Goody Green: Better Baby Bums

Good_vibe_girl_lo
Did you know that a single disposable diaper can take up to 500 years to biodegrade in a landfill? Yikes! While the idea of using old-fashioned cloth diapers can be equally frightening, there's a more practical option out there for those of you who want to embrace the eco diaper trend sans fuss.

Check out gDiapers. The adorable outer "little g" pant is made from washable, breathable cotton and the absorbent, plastic-free inner liner is is flushable, compostable, or chuckable (when all else fails!). gDiapers break down between 50 and 150 days in garden composters (but only the wet ones, please) and take about 90 days in landfills – much less time then traditional disposables! With prices as low as $0.32 per refill/diaper, you can help the environment without breaking your budget. Try it out for yourself – buy a starter kit here.

Tags: | Categories: Green, Shopping & Gear

1. by zsera

On February 3, 2009 at 8:04 pm

I used these with my daughter and loved them! They are so cute and easy to use.

2. by Annika Rahe

On February 5, 2009 at 12:57 am

I LOVE gDiapers. I used them with my daughter and would never have gone back to regular disposables. I wish I could have more kids just to use them more, but instead I’ll spread the word. Please stop putting plastic diapers in the landfill. These are so much better in everyway! Wish they’d been out when my son was little. We did cloth with him and gDiapers were a lot easier.

3. by Cindy

On February 11, 2009 at 10:00 am

I’ve been using gDiapers for almost two months now with a 2 year old and a 6 month old, and they’re great! At home I use prefolds in them (infant-size), and I’ll sometimes use the gDiaper inserts if we’re out for a long time.
    I just wish that more colours were available in Canada, since I could only find Starter Kits. However, I think more are coming soon :)

4. by bm

On February 27, 2009 at 9:54 am

Gdiapers are wonderful. We have used this product since my daughter came home from the hospital and I cannot imagine using anything else! They are so easy to use, even at daycare.

5. by afs

On March 2, 2009 at 11:49 am

I love gDiapers! They are easy to use, better for the earth… and adorable! Even my husband likes to match our son’s gdiaper with his outfit–even pj’s! My nanny even loves them!

6. by becky

On March 4, 2009 at 4:39 pm

we love our g’s! When dd had a rediculous rash we decided to try these and haven’t looked back! I like knowing that I am helping even if it only in small steps!

7. by rbenson

On March 8, 2010 at 2:17 pm

I had a few problems with gdiapers. I didn’t like having to use s stick to swish them around in to toilet. Even doing this I had a few clogs because of the liners. The plumber I had said he gets a lot of calls for diaper liners and flushable wipes. We then switched to washable cloth diapers. We get our diapers from http://www.monkeybunz.com and have been very happy with them.