Need Help Disciplining Your Toddler?

We’re looking for families to participate in an upcoming story about toddlers and discipline. We’re pretty psyched about this article because we’re collaborating with pediatrician and Parents advisor Harvey Karp, M.D. You may know Dr. Karp as the author of the mega-popular Happiest Baby on the Block. He’s also written The Happiest Toddler on the Block, and it’s stuffed with very practical, doable tips on dealing with your wild little one. I desperately need those tips, because I have a very headstrong 23-month-old little girl. (That’s her in the photo.) She’s quite different from her older sister, so my usual bag of discipline tricks have been wildly ineffective. A few months back, in preparation for a visit to our offices by Dr. Karp, I captured a few minutes of Lila doing her thing on video. I showed Dr. Karp the footage, and he was able to instantly prescribe all kinds of new tactics for my husband and me to try (which, I’m happy to say, actually work). He also gave me insight into my daughter’s mindset, and even offered some kind words of praise about her personality.

That’s what we’re aiming for with our article. We’ll need a few families across the country to submit a quick video of their child in action, so that Dr. Karp can offer personalized advice on how to get him or her to stop whining/throwing/tantruming/you name it. Your details will be printed in the magazine, but trust us—we’re not out to make any parent or child look bad. The goal is to help the many, many other families who are dealing with the same issues. If you’re interested in finding out more, please email me at kara.corridan@meredith.com with the following information:

Your name

Your hometown

Your child’s name and birthdate

Your biggest discipline issue

If you’re not up for going public, keep an eye out for the story in an upcoming issue. I guarantee Dr. Karp’s advice will help you!

1. by ali

On July 26, 2010 at 9:33 pm

2. by Margit Shear

On July 1, 2011 at 7:12 pm

I do trust all of the concepts you’ve offered in your post. They are really convincing and can definitely work. Still, the posts are too short for beginners. May just you please extend them a bit from next time? Thanks for the post.

3. by surveys

On July 17, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Hello, you used to write fantastic, but the last few posts have been kinda boring… I miss your tremendous writings. Past few posts are just a bit out of track! come on!

4. by Julianna Degraffenreid

On November 17, 2011 at 3:54 am

Put aside the goofy pop star image, Lady Gaga’s merely a home girl at heart. The musician, twenty five, who was seen on Japanese Telly dressed up as a panda, thought. She seemed to be good at making almost all types of pasta and delights in home cooking and cleaning.

5. by timberland laarzen amsterdam

On January 9, 2012 at 11:18 pm

you have a wonderful sites right here! if you’d like to make a few invite posts on my blogs?

6. by Micaela Mustafaa

On February 13, 2013 at 6:40 pm

My 8 week old pb boy in sleeping in my lap. He wants to be held all of the time. He’s my second pb. The older one lives outside. I fed her too much & the wrong food. She’s 200 lbs or so & blind from the fat covering her eyes. This time we’re feeding the pb pig food & at the rate recommended on the package.