American Baby Bests: Vote for Swaddlers and Pacifiers!

Do you burrito-wrap your little bundle for a better night’s sleep? Have you found a swaddler that your infant can’t break out of? What about a pacifier…is there one you count on for soothing? Click on the brand you love, then leave a comment below explaining why you love it. And don’t forget to enter to win a $250 gift card! Don’t see your brand? Feel free to write it in.

Tags: | Categories: GoodyBlog, Must Read

1. by Kim

On February 11, 2013 at 1:35 pm

I`ve never used a swaddler, my baby tend to sweat in there sleep something awful, so I just bought lots of sleepers, but the MAM pacis are a lifesaver. Both of my kiddles could hold them easily, put them back in their own mouth early, and the super bright colors made them easy for me to spot if the got dropped. We used the air for my drooly kiddo to prevent rashes on her delicate skin, but my son preffered the originals.

2. by Tina

On February 11, 2013 at 7:54 pm

The Woombie is the ABSOLUTE best for swaddling. The material is stretchy and it zips up!!!! Also, babes loves the nuk brand soothers!!!!

3. by Brenda

On February 12, 2013 at 12:03 pm

The Philips Avent Soothie pacifiers have been an absolute lifesaver. They are the only pacifier that either of my children would take. Plus, they are very cute. It reminds me of a fish when they suck on them

4. by Melissa Shipherd

On February 12, 2013 at 12:05 pm

I love the Halo Swaddlers because if your baby does not like thier arms swaddled, their arms can remain unswaddled.

5. by Elizabeth Q

On February 12, 2013 at 12:06 pm

My son feels so comforted all wrapped up in the swaddle me. They are so easy to use even with a squirming baby! I love that the gumdrop pacifiers allow us to put our finger in to hold to his mouth. I think he likes that little added resistance as he sucks on it.

6. by Katie

On February 12, 2013 at 12:16 pm

I LOVE Halo sacks! My little boy was in one his first night at home. I wish I had it at the hospital b/c he slept amazingly in it. Took a bit to break him from it but I will use them on our next baby!!

Also MAM are the only paci’s he would take. I tried everything but they won! And they are just so cute.

7. by Nicole

On February 12, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Loved Halo Sleepsacks-great since you aren’t supposed to put blankets in the crib.
    Rarely used pacifiers, but when we did it was Avent!

8. by Sheila

On February 12, 2013 at 4:02 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Adiden & Anais blankets. The more you wash them the softer they get and they are really big! 47×47
    Made me feel comfortable that they are made from breathable muslin so if he did get “free” it would be safer than a thicker blanket.

9. by Mallary

On February 12, 2013 at 4:04 pm

My son (and I) LOVED the Aden and Anais swaddlers- they were a life saver for us! Perfect for our colicky baby

10. by Nolvia b

On February 12, 2013 at 4:13 pm

My baby used the Nuck pacifier hecause it is recomended by the dentist and the shape of it is perfectly for the roof of their mouth.
    The fishe pice swaddle cinch worked awesome for my little one.

11. by Shelby S.

On February 12, 2013 at 5:34 pm

My son and I LOVED the Aden + Anais swaddlers! He’s always been a sweaty baby and he HATED blankets over him when he nursed. these blankets were a life saver because they are thin and breathable not to mention they are large so I felt completely covered up in public. He also loved to be swaddled, we swaddled him until he was 6 months old every night to sleep and they were big enough to fit his chubbiness! Loved loved loved them! With pacifiers we tried EVERY BRAND and he finally settled on the original MAM now he wont take anything else!

12. by Aga

On February 13, 2013 at 3:25 pm

Summer Infants swaddlers come in a few sizes but the best part of them is that infant sizes zip up or down( two sided zipper) and they are so affordable! And I love MAM pacifiers because they really are so well made and stay in perfect shape. Plus my daughter loves them!

13. by Kim McDonald

On February 13, 2013 at 3:47 pm

Love the halo sleep sacks have used them for both my kids and not only are they escape proof but also daddy proof too!

14. by AmySue

On February 13, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Mam pacifiers are the best. The glow in the dark ones are a mothers best friend. In the dark you can find them in seconds and as my daughter got older the glowing helped her find them in the middle of the night.

15. by Tiffany Reed

On February 13, 2013 at 5:31 pm

My son used soothie pacis at first but I liked the more natural feel of the textured mam pacis so we started using them. My son took to them right away and still loves them.

16. by Angela

On February 13, 2013 at 8:50 pm

For my 2 boys ages 5 & almost 7 years now the hospital gave us MAM pacis. My in-laws bought a different paci for my oldest & he didn’t really like it. I never tried anything different with my second. When #3 came along the hospital had switched to the Philips Avent. My daughter gagged every time I tried to use it(happened to my friends baby, who was a week older, too). I had my husband go to the store and get the MAM starter pacis I had seen. When it was time for the bottle we tried 4 kinds of teats before a friend let me use her MAM bottles. It was the only one she took. She is one picky little girl but she loves her MAM products, especially her new teether she got for Christmas.

17. by Aaron

On February 13, 2013 at 9:27 pm

We learned about the Baby Ota swaddle some years ago and I am sad to see that it is not on your survey. It is far better and more comfortable than any of the entrants you have on this list. Please give it a look and perhaps add it.

18. by Caitlin

On February 13, 2013 at 10:36 pm

My son loves the summer infant swaddlers. We have tried basic blankets and a few other types of swaddlers, and nothing sooths him just like the summer infant brand.
    He is also a big fan of the MAM pacifiers. We tried every single brand we could get our hands on and finally ran across these. They are pretty popular apparently since our stores can’t keep them on the shelfs.

19. by Julie

On February 14, 2013 at 9:18 pm

We love halo swaddlers. I loved Nuk pacifiers for my girls.

20. by Meredith

On February 14, 2013 at 11:05 pm

First daughter hated swaddling so when we could start using the Halo sleep sacks they were essential. Genius.

Second baby loves swaddling and we are an Aden and Anais family.

Nuk pacifiers, both kids, all the way. I guess I bought into the fact that they wouldn’t totally mess up their teeth if they were somehow “orthodontic.”

21. by kathryn

On February 15, 2013 at 5:27 pm

We liked the Summer Infant SwaddleMe when our daughter was a newborn and when we were out of the house and the Halo SleepSack Swaddle for bedtime. The SleepSack was helpful when we transitioned away from swaddling. She’s not a huge pacifier fan, but the only ones she even even half-way accepted were the Soothie and the GumDrop, both of which were given to us at the hospital. I bought her a Wubbanub (a little stuffed animal with a Soothie attached), which helped her learn to put the pacifier in her mouth by herself, but then she cut her first tooth and quit pacifiers all together. I guess she didn’t like how they felt in her mouth after that?

22. by Gondi

On February 15, 2013 at 6:21 pm

My favorite was the hospital blankets. You could use them for everything

23. by Adrienne

On February 18, 2013 at 10:07 pm

We were given a Halo SleepSack and Gumdrop pacifiers at the hospital. My son won’t sleep without his SleepSack and never took to any of the other passies we had bought for him.

24. by Gabriel Bilotta

On February 25, 2013 at 11:03 pm

It is appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you few interesting things or tips. Maybe you can write next articles referring to this article. I want to read even more things about it!

25. by Amanda Patton

On February 26, 2013 at 1:31 pm

I loved summer infant swaddlers with both my boys and mam pacifiers. Couldn’t have made it through without them!

26. by Megan Eisenhardt

On February 26, 2013 at 2:33 pm

My daughter had a terrible startle reflex, we tried so many different swaddle blankets and sacks and the only way we were able to get her to sleep for more than 20mins at a time was with the Woombie swaddler. Not only are fast, easy, and quiet (unlike the other brands with Velcro), but they are super cute and come in a variety of prints/colors. They also have many different styles that will grow with your baby’s needs.
    As far as pacifiers go, my daughter only takes MAM pacis. We tried a few different brands and shapes but once we tried MAM she was hooked. If she’s happy, I’m happy.

27. by Shannon Berry

On February 27, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Absolutely love Mam pacis and Aden and Anais blankets. Currently stocking up on both for baby #2!

28. by Sana

On March 2, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Honestly, I had never taught of using swaddler until I received Aden Anais Swaddle wraps and Summer Infant Swaddle as a gift during baby shower. I personally liked the Aden Anais Swaddle warp/blanket since it is larger than other swaddling blankets, and also much thinner and not as lumpy when placed on baby. I use it for multiple purposes as a nursing cover, blanket, stroller shade and for carseat shade and I absolutely love their various designs.

As for the pacifier, We do not have a specific brand we like for the baby but we tend to buy first year pacifiers since we were referred to that brand by multiple friends and have stuck to that brand.

For my soon to come baby girl we are already shopping and stocking up on Aden+Anais swaddle wraps!!

29. by Tammy

On March 2, 2013 at 9:26 pm

I love the Avent orthodontic. They are clear and you can see him beautiful smile!

30. by Sheila

On March 3, 2013 at 12:32 am

I love playtex binky because it’s similar to my nipple.

31. by Alex

On March 3, 2013 at 2:14 am

MAM originals are wonderful…they and the MAM air are her favorites and the ONLY binki I can get her to take. They also make a MAM original that GLOWS IN THE DARK, making middle of the night wake ups completely easy (I can find it without turning the lights on or shining my phone ino her crib). SwaddleMe’s are a life saver too!

32. by Sana

On March 3, 2013 at 6:19 pm

The First Years products have served my child well over the years and she loves it.
    Aden+Anais Swaddle wraps are a life saver and the prints are a plus. I get multiple use out of them. They are big, breathable and thinner so the baby when wrapped is does not get lumpy.

33. by Jessica

On March 7, 2013 at 12:33 pm

I LOVE Nested Bean’s Zen Swaddle! Honestly it is the best swaddle that has made my son less fussy and gotten home to sleep more hours at night :)

34. by Sana

On March 10, 2013 at 10:04 pm

I feel in love with swaddlers after I received Aden Anais Swaddle wraps and Summer Infant Swaddle as a gift during baby shower. I personally liked the Aden Anais Swaddle warp/blanket since it is larger than other swaddling blankets, and also much thinner and not as lumpy when placed on baby. I use it for multiple purposes as a nursing cover, blanket, stroller shade and for carseat shade and I absolutely love their various designs.

35. by Diane

On March 11, 2013 at 4:20 pm

We used Swaddle Me and Aden and Anais and loved them both, but when little guy busted out of plain blankets, the Swaddle Me did the trick. The Velcro fasteners were snug, but breathable and allowed movement. Would highly recommend.

36. by SanaS

On March 11, 2013 at 4:31 pm

We fell in love with Aden Anais Swaddle wraps and Summer Infant Swaddle after receiving it as a gift at my baby shower. We personally liked the Aden Anais Swaddle warp/blanket since it is larger than other swaddling blankets, and also much thinner and not as lumpy when placed on baby. I use it for multiple purposes as a nursing cover, blanket, stroller shade and for carseat shade and I absolutely love their various designs.
    We lean towards first year pacifiers since we were referred to that brand by multiple friends and have stuck to that brand.

37. by Jodi

On March 11, 2013 at 6:52 pm

Love dr browns prevent pacifiers! These are the only pacifiers my baby likes!

38. by Alisha

On March 11, 2013 at 7:49 pm

I love the halo sleepsacks and the Playtex ortho pro pacifiers! That is all I used for my babies!

39. by diana

On March 12, 2013 at 3:49 pm

Mam pacifier are adorable, only brand I would use for my baby. I love the halo because I can swaddle my baby with or without their arm tuck in.

40. by Miranda Welle

On March 12, 2013 at 3:58 pm

The Petite Frites Large Swaddle Blanket is AWESOME!!!!

41. by Sana

On March 13, 2013 at 8:26 pm

I love aden+anais swaddler and The First Years pacifiers!

42. by Saif

On March 14, 2013 at 12:18 pm

We love Summer Infant and the First Years pacifiers!

43. by Gina Gomez

On March 24, 2013 at 1:54 am

I’m a mother of four great kids, living in New York City. I have a new store and the largest selection of pacifiers on the web. I’m hoping for everyone to visit. They are all personally designed by me and very unique.
    When my kids were babies I always looked for cool looking pacifiers but at that time there were none to be found. I have created so many designs, retro, customizeable, abstract art, etc. http://www.zazzle.com/babbling_babies is the address. Thanks so much. :o )

44. by AMCheatham

On March 24, 2013 at 3:13 pm

I like the sleep sacks in that they can be used as baby grows. And I like playtex otho-pro passys because they are clinically shown to be othrodonically safe.