Goody Green: Conserve H2O

3111448358_b8e30ddd60 My eco resolution for April is to reduce the amount of water I use every day. Did you know that we consume 800% more water than we did 100 years ago? With less than one percent of the water on our planet capable of being used and millions of people in the world without access to this limited supply, it's important that we all do our best to only use what we truly need.

I began treating my water problem by thinking about what room I use the most water in. And it's no surprise that the bathroom is basically the black hole of water waste in my home. But thanks to a few simple tips and some cool new products I came across, it was easy to give my water closet (no pun intended) an eco-friendly makeover in no time. My favorite DIY trick? Fill a 2 liter bottle with water and place it in the toilet tank so that when you flush the bottle displaces the water and (unbeknownst to the eye) you actually need less water to fill the tank and toilet up each time. But modern gadgets like low-flow shower heads (I love my new EcoFlow model from Waterpik!) and aerators can also save a ton of H2O without sacrificing water pressure. Plus, they're super easy to install and completely affordable (especially once you've factored in the savings in your water bill). Now, rest assured that I'll be able rinse all of the conditioner from my hair without going over my shower time limit, I'm one step closer to bathroom bliss….

To teach your kids about the importance of water conservation, visit the EPA WaterSense Kids website. And for 49 more ways you and your family can save water inside and outside of your home, click here.

Photo via.

Tags: | Categories: Green

1. by Amado Ranson

On August 25, 2011 at 7:32 am

F*ckin’ tremendous issues here. I am very glad to peer your post. Thanks so much and i’m looking forward to contact you. Will you please drop me a mail?

2. by Maurice Fuesting

On August 26, 2011 at 4:13 pm

A large percentage of of whatever you point out is astonishingly accurate and it makes me wonder the reason why I hadn’t looked at this in this light previously. This particular article really did turn the light on for me personally as far as this topic goes. However there is just one position I am not necessarily too comfy with so while I make an effort to reconcile that with the main idea of the position, permit me see just what the rest of your readers have to point out.Very well done.

3. by Lavern Fauset

On September 3, 2011 at 4:19 pm

I simply needed to thank you so much once again. I am not sure things that I would have worked upon in the absence of your tips noted through you more than my personal market. Earlier it absolutely was an extremely fearsome problem for me personally, nonetheless considering a specific avenue an individual maintained this helped me to jump with regard to happiness. I will be just thankful for your assistance as well as sincerely hope you truly know how much of an amazing job you are carrying out educating customers via your web page. Most likely you haven’t encountered many of us.

4. by Bladder Prolapse

On September 8, 2011 at 12:58 am

Found what I was looking for… Cool stuff. Youre gonna keep blowin up keep it up!

5. by Knightsbridge boot

On November 8, 2011 at 6:52 pm

Concomitant purple for sprycel and fracturas that start off cyp3a4 could possibly hiperpotasemia contact with and will accomplish eliminated.

6. by Joel Bernat

On November 17, 2011 at 6:56 pm

Whoa! This blog looks just like my old one! It’s on a totally different subject but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Excellent choice of colors!