Goody Green: Get Your Kids to Eat Healthy

51y1rnmWKsL._SS500_ I recently had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Alan Greene (a pediatrician and spokesperson for the green baby movement) and hearing first hand his expert advice on raising a child who loves nutritious foods like fruits and veggies from his new book, Feeding Baby Green.

Dr. Greene's program isn't simply about buying organically grown produce and staying away from fast food. It's about the bigger picture when it comes to passing on healthy eating habits to your kids and keeping them safe. I personally loved learning about what Dr. Greene calls "nutritional intelligence" and the simple steps that parents can take to teach babies and kids to not just eat well, but love those healthy foods from the start.

Get a taste of Dr. Greene's helpful tips by checking out the Make Your Baby a Veggie Lover story, on page 38, in Parents November issue (on stands now!).

Tags: | Categories: Food, Green, Health & Safety

1. by Kate

On October 13, 2009 at 9:18 pm

Thanks for sharing this book. I prided myself in making my own baby food (including rice cereal) but now realize that I didn’t always make ‘green’ choices in the food I bought. I will definitely read this book before the next baby.

2. by Johanna

On October 14, 2009 at 8:45 am

I will definately be checking this book out… my daughter needs to start eating more veggies!

3. by Taryn

On October 14, 2009 at 9:07 am

You must – it’s really so interesting! And the article Parents Magazine ran in Nov is truly a great way to get insight into Dr. Greene’s program!

4. by Kristin Button

On October 20, 2009 at 3:39 pm

Book looks very interesting – I am going to have to check it out.
    I make my own baby food for my son and often get asked how I find the time. I answer, simple – I make time to feed my child healthy foods without all the preservatives.
    At 9 months I have a little fruit snob – he turns up his nose at canned fruits but will gobble down anything fresh I put in front of him.
    I’m always looking for ways to keep the healthy habits gowing as he grows – I’ll have to check out this book. :)

5. by Burberry Sale

On September 7, 2011 at 9:04 pm

im unfortunate i want it in front of snow

6. by Shops Book

On January 8, 2012 at 5:57 am

Great info, this helped me under stand the topic better.

7. by jordan 20

On January 15, 2012 at 6:08 pm

How do you do i enjoy reading your blog i also dig the lay out and the colours keep up the good work my friend.

8. by jordan 2011

On January 16, 2012 at 3:58 am

Thanks for the article! Just browsing around online I get into some cool stuff. Anyways, back to school work¡­