Beyoncé and Jay-Z Welcome a Baby Girl!

BeyonceCongratulations to Beyoncé and Jay-Z on the birth of their first child! The couple welcomed a baby girl last night at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City, according to People.

Multiple celebs have taken to Twitter to confirm the news.

Rihanna tweeted:

“Welcome to the world princess Carter! Love Aunty Rih”

Gwyneth Paltrow tweeted:

“Welcome to the world Blue! We love you already.”

The only thing we’re still unsure of is the baby’s name. E! News originally reported last night that the little girl’s name is Ivy Blue, but they’re now reporting that her name is Blue Ivy.

Which name do you prefer?

Image: Beyoncé Knowles, via s_bukley / Shutterstock.com

1. by Cyndi

On January 8, 2012 at 11:40 am

Either way, it’s their child and the name is beautiful. Many keep saying she wasn’t pregnant…truth be told…none of our business. They now have a lovely little girl to love. Congratulations to them.

2. by ERICA

On January 8, 2012 at 11:41 am

congrats. but dont people think b4 they name their children and the effect it will have on them.kids are cruel and even worse than back in the day.

3. by Nicole

On January 8, 2012 at 11:59 am

Unique names don’t affect rich people like it affects the poor people

4. by Kay

On January 8, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Ivy first, then Blue. So she can just use Ivy if she wants and drop the blue while in school.
    We’re in school for 14-18 years!
    Doesn’t matter if you’re rich or poor.

5. by Heather

On January 8, 2012 at 12:27 pm

I like Ivy Blue the most, but hey… to each their own :)

6. by Courtney

On January 8, 2012 at 12:57 pm

Blue is a color, not a child’s name. Why are people so stupid?

7. by god

On March 31, 2013 at 6:49 am

Heya i’m with the initial time right here. I came throughout this board And that I find It truly useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give a thing back and help people like you helped me.

8. by god

On March 31, 2013 at 7:21 am

Thanks for one more magnificent post. Exactly where else could any individual get that kind of info in such a perfect way of creating? I’ve a presentation up coming 1 week, and I’m to the look for such data.