The Latest At Atlantis

jane with plane

I just got back from a whirlwind trip to Atlantis in Paradise Island for the official opening of their new kids’ club, Atlantis Kids Adventures. Designed for kids ages 3 to 12, the 8,000 square-foot complex combines the latest in interactive technology with old-fashioned imaginative play.

….

……………….

jane smart wall

My 5-year-old daughter, Jane, was in a bit of a grumpy mood the first time she stepped on the cool touch-screen floor—on which lizards, fish, and pieces of popcorn scatter about when you step on them—and she couldn’t be dragged away for 45 minutes. Here’s a picture of her playing with a similar wall screen.

…………

atlantis kitchen

There is a computer room with the latest Macs where kids experiment with art and photo programs, a crafts room with table-top touch-screen drawing software, the “every video game ever made room,” and a theatre where kids can dress up and perform. Here we are in the a state-of-the-art kitchen, where we made a coral seascape out of chocolate (really).

……………….

……………

atlantis doll house

Jane loved playing in this pink room that looks like the inside of a doll house (as well as the LEGO room and the pretend supermarket).

……….

…..

…..

jane with fish

The club will definitely keep kids of all ages entertained when they need a few hours out of the sun—or you want to go out to dinner by yourself. However, I gotta say that the 50,000 sea creatures at Atlantis are really what Jane and I loved the most. Sea turtles, rays, all sorts of sharks, eels, starfish…truly spectacular. I could watch them for hours.

A special shout-out to the mommy bloggers I met on the trip, including Liz Gumbinner from CoolMomPicks, who’s featured in the article “Mom.com” in our February issue.

1. by CanCan (Mom Most Traveled)

On February 5, 2010 at 8:52 pm

My son loved that pink room too! He went to town on the little piano.

2. [...] Parents Magazine Goody Blog [...]

3. by Liz

On February 11, 2010 at 3:42 pm

It was so great to meet you too – and your adorable daughter. If *that* was grumpy consider yourself lucky…she seemed to be having a grand old time.

And indeed, the fish (and the time away from the computer, alone with our children) was easily the most lovely part of it all.

4. by WW: More Dolphin Pictures! | Mom Most Traveled

On February 12, 2010 at 10:35 pm

[...] Boston Mamas Cool Mom Picks The Daily Grind of a Work At Home Mom Lil Sugar CC Chapman Mocha Manual Parents Magazine Goody Blog Yummy Mummy U*Neak Sneaks [...]

5. by Swimming With Dolphins for Kids! | Mom Most Traveled

On February 12, 2010 at 10:48 pm

[...] Boston Mamas Cool Mom Picks The Daily Grind of a Work At Home Mom Lil Sugar CC Chapman Mocha Manual Parents Magazine Goody Blog Yummy Mummy Earthworm Ensemble [...]

6. [...] Boston Mamas Cool Mom Picks The Daily Grind of a Work At Home Mom Lil Sugar CC Chapman Mocha Manual Parents Magazine Goody Blog Yummy Mummy Little Ditties for Itty Bitties [...]

7. [...] Boston Mamas Cool Mom Picks The Daily Grind of a Work At Home Mom Lil Sugar CC Chapman Mocha Manual Parents Magazine Goody Blog Yummy Mummy Making And Doing at Atlantis Resort [...]

8. [...] Boston Mamas Cool Mom Picks The Daily Grind of a Work At Home Mom Lil Sugar CC Chapman Mocha Manual Parents Magazine Goody Blog Yummy Mummy Marine Life Exhibits At The Dig [...]

9. by yiwu

On May 27, 2011 at 11:38 pm

The National Association of Attorneys General is asking cigarette maker RJ Reynolds Tobacco Co. to stop a promotional gifts campaign for Camel cigarettes that the group says appeals to young people.

10. by usb microphones

On July 6, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Some good points, I enjoyed reading this and it has certainly primed me for further research. Tecknet Webcam

11. by alexe

On July 7, 2011 at 7:27 pm

Thank you for taking time to point this matters out. My english is no good but I kept trying to understand.

12. by fixed energy prices

On July 10, 2011 at 5:33 pm

Hey, glad I found your blog. Ive enjoyed reading some of your most recent posts and plan to read the older ones when I’ve got more time.

13. by Flying Jetblue to Atlantis | TravelingMom

On July 22, 2011 at 10:04 pm

14. by Vinnie Bown

On August 26, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Throughout this grand pattern of things you’ll get a B- just for hard work. Where exactly you confused me was in all the facts. As they say, details make or break the argument.. And that could not be much more true at this point. Having said that, allow me say to you exactly what did give good results. The writing is highly convincing and that is probably why I am making an effort in order to comment. I do not make it a regular habit of doing that. 2nd, while I can easily see the leaps in reason you come up with, I am not really certain of how you appear to unite your ideas that make the final result. For the moment I will, no doubt subscribe to your position but hope in the foreseeable future you actually link your dots better.

15. by Elna Beshaw

On September 5, 2011 at 2:16 pm

As well as pondered making an e-book as well as guest publishing on alternative information sites? I’ve a web site using the identical facts people examine in addition to sooo want to perhaps you have discuss a number of stories/information. I’m sure my personal members would valuation your projects. Should you be quite possibly far from others serious, feel free to send out me a contact.

16. by juicy couture online

On September 20, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Great document! I’m all for it. The article is absolutely helpful in my experience. Reading your current article helps make me delighted. At one time, I can learn additional knowledge. Thanks greatly.

17. by Casino Betting at www.alexadirsite.info

On November 15, 2011 at 7:44 pm

With havin so much content and articles do you ever run into any problems of plagorism or copyright infringement? My site has a lot of exclusive content I’ve either written myself or outsourced but it looks like a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my permission. Do you know any methods to help stop content from being stolen? I’d really appreciate it.

18. by Supra Society

On December 16, 2011 at 6:37 am

Very nice post. I just recently started reading your article, but I look forward to learning more from you in the future.

19. by Tory Burch Wedges

On December 16, 2011 at 6:37 am

Such an Awesome blog,I have been searching for this information for long time.And my sister recommend this.Thanks very much for your share.

20. by Burt Grismore

On December 26, 2011 at 12:12 am

Thanks for the info, very useful

21. by animal hats

On July 20, 2012 at 10:18 am

22. by Ty Rabjohn

On October 30, 2012 at 10:26 am

Nice.

23. by lubartów

On February 5, 2013 at 12:08 pm

I’m still learning from you, but I’m making my way to the top as well. I certainly love reading all that is written on your website.Keep the information coming. I enjoyed it!

24. by Ming

On February 27, 2013 at 1:06 pm

Interesting blog. It is very informative but I don’t fully agree with it as I have read other online views on the same. It was good to spend evening going through internet. I’ll visit again to read more on this website.

25. by Flying Jetblue to Atlantis | Traveling Mom