Natural Remedy for Allergies and Colds

NasopureIt’s been a brutal allergy season, and now I’ve also got a cold. So I decided it was time to try Nasopure, a "nasal wash system" that literally cleans the inside your nose with salt water to loosen stuffiness and flush out pollen, dust, bacteria, and viruses. This concept has been getting a lot of buzz lately. A recent study found that regularly washing your nose reduces the length of colds and can actually prevent them, and Dr. Mehmet Oz demonstrated the use of the Neti Pot on Oprah. But Nasppure, developed by Dr. Hana Solomon, a pediatrician who has been recommending this for 20 years, is much easier to use. Watch a video here of a 4-year-old using it. And she now makes a smaller version called Little Squirt to go for children as young as 2. "The saline solution makes thick mucus thinner so it’s easier to blow out, and it also unplugs the opening to the sinuses so they can drain out," she explained to me this morning. It’s also helpful for children with asthma (whose symptoms are often worsened by allergens and air pollution), and those who are prone to getting ear infections after a cold (ear infections typically happen when mucus plugs the opening to the Eustachian tubes, which connects the back of the throat to the middle ear). You can keep it in the bathtub, and let your child get used to playing with it before using it.

1. by Velveteen Mind - Megan

On May 16, 2008 at 3:24 pm

Okay, I absolutely positively utterly need this right now.
    Can you drop one off at my house for me? I don’t trust myself to drive in this allergy fog.

2. by Tara

On May 16, 2008 at 9:08 pm

Wow, I wonder if that would work with my daughter. Her allergies kill her…constant runny nose and coughing all spring.

3. by Judy

On May 19, 2008 at 12:44 pm

I use my Nasopure all year long and knock on wood, haven’t gotten a cold in a very long time. I went on line and found it at nationalallergy.com they have both sizes. Very easy to use.

4. by Laura

On September 3, 2008 at 12:19 pm

I’ve been aware of Nasopure and it’s benefits for a few years but it has only been recently that I’ve started using it regularly. I must say I am very happy with the results. My nose feels much better and my breathing is easier. I am hoping for a cold free winter.

5. by Amber

On October 27, 2010 at 8:59 pm

I’ve used the Neti Pot our pediatrician suggested for my son but it just didn’t work with a toddler. I’ve got to give this a try!

6. by Juicy Couture Purses

On September 20, 2011 at 3:55 pm

Great guide! I’m all correctly. The article is absolutely helpful to my opinion. Reading the article tends to make me happy. At duration, I could learn a great deal more knowledge. Thanks a lot.

7. by tiffany set

On October 14, 2011 at 2:34 am

puddings with each other conjointly with dried up

8. by Credit Card With No Credit

On November 15, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Howdy this is kind of of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding experience so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!