A ‘Tiger Mother’ Media News Roundup
Well, it’s been two weeks and the controversy surrounding Amy Chua’s ”Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother” is still beating on.
Just about every major media outlet has covered this so-called “mean mom” and (no surprise here), the “Battle Hymn” memoir is ranked #4 on the Amazon.com Top 100 list and #1 on the memoir and biography lists.
After scouring the Internet, here is a roundup of the best coverage on the Tiger Mother some parents love to hate. You can also watch an interview between Amy Chua and Meredith Vieira on the TODAY Show.
From the Wall Street Journal
- Why Chinese Mothers Are Superior
- In Defense of the Guilt, Ambivalent, Preoccupied Western Mom
- Catch Up on the Amy Chua Phenomenon
From the New York Times
- Op-Ed: Amy Chua Is a Wimp
- Motherlode: An Islamic View of Parenting
- Room for Debate: Is Extreme Parenting Effective?
- Sunday Magazine: Retreat of the Tiger Mother
From the Huffington Post
- Tiger Mom vs. the Talmud
- Balancing Eastern and Western Styles
- Where Are the Positive Parenting Models?
From Parenting Websites
- Babble.com: Beyond Chinese Mothering
- Parenting.com: My Tiger Mom Is Better Than Yours
- ParentDish.com: Is Amy Chua’s Parenting Strategy Good for America?
- ParentDish.com: Amy Chua Talks Extreme Parenting and Regrets
From Other Media Outlets
- TODAY Show Video: Interview with Tiger Mom
- DailyBeast.com: Where Was Tiger Dad?
- NYPost.com: Tiger Mom’s Oldest Daughter Writes a Letter
- Time.com: Tiger Nanny – The Missing Link
- Newsweek.com: The ‘Chinese Mom’ Backlash
- SFGate.com: Mother, Superior?
- LATimes.com: What’s Behind Our Obsessive Amy Chua Disorder?