Must-Have Playlist

FITMUM
No doubt about it: The key to my exercise success lately has been having an amazing playlist on my ipod. Of course, this workout strategy isn’t news to many of you, but it's taken me a while to get my music act together. On every holiday for the last two years (Mother’s Day, my birthday, Christmas), my husband and teenage daughter, Abby, have asked me what I wanted for a gift, and I’d always say, “Make me an exercise playlist.” Each time, Abby would respond, “I don’t know what kind of music you like—James Taylor?” They’d already gotten me a little ipod, but I’d never really had time to focus on it. Somehow, juggling the demands of work and motherhood had slowly led me to abandon my own personal music life.
     So when I committed myself to get back in shape recently, I decided I had to take matters in my own hands. I spent three hours online one night looking at other playlists and listening to clips at itunes. The result was a 48-song list that gives me energy to exercise when I feel like I have none. Some are new songs, some remind me of high school or college. Part of the fun is the surprise of not knowing what’s coming up next. And believe me, there are songs on there that I would never play out loud in my own home—but hearing them through headphones feels like my own private party. Here are some of my favorites (don’t tell my daughter, and hope I spelled everyone's name right):

Single Ladies – Beyonce
    Pump It   &   Don’t Phunk With My Heart – Black Eyed Peas
    Stacy’s Mom – Fountains of Wayne
    SexyBack – Justin Timberlake
    I Kissed A Girl – Katy Perry
    Suddenly I See – KT Turnstall
    Hey Ya! – OutKast
    Don’t Stop The Music   &   SOS – Rihanna
    Push It – Salt-N-Peppa
    Get Ur Freak On – Missy Elliott

What songs get you motivated?

Tags: , | Categories: Entertainment, Time for Fun

1. by Wendy Toth

On February 6, 2009 at 2:38 pm

I love this!
    I listen to All I Want For Christmas is You, by Mariah Carey, whenever I run. And my absolute favorite workout song in the entire world is Brother Lee by Citizen Cope. The last time I ran outside and it came on my shuffle, I’m pretty sure I did the Brad Pitt-in -Burn-After-Reading fist pump.

2. by Kourtney

On February 6, 2009 at 4:42 pm

Haha, I think you meant “I Kissed a Girl” unless there’s an alternative version I don’t know about. ;)

3. by nicole

On February 6, 2009 at 7:49 pm

i’M A SURVIVOR AND BOOTYLICIOUS-DESTINY’S CHILD
    TIL I COLLAPSE-eMINEM 9I THINK IT HAS SWEARS)
    LOTS OF SONGS BY pINK

4. by ashley

On February 6, 2009 at 8:27 pm

Funny…I have SexyBack and Hey Ya! on mine too. Along with So What-Pink, Girlfriend-Avril Lavigne, Yeah!-Usher, and Kerosene-Miranda Lambert.

5. by amy

On February 11, 2009 at 1:03 pm

Stronger by Kanye West and Glamorous by Fergie.

6. by Real Band For Kids

On February 13, 2009 at 4:03 pm

Dear Friends,
    Give your children the affordable ($15) gift of music! Please come and check out our blog that contains information on “Real Band For Kids.” In Real Band For Kids your children can build their own band and learn to play real instruments. It’s fun, practical and lasts a lifetime!

7. by Brock Pattinson

On September 1, 2011 at 10:33 pm

Hi my friend! I wish to say that this article is awesome, nice written and include approximately all vital infos. I’d like to see more posts like this .

8. by Lonny Oberg

On November 9, 2011 at 11:57 am

Unquestionably believe that which you said. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the web the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed while people consider worries that they plainly don’t know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people can take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

9. by Betting Play

On November 15, 2011 at 12:10 pm

I do agree with all of the ideas you’ve presented in your post. They’re really convincing and will definitely work. Still, the posts are too short for newbies. Could you please extend them a little from next time? Thanks for the post.

10. by Jermaine Kenimer

On December 26, 2011 at 2:37 pm

I gotta favorite this site it seems extremely helpful extremely helpful