Star Wars Sweets
The creative force is strong with Tammy Bertrand. She hosted an out-of-this-world Star Wars birthday for her six-year-old son, Joey. The Jedis-in-training earned light sabers by playing games, such as docking Darth Vader with a water balloon. Defeating the Empire works up an appetite, and the party guests loved to refuel with Tammy’s homemade Yoda cupcakes.
Tammy shared her tips for making her yummy Yoda. Whip up a batch of your favorite cupcakes, then follow our instructions to make the face.
- Candy eyeballs (find them in the baking section)
- Wrigley’s Spearmint Gum
- Food Coloring
- Add a few drops of green food coloring to vanilla frosting. Mix until even.
- Once cupcakes are cooled, frost with green frosting using a knife or spatula.
- Fill a pastry bag or Ziploc with green frosting and make two round dots where the eyes will go. Add a wriggly line above the eyes for character, and below the eyes for the mouth.
- Press eyeballs onto small rounds of frosting so that frosting comes up around the edges.
- Cut gum pieces in half and snip one corner from each to create a point. Stick to the sides of the cupcakes.