iPhone’s New Frontier: Breastfeeding

Ifeeding_3
Attention breastfeeding, record-keeping, iPhone enthusiasts. There is now an iPhone/ iPod touch App made especially for you. With a few taps, Baby Tracker: Nursing remembers when your baby was last nursed, which side she nursed from and for how long. Some early reviewers on iTunes point out that this could be an advanced form of parenting overkill. But if you’re already planning to keep a detailed log and you love using your iPhone, it seems like a handy way to combine the two. I call it iFeeding.

Tags: , | Categories: Solutions

1. by Becky

On August 18, 2008 at 2:09 pm

Wow – that’s so neat!

2. by La Donna

On August 18, 2008 at 5:07 pm

I LOVE this – I don’t use an iphone, but this could put me over the edge. I have detailed journals of every time my preemie sucked, pooped, and medicated – WAYYYY over kill, but it brought me such a sense of control in a time that everything was OUT OF CONROL. Also, good ammunition for when he begins dating!! :)

3. by karina

On August 19, 2008 at 9:15 pm

cool

4. by kristen

On August 19, 2008 at 10:51 pm

As overkill as this may seem to some, as the above comment noted, it sounds great for those that really need to keep track of that information. Anything that might keep a Mom nursing is a good thing!

5. by Julie F

On August 20, 2008 at 6:09 pm

Okay, I’ll admit I was able to get through breastfeeding two kids without having this, but it does look like a fun/handy way to keep track of baby’s nursing info. I may just have to give it a try with my baby due this Sept.

6. by Ben MacNeill

On August 29, 2008 at 12:12 am

Thanks for mentioning this breastfeeding tracker and raising awareness. I wanted to add that there are several baby tracker choices on the market. Another option is Trixie Tracker: http://www.trixietracker.com/
    In addition to breastfeeding, Trixie Tracker lets parents track sleep, diapers, pumping, milk inventory, solids and medicine, and generally get on a good schedule.
    It’s optimized for the iPhone, and is *specifically* designed for twins and multiples. Our diaper tracker is completely free, and other features are available with a free trial.
    Thanks,
    Ben MacNeill
    Founder, Trixie Telemetry LLC

7. by Cynthia

On August 29, 2008 at 4:11 am

This is a great idea. I wish they had this when I was nursing. I used the ipod stop watch function to keep track of my contractions when I went into labor.