Goody Green: Eco-Cleaning Agents

Spaflyergroup
I’ve always been skeptical about the effectiveness of all-natural, eco-friendly cleaning agents. But once I tried out some of these green products for myself, I quickly learned two things: first, they work just as well as the stuff my mother used growing up (if not better) and second, the house doesn’t have to smell like cleaning agents to actually be clean!

Earth Friendly Products is one of my fave eco-brands. They’re products are 100% biodegradable, free of toxic and harsh chemicals, and 100% natural. I love the Almond Dishmate and the Parsley Plus All-Surface Cleaner – but just head to their site and you’ll find a cleaner for every room in the house, plus personal care products like hand soap and lotions (shown above). Even better – it’s all made in the USA and super affordable, so you don’t feel like you’re breaking your budget to go green.

Do you have a favorite eco-friendly product that you just can’t clean without? Share in the comments!

Tags: , | Categories: Green

1. by Butrfly Garden

On August 12, 2008 at 12:32 pm

Vinegar and water in a reusable spray bottle. :)

2. by Christine F

On August 12, 2008 at 3:31 pm

Vinegar & water in a spray bottle is my main cleaner around the house. I also use baking soda for scouring (sprinkle some out and spray w/ vinegar spray and watch it foam!) I use liquid castille soap, borax and bonami for heavier scrubbing and cleaning.

3. by La Donna

On August 12, 2008 at 8:05 pm

Even better – support two wonderful moms who make their own product at home – these delightful ladies would appreciate your business. They use their products to clean their homes & also in their homecleaning business. I vouch for their integrity – tell them I sent you! :)

4. by Jennifer C

On August 13, 2008 at 9:21 am

The unfortunate thing about these products is that I have to burn up a gallon of $4 gas to get to my local Whole Foods to buy them. Or pay shipping. :(

5. by berryberr

On August 13, 2008 at 9:36 am

Just stumbled upon your wonderful blog! Will be checking back often from now on!!

6. by Amy D

On August 13, 2008 at 12:08 pm

The Pear dishmate is good too. But I also like Ecover dish soap. And Method bathroom cleaners.

7. by Adriana

On August 13, 2008 at 3:40 pm

The Lotus® Sanitizing System neutralizes 99.9% of bacteria and pesticides on food and household surfaces using nothing but water. Harnessing the same technology used by hospitals to sterilize surgical instruments.
    The result is a powerful universal sanitizing agent 50% more effective than bleach, but completely safe, the system works by generating ozone molecules and infusing them into ordinary tap water. Ozone is an unstable molecule of three oxygen atoms (O3) instead of the stable two-atom oxygen molecule (O2) that we breathe. It is the unstable third oxygen atom that is the natural sanitizing agent – oxidizing (i.e., killing) microorganisms by physically destroying them. It’s an easy way to ensure your food—and your home—stays safe and chemical free.
    EPA registered as a sanitizer for produce and household surfaces and much more…
    FDA and USDA approved process for food sanitation
    Kills 99.9 % of:
    Escherichia coli (E. coli)
    Salmonella choloeraesuis (Salmonella)
    Staphylococcus aureus (Staph)
    GS-37 Approved process as an Environmental Standard as a General-Purpose cleaner for Bathroom, Glass, and Carpet in an Industrial and Institutional setting.

8. by Kelly Guenther

On September 1, 2008 at 7:23 pm

I use ECOS and Seventh Generation. I can find those at my local grocery store. My mom has mentioned the vinegar and water solution and she said I could clean the sinks and toilets with water and lemon. Haven’t tried that one yet. :) Thanks for the post. Kelly Guenther

9. by Tricia

On May 12, 2009 at 4:37 pm

The Parsley Plus is the best multi-purpose cleaner that I’ve ever used!!