iCook

22148_273008462267_500162267_3194621_2856421_nMy iPod is one of my favorite pieces of kitchen equipment. Apart from a chef’s knife, a cutting board, or open flame, the iPod is a required part of my cooking or cleaning routine. Without it, cooking would be quite difficult and/or blah.

Although my listening habits vary, lately it’s all about jazz. Whether it’s Vince Guaraldi‘s non-Peanut works or Pat Metheny’s latest, if I’m in the kitchen, jazz is playing. My daughter Emily will frequently come into the kitchen when I’m cooking and do a fun Emily Danceā„¢, which generally involves her shaking her rump. Then, she requests Cheeri-Os. She’s full of cute and awesome…and oat-based cereal.

What are your listening habits when you’re whipping up meals for the fam?

Tags: | Categories: Food, GoodyBlog

1. by Melissa

On January 28, 2010 at 11:00 am

I listen to aerosmith. It makes me feel energized and like I can do anything!

2. by shelhart

On January 28, 2010 at 11:07 am

Jazz and Big Band. My favorite is an online radio station called MartiniInTheMorning. they are on live365, and ustream and many others. Guaraldi is there. All the classics and alot of quality covers.

Next to Disney, our son loves this music best.

3. by Melissa

On January 28, 2010 at 11:15 am

My link wasn’t working before. I also listen to The Wiggles when cooking with my son…

4. by StoryJumper

On January 28, 2010 at 11:18 am

Opera. I love to blast arias in my ipod while cooking Italian.

5. by Nicole

On January 28, 2010 at 4:24 pm

I listen to Country…Taylor Swift, Lady Antebellum, Darius Rucker.

6. by Jan

On January 29, 2010 at 5:48 pm

I tune into the Top 100 on iTunes app. It’s great because you hear the most popular tunes downloaded on iTunes and they change all the time, but are always the best, current songs. It’s alot cheaper than buying all the most current songs!!

7. by Miyoko Tokkesdal

On November 15, 2011 at 2:42 am

Katy Perry is about to set a new record previously held by Michael Jackson. If she manages to secure number one spot in the US singles chart she will become the first artist to have five number one singles from one album. Katy Perry is just about to set an important brand new record up until now owned by Michael Jackson.He In the instance that she manages to lock down number one position in the Usa singles chart she would certainly turn into the first musician and performer to obtain 5 number 1 singles with one album.

8. by Kenneth Stoica

On December 25, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Excelent info my friend!!, keep it comming!