You Tell Us: What Made You Weepy When You Were Pregnant?

2116129826_aab413a9d7I’m more than a little obsessed with (the currently pregnant) Amy Poehler, and why not? The woman is hee-larious, not to mention adorable—last year’s Gap ad with hubby Will Arnett is almost more cuteness than I can handle. I have a hard time imagining her being weepy, but like the rest of us, she’s not immune to pregnancy-induced sobfests, as she told USA Today:

"Oh, my God, I’m crying at everything lately. I’m watching Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, and I was crying so hard. There’s no shame in that. I’m crying at everything. The wind will blow a branch and I’m like, aw, nature."

What set off the waterworks when you were expecting?

Tags: | Categories: Pregnancy, Your Life

1. by Tyra

On September 22, 2008 at 3:58 pm

The worst/strangest was a commercial about keeping Texas clean. It has famous Texans all saying, “I wouldn’t do it” (in reference to littering). For some reason I started crying.

2. by Amy

On September 22, 2008 at 5:46 pm

Those Johnson & Johnson ads that talk about how having a baby changes everything always make me weepy!

3. by jessica @pianomomsicle

On September 22, 2008 at 6:28 pm

i’m pregnant right now, and cry at least 2x/day while watching “A Baby Story” on TLC. When they show the baby being born and the mom holding the baby for the first time, i lose it every time!

4. by Jennifer C

On September 22, 2008 at 6:34 pm

I balled one day in church when the little kids came in and sang a song. It was a group of 3-5 year olds. They barely knew the words and many of them didn’t sing… or were too busy waving to their parents. But it was so adorable and sweet that I LOST IT!

5. by Beth B

On September 22, 2008 at 7:46 pm

Yes – totally those J&J ads about “having a baby changes everything”…. totally got me every time. There were a number of different ones…. eeeek! Hormones; what are ya gonna do??!!
    Beth B. (mom to a busy 5-yr old)

6. by Besu

On September 22, 2008 at 8:04 pm

My husband was deployed for about seven months of my pregnancy, so I was alone and far from family. Seeing any close couple on TV or in person was enough to make me battle sobbing, in part because I was jealous and wanted my man home. Going to a full-day birthing course by myself and seeing the couples there was about the worst. A few times I cried when I had really bad cravings and absolutely no way to get to the restaurant.

7. by Andrea Reynolds

On September 22, 2008 at 9:54 pm

Yep, good ol’ Johnson and Johnson win hands down! Especially the one that says “you always went for the tall, dark and handsome type, so who would have guessed the love of your life would be short and bald”. Lost it EVERY time that aired!

8. by MomsReality

On September 22, 2008 at 10:40 pm

Its been a long time ago for me, but I can still remember walking through the local drug store and crying over school valentines. Sigh…

9. by Bonnie

On September 23, 2008 at 10:06 am

For me it was the commercials on t.v. for the humane society. The music came up and the dogs and cats are just looking so sad and abandoned, I just lose it.

10. by Grace FULL

On September 23, 2008 at 11:10 am

I was pretty teary during my pregnancy – I was living overseas at the time – so the thought of my family back home brought on the waterworks. AND I couldn’t watch scary movies anymore – even to this day. :o (

11. by AnnieB

On September 23, 2008 at 2:27 pm

I was babysitting twin 2yr old boys one day when I was about 8.5 months pregnant. We were watching Lilo and Stich and I absolutely LOST IT during the scene when Lilo and her sister were in the hammock singing the fond farewell song. The boys looked at me like I was nuts!

12. by Maria

On September 23, 2008 at 2:41 pm

E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G! And it never ended. My first child is a year and a half and I still cry at the craziest things. I have no idea how I’ve managed through the first nine weeks of my second pregnancy!

13. by Victoria

On September 23, 2008 at 3:36 pm

I am crying reading these comments and thinking about my comment. When I first found out I was pregnant I bought a book about babies and the cashier said “Aww are you having a baby” and I started crying because I was so happy and I could actually say yes.

14. by Leslie

On September 24, 2008 at 10:19 am

I didn’t cry while I was pregnant, but man do I cry now!! I think the time I cried the hardest was when I was packing my (now 14 month) son’s newborn clothes away. They were so tiny and little and I coudlnt’ believe that he was once that small! I still cry whenever I have to put away clothes that no longer fit him. It’s like confirmation that he’s not going to be my little guy forever!

15. by Denise

On September 24, 2008 at 7:47 pm

The movie The Notebook made me bawl my eyes out for over an hour. My husband thought something was really wrong until he realized it was the movie. He told me turn it off, but my response in between sobs was, “I can’t. It is so good but so sad.” I still can’t watch this movie two years later without sobbing like I did while I was pregnant.

16. by Jennifer

On September 26, 2008 at 1:06 am

I would tear up when I would look at my then 1 year old, knowing she would have to share Me soon!

17. by Amy

On September 27, 2008 at 7:48 pm

Well, when I was expecting my first in 1998 I would drive to work and listen to the sports report. That was back when Cubs player Sammy Sosa and Cardinals player, Mark maguire, where in a homerun race. I don’t know why but it made me very emotional. Weird, huh?

18. by Joni

On October 2, 2008 at 8:36 pm

I got teary on the commercial where the mom and little girl are grocery shopping and the little girl is in the cart and every time her mom puts something in the cart the little girl says she doesn’t like that item. And then the mom puts in the pediacare (for the kids that need more vitamans,ect) and she looks at her mom and smiles and the mom says “ok”.
    For some reason I got chocked up during my pregnancy on htat commercial