Friday Night Movies

This Week's Trailer Goody:

The trailer for the Twilight sequel, New Moon, exploded on the Internet this past weekend, much to the *squeeing* delight of moms tween girls everywhere. In case you're one of the two people who didn't see it yet, you're welcome:

It's no secret I wasn't a fan of the first film, but I have to admit that this one looks pretty decent. What do you think?

WpThis Week's DVD Goodies:

British Import of the Week:

Mistresses: Vol. 1

The Put-Your-Kids-to-Bed-First Pick of the Week:

Gran Torino

1. by Stell

On June 12, 2009 at 2:49 pm

I thought Twilight was laugh-out-loud terrible. I couldn’t tell if they were supposed to be vampires (or vampire girlfriends, in Bella’s case) or robots.

2. by Jane

On June 13, 2009 at 10:04 am

I’m excited about the second film. The first film was just awful but after watching Twilight with the director’s commentary most of the stuff I hated the most were things that Hardwicke added herself. She admitted to making up dialog on the spot and those were the lines that killed the movie for me.

3. by Kourtney

On June 15, 2009 at 3:50 pm

Stell, I was actually laughing so hard during the first one that the two 13-year-olds behind me in the theater got upset. Hopefully the second one will be better. I haven’t watched the DVD, but Jane makes it sound like having a new director for this one will be a good thing.

4. by Wendy

On June 16, 2009 at 3:54 pm

I know the first one was awful but I still watched it twice on DVD. It’s like eating Doritos. I don’t really like them but they give me some grim satisfaction. I REALLY hope the second one is better and based on the plot of the second book alone I think it will be.

5. by Joy Gallagher

On June 16, 2009 at 6:34 pm

I thought I was the only one who thought the movie wasnt so good. I mean, whats with all the pouting and sighs between every seccond word? Your right the one on one dialog sucked. I am sorry to see the lipstick and morgue makeup is back on the guy vamp. Im hoping the books are better.

6. by Huey Nooe

On November 15, 2011 at 10:43 am

Beyonce is set to achieve number 1 during this weekend’s album charts, knocking Lady Gaga off the top place. The U . s . vocalist, who just headlined during Glastonbury, is promoting her album, 4, three times as quickly as chart rivals based on (blank) the Official Chart Update.