by Melissa C

On April 29, 2013 at 12:14 pm

I’ll be a first time mom in Oct. but I’ve been told Boppy is a must have and I love Graco brand, designs, and safety.

33. by nicole

On April 30, 2013 at 11:06 am

we used baby trend high chair