Mariah Carey Shows Off Her Pregnant Belly Art

pregnant belly, mariah carey, butterfly belly, mariah's pregnant belly, belly artMariah Carey gave her pregnant belly an artsy makeover on Sunday in honor of her 42nd birthday,  and she shared her butterfly belly art on Twitter for all to see. She called it an attempt at festiveness and says she is so ready already!

Surprisingly Carey, who is expecting twins in a few weeks with her husband Nick Cannon, still felt like celebrating after her pregnancy scare over the weekend. She went to the hospital  thinking the babies were coming early, but it was a false alarm.

In true Carey style, she chose a  hand-painted butterfly for her belly art, with the phrase “dem babies.” Since the couple is expecting a boy and a girl, the butterfly’s half blue and half pink design is likely a tribute to her babies-to-be.

Want to show off your pregnancy belly?

1. by MANDA

On April 1, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Why did she put band aids on her belly button?

2. by courtney

On April 1, 2011 at 3:51 pm

some people do that if their belly button pops out really far bc they don’t like how it looks. With my first son, I put banaids on my belly button bc the skin was so thin there that my shirts irritated it and made it hurt..,and I got REALLY big.

3. by Misty

On April 1, 2011 at 4:13 pm

Sorry, but just looks GROSS!

4. by Sandy

On April 1, 2011 at 4:46 pm

I love this photo and the fact that she is proud of her cute belly :) I wish that I would have taken more photos of my pregnancy bellies

5. by Jamie

On April 1, 2011 at 5:26 pm

I just love this, my baby is now 6 months old I wish I would have thought of doing this with my last pregnancy! @Misty the fact that you think it is gross looking thats fine but why comment that. You must not be a mommy yet.

6. by Rita

On April 1, 2011 at 5:33 pm

@Misty. Ur definitely not a mom huh? Why not keep the negative comment to yourself… I think that was a cute idea.

7. by Diana

On April 1, 2011 at 9:08 pm

I’ve never heard of the whole band aid thing but Courtney is prob right. And a good idea if your belly button has popped out so much. As i’m sure Mariah’s is due to having twins and her belly being so big. Or maybe covering up a belly ring as well? I had a belly ring and kept it in through both my pregnancies, which doc said was ok as long as it didn’t bother me. Maybe she has one and wants to keep it in but protect it. Either way, i’m not a huge Mariah fan but i LOVE the belly painting, I think it’s sweet! And Best wishes to her and her babies!

8. by Liz

On April 2, 2011 at 2:40 am

Misty is just a low life shes been bitching about it on fb too!

9. by LH

On April 25, 2011 at 12:12 pm

Wow, do you guys really have nothing better to do than be rude to someone? If you think that what she said was so rude, all you’re doing is stooping to her level. (And, apparently, stalking her on fb).

I’m a mommy, and I agree that band-aids over bellybuttons does look gross. Socially, we’re programmed to think that anything under a bandage is gross, so that’s understandable. To me it seems reminiscent of someone so selfish that they’re embarrassed of their bellybutton due to pregnancy.

10. by ericanyc

On May 2, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Duh maybe she used the bandaid as the body of the butterfly

11. by Leesa

On May 5, 2011 at 2:22 pm

I think its really cute!!

12. by prins brian

On July 21, 2011 at 10:30 am

It becomes an excellent post. I have the same type of blog myself and so i could keep returning to read more.

13. by sears carpet cleaning coupons

On November 18, 2011 at 3:24 am

What i don’t understood is if truth be told how you’re no longer actually much more well-appreciated than you might be now. You are very intelligent. You know thus significantly in terms of this matter, produced me individually believe it from a lot of varied angles. Its like men and women aren’t fascinated unless it?s one thing to do with Woman gaga! Your own stuffs outstanding. Always maintain it up!

14. by Hyon Peevy

On November 30, 2011 at 7:37 pm

Thanks for the info, very useful

15. by Ismael Gonzalez

On October 7, 2012 at 6:29 pm

very interesting subject, outstanding post.