Awesome Halloween Costumes!

Ss_101447595  Ss_101447602Ss_101447592

It's already half-way through October, which means there are only 2 weeks left before Halloween! Have you crafted or bought your kids' costumes yet?

If you need suggestions, Parents.com is the place to go! Check out our 2009 costume ideas that will help you save time, money, and the planet. And of course we have an archive of years' past to sort through!

What have your kids decided to be this year for Halloween? Leave a comment to share your great crafting ideas!

1. by Andrea Staten

On October 15, 2009 at 10:04 am

My 2 kids, Trey(5) and Eris (3), wanted to be Jack and Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas this year. Since they do not make costumes for children, I decided to make them myself.
    For Jack, I found a woman’s pin stripe blazer for $1 at a thrift store. I cut the front half off and cut a line in the middle of the back to make the coat tails. I made a bat-tie out of felt and made skeleton hands by drawing black lines across the fingers of white gloves. We ordered an adult sized Jack Skellington mask online. To complete the outfit, wear with black pants and shoes. The candy bag was a pillowcase that I crafted to look like Jack’s ghost dog, Zero. The entire outift cost less than $25.
    For Sally the Ragdoll, I took 3 size 6T t-shirts and cut them to pieces, then sewed them together to make a pathwork dress. I sewed white sleeves to the dress (to make it warmer) and, with a black marker, made Sally’s ‘stitches’ all over the ‘arms’. Black tights and a red wig complete the outfit. Be sure to draw ‘stitches’ and her face and wear red liptick. The Sally costume cost less than $10. :)
    For pics, check out my blog:

2. by Mandy Thomas

On October 15, 2009 at 4:52 pm

My son is a money tree. We did it last year and he’s so excited, we’re doing it again! He wears all brown (including a hat) and I hot glued fall colored fake leaves, twigs and pretend money all over the shirt and hat (the pants are the trunk). He then walks around with a pocket full of fake money and gives it out in exchange for his candy. It was all his idea. He’s 4 1/2…

3. by Bridgette

On October 25, 2009 at 8:16 pm

My boys (age 2 & age 4) are going to be Mario & Luigi. Both will be wearing denim overalls with a green/red shirt. We are taking baseball hats and spray painting them. We bought little junior plungers at Lowes (super cute). I cut out pieces of felt to glue on the hats. White circle and black ‘L’ ‘M’. We are trying to decide if they’ll wear fake mustaches or we’ll draw a mustache with makeup.

4. by Salsa music

On September 4, 2011 at 2:35 pm

I like this information and it has given me some sort of desire to have success for some reason, so thanks. Furthermore Im definitely considering blogging these facts in my own blog!

5. by casino

On September 12, 2011 at 12:29 am

thanks a lot for the great post!

6. by Play Casino Online by www.pruf.info

On November 15, 2011 at 11:57 am

Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The text in your post seem to be running off the screen in Chrome. I’m not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with browser compatibility but I figured I’d post to let you know. The layout look great though! Hope you get the problem fixed soon. Kudos

7. by poker

On November 28, 2011 at 6:19 pm

The leading source for trustworthy and timely health and medical news and info.

8. by projektowanie serwisów www

On December 5, 2011 at 6:26 pm

Some really interesting information, well written and loosely user pleasant.