Would You Wear This Wrist Wallet?

Animated_banjee
They say necessity is the mother of invention, and these new wrist wallets that landed on my desk are being promoted as an extra set of hands for busy moms (or dads). They’re called Banjees. A comfier alternative to a bulky, heavy bag? Sure. Cooler than a fannypack? Questionable. What do you think?

Tags: , | Categories: Shopping & Gear

1. by Julia

On September 17, 2008 at 3:33 pm

I could potentially see myself wearing one of these while running (Somewhere to keep the car keys and perhaps some cash other than my bra!), but I don’t see wearing it in real life.

2. by Margie G.

On September 17, 2008 at 4:28 pm

Yes absolutely I would wear it! Most likely in a black or hip print. Unashamedly I have been known to (on certain very crowded and all day occasions when I refuse to take a purse!) wear a fanny pack (amusement parks, festivals, water parks), because I can be a scatterbrain when it comes to tickets, cash and id’s. This would be a HUGE improvement and maybe even the kids could wear one with their own tickets in it…lost tickets, the worst!

3. by Jen

On September 17, 2008 at 4:32 pm

Absolutely not. Blech!

4. by Rachel

On September 17, 2008 at 4:37 pm

A sample of the Banjee showed up at my desk too, and Julia- that’s exactly what I use it as! It’s perfect to stuff my metro ticket, cash and keys in when I run. I don’t even notice it, and this way I don’t have a sweaty soggy metro card at the end of my run, ick. But yeah, it comes straight off at the end of my run- definitely not replacing my purse! I can’t fit THAT much in there!

5. by Beth M.

On September 17, 2008 at 5:04 pm

I’m thinkin’ if they were going to replace my purse I’d need so many it’d look like I was wearing long sleeves. Where would the tampons go?

6. by elizabeth

On September 17, 2008 at 6:52 pm

My mom got these for my sisters and I for Christmas… they really are great for when you just need some cash or your credit cards. It wouldn’t replace a purse, but it’s nice for on-the-go days when you’re doing a lot of activity.

7. by aimy Young

On September 17, 2008 at 8:04 pm

Does it double as a sweat band? HA! No, I wouldn’t wear it! I guess if I ran (ahem) I may use it to stash the key and phone (for calling 911 when I collapse).

8. by CallMeKelly

On September 17, 2008 at 11:51 pm

I like it! I’d never wear a solid color one but the brown / blue paisley patterns look attractive, so does the pink flower.
    My pessimistic side wonders though… I like the idea of having things close to hand and not having to dig for essentials but as a parent I wonder how much pain I’d be in if I had my keys or something hard in one and had to pick up a child… would I get painful key indents? Or more importantly, would my son?

9. by Rena

On September 18, 2008 at 8:23 am

I would only, and I mean only, wear it if I was doing an outdoor sport and nothing I had on had a pocket. I remember something like this when I was a kid. It looked like a little fanny pack that went around your wrist. Thank goodness that fad died in the mid-80s.

10. by Kristi

On September 18, 2008 at 9:55 am

No way! Isn’t that what pockets are for? Am I the only person who utilizes pockets? My friend who runs doesn’t even carry more than a key so wouldn’t need it either.

11. by Grace FULL

On September 18, 2008 at 10:34 am

No…I don’t think so. If it’s just a little bit of something – pockets. I’m not a big fan of fanny packs either.

12. by tami j.

On September 18, 2008 at 1:34 pm

I’m pretty sure I had a neon orange one like this when I was 12!
    No way is it more convienient than hanging a bag across my chest. I guess it could come in handy while biking or running outdoors, to carry some ID incase I got hit by a car… but for everyday life, I’d still have to carry something to hold my cell, water bottle, snacks, bills, etc…
    Seems like a frivolous waste of money, resources, and even my time for posting a comment! ha.

13. by Christine

On September 18, 2008 at 2:16 pm

I think it’s about on par with the fanny pack.

14. by kimberly w

On September 18, 2008 at 2:25 pm

i would wear this running to hold the house key or some money, but no way would i wear this for anything but that. as a mom i have so much to lug around when i have the kids i need a big bag and without the kids i am more that happy to carry my cute little bags for a change. this is great for working out or for my single friends to wear to the club with their money and i.d. but not a mom necessity.

15. by Kelli

On September 18, 2008 at 2:42 pm

I would so use this. For Example: I have a toddler who loves chuckie cheese and I have a fear of leaving my purse at the table, so this would be perfect to keep my money in, instead of breaking a sweat lugging around my purse and chasing my toddler! I can think of many uses, we are an active family and I think its a great alternative to the fanny pack which I despise! I would just keep it in my car until I found a need for it. I just bought one!
    Someone mentioned they use their pockets, well I did that until I had my id and credit cards in my back pockets and they feel out when I was in the bathroom, thank god the lady after me stopped me or I would have never noticed.
    I rarely ever carry a huge bag for my kids, I keep a basket in my car already pack with wipes, diapers, snacks, spare clothes, and so on. I just grab what I need.

16. by Laura

On September 18, 2008 at 6:07 pm

I suppose I could find a use if I had to…but I must admit…I’m not running for my credit card to buy one!
    In all actuality their flip wallets look waaaay worse! They seem to resemble a wrist brace!!
    LOL. Wow. Just wow!

17. by Christine

On September 18, 2008 at 9:10 pm

Yes! With reservations. I think it’s a little nerdy looking, but I would wear it when I go on walks in my neighborhood when I’m pocketless. I tend to negate my calories burned by stopping on the way home at a convenience store…

18. by allison

On September 19, 2008 at 3:11 pm

Ugly, very ugly.

19. by Jane

On November 13, 2008 at 12:06 pm

i’d wear one during big crowds for fear of someone snatching my purse. i got to alot of concerts and this way, no one could steal my cash. i wouldn’t wear it everyday, just in large crowds when i don’t want to be pick pocketed.

20. by Lauren

On April 6, 2009 at 7:33 pm

These are great! I go to alot of shows, festivals, clubs etc. Though I love my stylish purses and wristlets, These spare you the scenarios of constantly wondering what to do with your purse, pick pockets, and of course you have your hands free for dancing, running, or whatever your active preference may be.