Family Sketch Book

DSC_0066  DSC_0055

I love this idea of a family sketch book from Cakies: just leave a big, blank pad in a common area of the house—the coffee table or kitchen—and when the mood strikes, anyone can scribble away. Make sure to date page one, and when it's full, break out a new one. Such a fun way to preserve your kids doodles (and yours) in a tidy way!

Link via The Crafty Crow.

Tags: , , , , , | Categories: Crafts, Time for Fun

1. by Michael Cohen

On January 7, 2009 at 3:27 pm

Nothing quiets a bored child like a pad and pencils. I can’t tell you how many episodes of American Idol I have made it through while my little ones color outside the lines!

2. by Wendy

On January 7, 2009 at 6:45 pm

My daughter is 13 years old now. We started this sketch book idea when she was four or five. I would give her a fresh book on the last day of school and it kept all of her summer memories safe. We like to look back now at messages that older cousins left for her while we shared our week-long beach vacation with extended family. The drawings and records of what was happening in our life are precious. Even the games of hangman and tic tac toe are special!!

3. by Jami Lyn

On January 7, 2009 at 7:36 pm

Great Idea! There is certainly no shortage of crayons , markers or glitter pens in our house. This is an excellent way to save all of our kids “projects” for later viewing.
    Thanks!

4. by Cassi Griffin

On January 8, 2009 at 1:00 am

Thank you for the link to The Crafty Crow! I’m glad you liked this idea as much as I did :)

5. by zobars

On January 8, 2009 at 3:45 am

I have one of those for my daughter and she absolutely loves it. She has filled three and now she is onto number 4. She loves to draw with pencil and markers and I like that I can keep them for her memory keepsake box which I plan to give her when she grows up.

6. by Darlene

On January 8, 2009 at 2:48 pm

finally, a craft project I can handle!

7. by Stephanie

On January 9, 2009 at 10:58 pm

Such a fun idea! I love it. I may try this when our kids get a little older…

8. by universal fat burners

On November 9, 2011 at 4:55 am

VRy intriguing to see the idea