Beauty Secrets Revealed!

ss_101273072We’re always curious to know the beauty secrets of busy moms like you. Leave your responses to these questions below or e-mail tracy.perez@meredith.com by June 23, 2010, and your quote could appear in a future issue of Parents!

1. What’s the most unusual beauty use you’ve found for a household item (cosmetic or otherwise)? For example, have you ever used a #2 pencil to fill in your brows?

2. How far will you go when it comes to primping in public? Are we talking a full-on makeup application or do you stop at a lip gloss touch-up?

3. What is your “can’t leave home without” beauty product and why?

Tags: | Categories: Beauty, GoodyBlog, Your Life

1. by Martha

On June 18, 2010 at 10:58 am

1. Stale peeps or sour patch kids make excellent lip exfoliators!! Also have used pink highlighter on lips (not recomended, probably slight poisioning risk)
    2. lipstick (lining lips goes too far)
    3. I get my eyelashes professionally tinted. It lasts 4-6 weeks and makes a world of difference. If in between tips than mascara, with lipstick a close second.

2. by Marisa Finetti

On June 18, 2010 at 11:15 am

I love Jan Marini skin care. It’s a fantastic product. Ask Cher!

3. by Kris Jordan

On June 18, 2010 at 9:09 pm

I can’t live without brown eyeliner. Zap-it product from Melaleuca is wonderful. when I get a pimple (always on my jawline) I put it on and the zit is gone within two days. Love it!

4. by Bigpopslettershop

On June 21, 2010 at 2:59 pm

I cannot live without no 7 serum, it’s the best http://bigpopslettershop.co.uk beautiful hand made wooden lettering

5. by Kim

On June 21, 2010 at 3:21 pm

I don’t know that I would admit it in person, but I shave my upper lip everytime I shower. I also shave my toes (no excuse for hobbit feet). That saves me time and money–no waxing appointment.

My “don’t leave home without it” item is a ponytail holder. Especially now that my hair is downright wavy after kids.

6. by Andrea

On June 21, 2010 at 3:46 pm

Putting on makeup the first time around is time consuming enough therefore I do not want to do it again (especially in public. If a touch up occurs, it’s done before I go out in public. There is no primping for me while I’m out. Makeup is the last thing on my mind. Hello! I’m a mom.

3. What is your “can’t leave home without” beauty product and why?

I can’t leave home without wearing foundation. Even if I have no time to do anything else, foundation does wonders. The skin under the surface is not nearly as flawless as it may seem despite my age (24).

7. by Jessica Diaz

On June 21, 2010 at 4:46 pm

I LOVE Mary Kay’s acne treatment cream. If I get a zit, I just put a dab on it before I go to bed and it’s either gone or not noticeable by morning!

if I need to run out of the house and I haven’t had a chance to put on makeup (like today), then I just wear my trendy glasses with some lip gloss and it looks great (at least I think so)!

Also, if you’ve been able to get your make-up done but don’t want to do your hair, Forever 21 has some great (elastic)fashions headbands that will keep your bangs back, then put the rest of your hair in a ponytail and dress up a somewhat dul look! And I picked up several for only $1.50/ea.

8. by Wendy Perez

On June 21, 2010 at 7:15 pm

1- since my son is still in diapers, i sometimes use his baby wipes to take off my make-up. i also use vasoline on lips because it makes them softer. and when my lips are extra dry i use sugar to exfoliate them.

2- since i’m a full-time mom, i don’t have time for touch-ups not even for some chapstick LOL

3- can’t leave home without wearing mascara. i have to look so what awake and not as tired.

9. by Jane

On June 22, 2010 at 12:25 pm

1. I like to use extra virgin olive oil mixed with coffee grounds to exfoliate. I read that a lot of women in italy use olive oil for cleansing and moisterizing. The coffee grounds are great to scrub away dead skin, and also the caffeine helps w/ dark circles. I will scrub it on my face and let it sit for awhile. My baby girl thinks it is hysterical and laughs at me while I have it on. I also use this mixture on my hands.

2. just lip gloss, I think I’ve become a lot less vane after having the baby.

3. neutrogena bar of soap, concealer. My favorite facial lotion is philosophy hope in a jar. I also like clinique.

10. by Ken Alvardo

On November 30, 2011 at 5:00 am

Thanks for the info, very useful