Early Gender Prediction Tests

You’ve probably already read the big pregnancy news of the day: at-home blood tests can now predict your baby’s gender only seven weeks into pregnancy with 95% accuracy. The tests, which cost a few hundred dollars with lab fees, aren’t new, but a study published in The Journal of the American Medical Association yesterday raised their credibility.

Seven weeks is much earlier than the standard 18-20 weeks when women can typically find out their baby’s gender. But is finding out whether you’re having a boy or girl so soon a good thing? For parents who can’t wait to think of a baby name and decorate the nursery, the tests are great news. The tests can also provide relief for parents worried about gender-linked diseases.

But many news outlets are focusing on the potential for women to use these tests to select the gender of their child. While it’s hard for us to imagine a mother aborting her child because it’s not the sex she hoped for, it is a possibility with the new tests.

Read more about gender prediction at Parents.com:

1. by Betting Play

On November 15, 2011 at 5:24 pm

It is really a nice and useful piece of info. I’m glad that you shared this useful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

2. by Melinda Ward

On September 4, 2012 at 4:25 am

Greater

3. by komal jain

On October 3, 2012 at 12:56 am

I komal jain from india requesting u to courier “baby gender prediction test kit” to determine the gender of my
    baby either by using (urine or blood ) whichever is more accurate.There is a family history of “Syndrome dystrophy” which has
    already affected two male child in the family.Thats the reason its
    becoming mandatory for me to know the gender of my baby before hand
    coz if its a male child i will definately seek medical help/assistance
    before hand so that i can prevent on passing this genetic disorder to
    my baby.Atlas,if its a girl i wil b the most happiest person in the
    world coz it doesnt affect the girl child for sure.I know in india its
    ban for unethical reasons but mine is purely medical n genuine reason.
    I literaly beg u to help
    me as day by day i m becoming upset n depressd thinkng of the
    consequences.Plz plz courier me the home kit as i cant afford to
    travel abroad coz my parents r aged n ill. Just cant leave them alone
    at home seeing their critical condition.Awaiting ur positive reply n
    really seek ur help or else can suggest any alternate way of
    purchasing home kit to determine the gender of the baby.
    Many thnx in advance.
    Yours truly,
    Komaljain.(9967906764) cell

4. by Kusam

On November 6, 2012 at 10:18 am

I am Kusam from india Can you courier “baby gender prediction test kit” or is it avialable in india.Please email about it.
    Kusam

5. by Yanelly

On November 9, 2012 at 10:01 pm

I’m 11 weeks prego I don’t want to wait until I’m 5 months to find out if I’m having a boy or a girl what can’t I do to find out or how will I now I’m so anxious I already have 2 little girls

6. by nampreeta

On December 18, 2012 at 5:02 am

please mail me the charges and details of the kit as soon as possible.

7. by Autumn

On February 9, 2013 at 6:21 pm

Hi my name’s Autumn an I’m two days away from 10 weeks an i can’t wait any longer to find out if I’m having a baby boy or girl. Is there any test i can take to find out earlier what i am having?! Please email me!!!

8. by Cheap Small Freezers

On February 25, 2013 at 4:18 am

Excellent goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely wonderful. I really like what you’ve acquired here, certainly like what you are saying and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it smart. I cant wait to read much more from you. This is actually a tremendous site.

9. by Tiffany

On April 27, 2013 at 11:03 am

I’m pergola with my 3rd child and I really want to know if I’m having a boy or girl. I already have 2 girls. I really want a boy. Please email me info on how I can know at 13 weeks and 6 days.