Friday Night Movies

This Week’s Halloween Goody:

Entertainment Weekly recently posted an online slideshow of their picks for the “20 Scariest Movies of All Time.” And this got me thinking about the movies I watched as a kid.  As I’ve said before, Disney’s cult classic Something Wicked This Way Comes holds a special place in my heart as the creepiest childhood movie of all time. But to be honest, I’m easily frightened. I jumped at The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (yes, the animated Disney one), and I even thought parts of It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown were little intense.

How about you? What was the scariest childhood film for you? What favorite Halloween movie are you going to share with your kids?

This Week’s DVD Goodies:

Barney: Learning Pack

Disney Have a Laugh: Volume One

Disney Have a Laugh: Volume Two

Santa Claus: Movie (25th Anniversary Edition)

Star Wars The Clone Wars: The Complete Season Two

Thomas & Friends: Best Tales on the Tracks

Treasury of 100 Storybook Classics 2 (Scholastic Storybook Treasures)

Cult Classic Pick of the Week:

Back to the Future: 25th Anniversary Trilogy

The Put-Your-Kids-To-Bed-First Pick of the Week:

Sex and the City 2

1. by Charity Schmidt

On October 29, 2010 at 2:24 pm

i can remember a particular Halloween when i was just a tween! haha! My friends and I had the basement to ourselves and we tuned in to watch Edward Scissorhands. I remember my friends thinking it was just a silly movie, but for me it hit so much closer! I was never a popular kid in school and my friends would always abandon me then of course high school be fine the next week. But just Edwards character touched me so deeply at such a young age. The fact that people watched this movie and found it as entertainment! Or thought it silly! Where as I felt, well what his character might have been experiencing! Needless to say it all turns out ok in the end, I still remember it being such a haunted story about a boy with scissors as hands just trying to fit in and watching him suffer and shut him self off! (So worried about that for my daughter! :( )agh!! nooooo thanks!! I’m sure my daughter will see plenty of that growing up without seeing it on a movie! I do however want to share with her “Hocus Pocus” or “Casper” I always enjoyed those as a child. I am a single mother of a wonderfully highly intelligent autistic daughter, with thee most AMAZING imagination! But I think those two would be a bit beyond her yet, but she would most certainly love “Little Monsters.” I most definitely will not miss out on these years and experiences with her! I know with her ‘special’ ways and with my guidance, these are some of the days we will never forget!!!! Thank you Parents!!

2. by Sheila Schwabe

On October 30, 2010 at 12:31 pm

I am here with you!! I love the old cartoons….the ones nowadays are just too violent for little minds….what are they thinking?? Our kids have to grow up but we can try to choose just how fast….
    My 7 year old daughter wants to see Twilight soooo bad…I will not let her and she can’t understand why…all her peers have watched it she says….well not my little one…not yet. So all you guys out there….have a safe Halloween with your little ones.

3. by Mutui

On October 31, 2010 at 5:20 pm

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow had something scary

4. by Arcelia Zale

On April 6, 2011 at 10:16 am

There is obviously a lot to identify about this. I suppose you made certain nice points in features also.

5. by Rudolph Arzola

On April 10, 2011 at 9:30 am

You made some nice points there. I did a search on the subject and found nearly all folks will consent with your blog.

6. by Wasserbett

On April 10, 2011 at 6:29 pm

I would like to be able to thank you for the particular efforts you earn in creating this article.

7. by discount office supplies

On April 14, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Are you serious? I’m so glad to have located this on google. This is worthy to reblog to all people I know.

8. by buy avery labels

On April 15, 2011 at 1:28 pm

I was dying on my lunch break and then I found your blog post. This was so attention grabbing that I was late in coming back to work. Can’t wait to send this with my colleagues!

9. by Zoe Matthews

On May 8, 2011 at 5:15 pm

He gangs early to steal, that cannot say Na.

10. by sklep z aplikacjami na komórkê

On August 25, 2011 at 3:14 am

I wish to convey my affection for your kindness in support of those individuals that must have help on this concept. Your very own commitment to getting the message along became certainly valuable and has usually permitted individuals much like me to realize their ambitions. Your amazing interesting instruction implies so much a person like me and even further to my fellow workers. With thanks; from everyone of us.

11. by Winston Gleeson

On August 26, 2011 at 4:26 pm

Together with almost everything that seems to be building throughout this particular area, all your points of view are actually relatively radical. Nonetheless, I am sorry, because I can not give credence to your whole idea, all be it refreshing none the less. It seems to us that your opinions are generally not totally rationalized and in reality you are generally yourself not even thoroughly confident of your point. In any event I did appreciate reading through it.

12. by steven

On September 14, 2011 at 4:09 pm

It’s onerous to search out knowledgeable people on this subject, however you sound like you understand what you’re speaking about! Thanks

13. by About BettingPlay.net

On November 15, 2011 at 4:13 pm

Right now it appears like WordPress is the preferred blogging platform available right now. (from what I’ve read) Is that what you’re using on your blog?

14. by conrad

On November 17, 2011 at 9:10 am

Hello there this is exactly a really terrific page. Amazing promote. I am going to talk about this kind of helpful hints with all of my local freinds!

15. by webdir74.seofnw.com: about Online Poker Guide

On November 23, 2011 at 5:26 am

Thanks for another fantastic post. Where else could anybody get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing? I’ve a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information.

16. by Krakow Poland

On January 5, 2012 at 11:41 pm

This is a brilliant variety of details you published here, I honestly believe we can expect a great deal more in the future.