Great Nite Lite

Product
Back in our November issue we mentioned a sweet little product called the Good Nite Lite. Since then, we have gotten a lot of letters from readers, as recently as today, wondering where to get that great gadget they vaguely remember from a recent issue that was accidentally thrown away when their spouse or child finally cleaned the closet. Well wonderful readers, I thought it was worth another mention  for anyone who missed it, tossed it, or lost it. This little light teaches kids to stay in bed until it's time to wake up. It was invented by a dad whose 4-year-old kept waking at 5 AM without fail. Kids so little can't tell time and need a visual cue instead. Once you set it, the moon face shines when it's time for bed and the sun face shines when it's okay to get out of bed. The idea is to set the wake-up time back in 15 minute intervals until you've got your little one waking at the time you want. Read more at goodnitelite.com.

1. by Ashley

On January 26, 2009 at 6:18 pm

I recently got it for my son who was waking up too early too. It is WONDERFUL and really works!!! We love it and highly recommend it!!!

2. by nicole

On January 27, 2009 at 9:16 am

I was one of the readers! I could have sworn it was on the goody blog but could not find it! and a ‘google’ search brought every result but THIS!! THANK YOU!!

3. by Kathy O

On January 27, 2009 at 12:38 pm

Yay!! I told my husband about this last week. Thanks for the info!!

4. by Joy

On January 27, 2009 at 1:58 pm

Thank you! I have been wondering about this gadget since my 2 yr old switched to his toddler bed. He was getting out of bed and going into the front room expecting everyone to be up at 2 am!

5. by Michelle Q

On January 27, 2009 at 8:22 pm

We use the Teach Me Time Clock for our older daughter, as it does so much more too (in addition to the light-color-change function for ‘ok to wake’). But, this is a GREAT option for littler ones too!

6. by Christian Weber

On February 2, 2009 at 4:46 pm

I love love love this thing! My little one calls it Mr. Moon/Mr. Sun…when Moon is up, Sun is sleeping…she says goodnight to Mr. Moon and goodmorning to Mr. Sun every day :)