Eco-Packaging: The Latest from YoBaby

It’s almost five o’clock, but before we head out for a weekend of apple picking and haunted hayrides, we wanted to make sure we left you with a little food for thought to tide you over until Monday.

Earlier this week, Stonyfield Farm, the organic yogurt manufacturer that whips up YoBaby, YoToddler, and YoKids, became the most recent company to hop on the sustainable-packaging bandwagon when it debuted the first yogurt cup made from plant-based plastic.

“Moms trust us to do the right thing and that’s something we take very seriously,” explained Gary Hirshberg, the company’s president and CE-Yo.” We’ve worked hard to produce a plant-based cup that’s an easy way for moms to ‘pay it forward’ to their kids.”

The cups look and feel just like the old ones (unlike attempts from Sun Chips, whose noisy biodegradable bag has been pulled from shelves), cut carbon emissions by 48 percent, and – the best part – are available in multipacks without any price increase.

We want to know what you think about sustainable packaging: Do products like these inspire the way you shop, or are they just another gimmick? Let us know in the comments!

For more information about this project, check out Made from Plants, a short film about sustainability, here.

1. by Abhilasha

On October 19, 2010 at 6:52 am

WOW!! that I think is wonderful!! I love the environment and try to do my part in saving it by recycling and the like. I have thought about not buying anything with plastic but that is practically impossible and when I see big companies take responsibility like this its just amazing to me coz it seems now a days profit is above all even after all we know that is happening to our planet with the slightest of the moves we make. Well, at least I wont be feeling guilty picking up one thing of the shelf “yo baby”. Thanks, I really appreciate your efforts towards the right thing.

2. by jetsjerseysz

On December 1, 2011 at 5:42 pm

The article is nice.It’s joy to know you, wishing the nicest things always for you,cheap jets jerseys Don’t waste your time on a people,who isn’t willing to waste their time on you.

3. by canada goose

On December 16, 2011 at 1:12 pm

Damn, awesome site. I came across this on Ask Jeeves, and I am stoked that I did. I will definately be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the info and bring a bit more to the post, but am just absorbing as much info as I can at the moment.

4. by art in films

On December 17, 2011 at 5:01 am

I’ve been looking for specifically these details. Although I was wanting to uncover this article I am truly surprised that your particular experience was so easy to locate and how it beautifully compared to my personal experience.

5. by Scrapeboard

On December 18, 2011 at 7:39 pm

I must show my appreciation to the writer for bailing me out of this crisis. Because of looking out through the the web and getting ideas which are not

6. by northface

On December 21, 2011 at 8:25 am

Great paintings! That is the kind of information that are supposed to be shared around the web. Shame on the seek for no longer positioning this post upper! Come on over and discuss with my web site . Thank you =)

7. by Adolph Conmy

On December 25, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Thanks for the info, very useful

8. by mastatah

On December 28, 2011 at 6:54 am

Ok so thumb up :D

9. by הובלות טובות

On December 31, 2011 at 6:18 am

10. by Bamse Prenumeration

On January 13, 2012 at 11:54 am

What?s Happening i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve discovered It positively helpful and it has aided me out loads. I am hoping to contribute & aid other users like its aided me. Great job.

11. by Drew Brees Jersey

On January 20, 2012 at 1:13 am

We ended up executing a research and came across this web page. I confess that this short article is on level! Always keep it up. I will be subsequent your content articles

12. by הובלת מיטה

On January 20, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Stackable boxes really are a must when moving house, irrespective of self-drive van hire or removal company lorry. Sturdy green, recyclable boxes that can be reused time and again are the best option for frequent house moves as well as for long-term storage – regardless of where the home move happens. There is nothing more frustrating than having to reload several times, because the awkward way in which things are packed prevent a completely loaded van making one tour and one tour only.

13. by Bose head

On January 21, 2012 at 1:02 am

That is a important issue, I am very happy to read this submission, and I agree with the ideas of this text. I think this is the best suggestion. I would like to do something after reading it.

14. by quiedgexada

On January 21, 2012 at 7:38 am

KOVAL ! why do you only respond to people who threaten to unsubscribe… what about me….Id like a shout out too ….I watched all your videos….TWICE…..i loved you when you weren’t? famous…. *sigh*

15. by kids

On October 1, 2012 at 10:50 pm

Your web page does not display properly on my android – you may wanna try and repair that