Music That Makes Kids Really Happy

name-your-tune

When I had my first daughter, Julia, a friend sent me a personalized CD filled with songs that inserted Julia’s name into them. It was SO BAD. (No offense to my friend; we still laugh about it.) The creators made no effort whatsoever to actually blend the name into the rest of the lyrics. Imagine a woman singing “Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear”–and then a man blurting out “JULIA” at a louder volume–and then that same woman wrapping up with “Happy Birthday to you!” All 20+ songs were like that. Listening to that CD was unbearable.

Then, not long after my second daughter Lila was born, I received a CD from Name Your Tune. Same premise. I was very skeptical when I popped it in, but this was a whole new ballgame. The quality was high, the songs were catchy without being annoying, and most importantly, they made my children happy. Julia was fascinated by hearing songs that included her baby sister’s name, and Lila sat quietly whenever we played the CD. It’s been a fixture in our car ever since, and for some reason even my husband and I haven’t tired of the tunes.

Then on Friday, Name Your Tune was nice enough to surprise me with another CD. This time it was personalized for both girls, with the first song incorporating Julia’s name, the second Lila’s, and so on. When my family picked me up at the train that night, I slipped in the CD and watched the girls for their reaction. I wish I had thought to tape it–it was priceless. When the song that for nearly three years featured Lila’s name instead said Julia’s, Julia actually gasped, and Lila silently stared me down. “It just said ‘Julia!’” Julia exclaimed. I explained that I’d just gotten a new CD, and they were entranced for the rest of the ride home.

And all weekend long, any time a song that used to “be” Lila’s used Julia’s name, Julia broke into a huge grin and Lila cracked up. In the grocery store, Lila announced to the man at the deli counter, the produce guy, and the woman who rang us up at the register, “Now it’s ‘Little Julia Had a Farm’!” (which required a bit of explanation from me, but they seemed to share in our excitement).

All of this is to say that if you have a child under age 6, consider this CD. And if you already have it, you might like to know that they’ve recently come out with a second volume with different songs.

Name Your Tune, $20.

1. by trazodone

On September 13, 2011 at 1:29 am

Thanks for tris interesting article! I found it very interesting. You really make it seem so easy with your presentation.

2. by cat body language

On September 21, 2011 at 1:26 pm

Just finished watching Trey Songz on recent Youtubes interviews about who`s he`s seeing to the OMG tour. Mr. Songz is INDEED S.I.N.G.L.E. AT 26! YUUUP, He is NOT dating this chick who I cant see him date anyway, and well I used to be a fan of hers until she start messing with Weezy, which I read that they are still together, Weezy n Lauren. Every single interview of Trey the interviewer asked him about his Relationship, and he said all the time even up to the week of his birthday back in November, I`m Single. I DONT BELIEVE THINGS THAT I READ, I BELIEVE THINGS THAT COMES OUTTA TREYS MOUTH. So, if you would like to check it out for your self, type in Trey Songz Talks Lauren London and Relationship Status, and it is all there, first you will see a pix of Trey with two women, none are Lauren, Glad its not (Yes, Thank God, For Answering My Prayers, They Are NOT a couple, You Sure Do Make A Way) then you will see a pix of Trey in the radio station and just click on the pix and it will take you straight to Youtube and just play it. That was in the beginning of the month, but in the rest of the month through out the weeks of November in the interviews, He`s excited bout the tour and says that he is SINGLE and NOT ready for a fulltime Relationship.

3. by About bettingtexasholdem.info

On November 23, 2011 at 2:57 am

Just wish to say your article is as astonishing. The clearness in your post is simply spectacular and i could assume you’re an expert on this subject. Well with your permission let me to grab your RSS feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please carry on the enjoyable work.

4. by firmy w gliwicach

On December 1, 2011 at 12:08 pm

A sophisticated person you will desire the latest muscle procedure. In case you area appropriate arrangement, mature need to folks as a result of your self-worth organization ladies will probably absolutely feel troubled by means of your sizzling design. Even though plenty of men attractive when getting form of complete physique the majority of generally usually are not willing to can perform some of the people worrisome routines already been forced to increase their own muscle. Type grownup males is definitely vastly pleased to can remember that at this point they could offer muscle groups through the procedure for drinking on a marvelous items known Hugely Strength Constructors.

5. by chinese android tablets

On December 13, 2011 at 11:52 am

High performance and cheap android tablet shipped from the USA!

6. by air jordan 1

On January 10, 2012 at 7:09 am

Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read something like this before. So nice to search out any person with some original thoughts on this subject. realy thank you for starting this up. this website is something that is wanted on the internet, somebody with just a little originality. helpful job for bringing one thing new to the web!