American Baby Bests: Vote for Baby Seats!

A seat that rocks can calm a newborn. One filled with toys can give him a great place to play. They’re sanity-savers! Tell us what brand of soothing seat works for you, and what play seat is your baby’s favorite. After you vote, leave a comment below and tell us what you’re able to get done while Sweetie is in his or her seat! You also have the chance to win a $250 gift card. PS if you don’t see a brand you love, feel free to write it in when you leave a comment. Goody luck!

1. by Sana

On February 26, 2013 at 3:41 pm

I get heaps of house work done after I lay my little one in her seat!! She absolutely loves the swing and has no problem falling asleep on it.

2. by Sana

On February 26, 2013 at 3:43 pm

I use Graco Lovin’ Hug Infant Swing. I usually put my daughter in the swing when she starts to get a little fussy. And I also get heaps of house work done after I lay my little one in her seat!! She absolutely loves the swing and has no problem falling asleep on it. I absolutely love the design and its features and have no complaints so far.

3. by Amanda

On March 1, 2013 at 4:16 pm

We have the Graco Love and Hug in Capri just liked pictured above and we used it multiple times every day for my now 16 month old daughter. That is what she napped in for her first few months and it was a life saver! We also have the Comfort & Harmony Bouncer which she really loved being in when she was awake but I couldn’t hold her. She often sat in it while I was cooking to keep her occupied. Can’t wait to re-use both of these things with our new daughter who will be here in May!

4. by Jean Bullock

On March 1, 2013 at 4:20 pm

I can tidy up the room, fold clothes and even do dishes as long as my little one can see me.

5. by Amy Toy

On March 2, 2013 at 4:21 pm

The cradle and swing is a life saver. While shes in her swing whether napping or not I’m able to get anything done thats been put off, laundry, housework, cooking, nap, shower, dishes…you get the picture!

6. by jackie

On March 2, 2013 at 5:15 pm

My daughter used The Graco luvin’ hug swing and the bright starts bouncer. I am a single mom and they are both lifesavers. I am able to get my school work, cleaning and cooking done while she was playing in them!

7. by chelsey strain

On March 3, 2013 at 12:08 pm

My daughters had the cradle swing and the infant to toddler walker from fisher-price and let me just say they were both lifesavers. They could sit in the swing or chair for hours just relaxed,happy and not fussy which in return allowed me to get tons of work done; housework,school work and just a little me time as well. Love these products!

8. by Sarah

On March 3, 2013 at 12:10 pm

my son SLEEPS in the Graco swing some nights! it’s a lifesaver for the whole family! the infant to toddler rocker keeps him busy and comfortable while I get our heaping piles of laundry and dishes done!

9. by Tracie brown

On March 3, 2013 at 12:28 pm

I could get some much needed dishes or laundry done

10. by Samantha

On March 3, 2013 at 12:31 pm

I love that I can move mine around easily…even take it to the bathroom and relax in the tub while my baby sleeps!

11. by Stephani Uhler

On March 4, 2013 at 10:05 am

My son just loved his Precious Planets Fisher-Price Open Top Take-Along Swing!!! I was able to get lots of housework and stuff done while he was swinging away!!By it having a control where you could put it on the music or non music as well as a variable speed option it was perfect on those days when my son could not be soothed by any other means except the music and swinging vibration of the swing. For the longest time he would only take his naps and sleep in the swing. Plus with him having silent reflux it kept him at a great angle for the support he needed as well as security to get the rest he really needed. I love that it is also light weight and portable and folds up to take in the car or move it around so that I could watch him while I washed dishes or folded clothes. The only thing I didn’t like was that it only went up to 25 lbs. I just wish they would have made the weight limit higher because we had to scramble to come up with something that was so comforting to him after he reached the weight limit and really did still need his swing. I also wish it would have more toys on it to keep his interest longer or would have had something to light up on it he would have loved it all the more. I would highly suggest it to other Moms and their families. It was a great purchase!!!

12. by karen

On March 4, 2013 at 1:39 pm

my daughter used the Fisher Price cradle swing and the Fisher Price Papasan-Style Bouncer Seat. She loved them both. I was able to get laundry done, cooking, and some nap time. She loved falling asleep int he bouncer seat.

13. by konnie

On March 7, 2013 at 7:58 pm

while my son is in his bright starts bouncer i can clean up after his older sister, (who also loved her bright starts bouncer a short year ago) it has been a life saver!

14. by Olga Sichkar

On March 7, 2013 at 11:28 pm

Bouncer is what my LO loves

15. by Sana

On March 8, 2013 at 11:45 pm

I use Graco Lovin’ Hug Infant Swing. I usually put my daughter in the swing when she starts to get a little fussy. And I also get heaps of house work done when she is settled in her seat!! She absolutely loves the swing and has no problem falling asleep on it. The design and soft texture is a plus. For Playtime seat we use Fisher Price my little snug-a-bunny. I like the fact that bouncer is not too high off the floor. The vibrating option is great. It is also really easy to clean.

16. by SanaS

On March 11, 2013 at 4:33 pm

I love Graco baby products! They soothe my LO and the design is a plus and cleaning is not bad.

17. by Saif

On March 14, 2013 at 12:22 pm

Our LO loves the Fisher price swing. She settles down instantly and we can take care of house chores then kick up up feet and relax!

18. by Lisa Long

On March 20, 2013 at 9:17 pm

I have a friend who has a MamaRoo and I fell in love with it. Unfortunately I didn’t have one for my daughters but maybe for baby #3 I will!

19. by Amanda T

On March 20, 2013 at 9:21 pm

While the baby is in the seat I am able to do laundry, dishes, take a shower ALONE, and read a book and give extra cuddles to my big guy.

20. by deana lamm

On March 20, 2013 at 9:21 pm

i accomplish everything when my kids are in their infant seats

21. by Mariela Gomez

On March 20, 2013 at 9:30 pm

I get loads of house chores done when I put my little one in her 4moms mamaRoo rocker, just love it!

22. by stephaniet

On March 20, 2013 at 9:32 pm

Disney Baby The Lion King Premiere Cozy Coo Sway Seat isn’t on your list but honestly its the best, I had the graco lovin’ hug infant swing but it just didnt cut it, so we got the disney baby cozy coo sway seat with vibration and side sway and it works like a charm 8/10 times shes out in a minute!

23. by Janiri carrasco

On March 20, 2013 at 9:52 pm

I can get some cleaning done

24. by Ana O

On March 20, 2013 at 9:58 pm

Love the mamaroo and being able to get housework done.

25. by JLin

On March 20, 2013 at 10:04 pm

So I can do some cooking!

26. by Ren

On March 20, 2013 at 10:05 pm

Clean the house.

27. by Wei

On March 20, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Watch TV read some book.

28. by JENNIFER LITZINGER

On March 20, 2013 at 10:16 pm

I know of someone that has it and raves over it! I wish I had one for my 9 week old

29. by Sarah Reed

On March 20, 2013 at 10:39 pm

So many things…. treadmill, cleaning, cooking!

30. by Hayley Maschek

On March 20, 2013 at 10:40 pm

Love love love my mamaRoo! Got it for my first baby, and am now using it again for my second! Among other things, it has allowed me to take the elusive mommy shower on countless occasions, lol! Without my mamaRoo, I would still be in my jammies right now!

31. by gina

On March 20, 2013 at 10:48 pm

My LO has outgrown it now, but we used the FP cradle swing a lot so housework could get done.

32. by Paula C.

On March 20, 2013 at 11:17 pm

We absolutely love the 4moms mamaRoo! I can get all my housework done and a nap,,it’s great!

33. by Deb D.

On March 20, 2013 at 11:21 pm

I clean and prep dinner.

34. by Dallyn

On March 21, 2013 at 2:30 am

The only time I get things done is when my baby is in her seat. I can do the dishes, make dinner, or eat. I don’t know what I would do without one.

35. by Carey Sachs

On March 21, 2013 at 9:25 am

Love Love Love the mamaroo! I’m able to get so much done…dishes, vacuming, laundry, and much much more!

36. by Kristin

On March 21, 2013 at 11:16 am

We have one bouncy upstairs for when I’m cooking on the stove or showering, and a BabyBjorn for when I’m working as a hairstylist downstairs when baby just wants to sit up and see the world, or fall asleep!

37. by Nicole

On March 21, 2013 at 2:24 pm

I love the Mamaroo by 4Moms. It’s stylish and innovative, but it’s had my infant son’s heart since week 2. He’s now almost 11 weeks and loves his Mamaroo time.

38. by Ginger G.

On March 21, 2013 at 2:25 pm

The mamaRoo seat looks awesome!! Don’t have it yet, but I would imagine baby would be very happy in it!

39. by Ginger G.

On March 21, 2013 at 2:27 pm

The mamaRoo seat looks awesome! Don’t own it yet..but I would imagine baby would be very happy in it!