The 10 Best Cities to Raise Kids, According to Rent.com
In a survey of 1,000 people, Rent.com found 34% of parents are raising their kids in a big city. They cited cultural activities, educational opportunities, and population diversity as reasons for city living. Based on parents’ feedback, Rent.com compiled a list of the 10 best cities in America to raise kids. In no particular order:
- Portland, OR – Portland’s low crime rate and high graduation stats are two of many factors that draw families to this green city.
- Dallas, TX – Children living in Dallas have endless attractions and learning experiences to take advantage of, from zoos to parks to children’s theater.
- Columbus, OH – Columbus is an affordable city with some of the top public schools in the country and multiple indoor and outdoor themed parks.
- Omaha, NE – Great public schools, a low crime rate, a low cost of living, and cultural attractions make Omaha a catch.
- San Diego, CA – This city boasts great weather year-round and tons of kid-friendly attractions, including zoos and aquariums.
- Austin, TX – Austin has a grassroots, neighborhood spirit that makes families proud of belonging to the heart of Texas.
- Denver, CO – Denver has the largest public parks system of any U.S. city – a draw for active families that love the outdoors.
- Phoenix, AZ – Phoenix’s fun attractions like the Phoenix Zoo, the Children’s Museum, and plenty of outdoor activities entertain kids of all ages.
- San Jose, CA – Parents and kids enjoy San Jose for its cultural attractions, including the Children’s Discovery Museum and Happy Hollow Park; plus, the city has a great public transportation system.
- Seattle, WA – Seattle – known as a science and technology center – boasts an excellent academic reputation and beautiful scenery.
Are you raising your kids in a city? If so, which one and why do you love it?
Image: Small boy in big city, via ShutterstockAdd a Comment