Dry Eyes, Clean Hair

Rinser_photoMy 3-year-old daughter still puts up a major fuss at bathtime because she hates having her hair washed. She insists that water gets in her eyes even when we’re holding two washcloths over them. We never had much success with flexible shampoo visors because they were too big for her little head. We recently tried the new Lil Rinser, and it worked surprisingly well. ("Wow, I want to use this every time!" she said.) It creates a watertight seal and has a soft rim inside that keeps water away from your child’s face but lets it run down over her head and hair. Depending on how big your child’s head is, you might have to press the sides in a little for a good fit, but this is definitely better than anything else we’ve tried.

Tags: , | Categories: Solutions, Your Child

1. by Beckie

On May 1, 2008 at 12:10 pm

Oh my gosh I ran right over to the site and bought this! This is the answer to bath time tantrums! Thank you :)

2. by Tati

On May 1, 2008 at 6:30 pm

I ran right over and bought it, too, but it’s no better than anything else I’ve tried. For starters, you need THREE hands – one to hold it, one to pour water on head and one to scrub scalp to make sure to remove all shampoo. The demo video on their site shows it being used with a pull down shower head, which may work better but who doesn’t scrub the head a little when rinsing to make sure all the shampoo is out?!? I tried having my 3 year old daughter hold it on her head herself, but she inevitable didn’t put enough pressure or moved her head just a pinch and it leaked. All in all, I’m very disappointed in what I thought would finally be “it”!!

3. by Lisa

On May 1, 2008 at 8:43 pm

After seeing a review of this product on http://www.mommieswithstyle.com a few weeks ago I ordered one of these it works really well on both of my children aged 3 and 5. My kids never complain any more on hair wash night and my husband no longer minds when hair wash night falls on his turn to bath the kids. This was the answer to our prayer!!!

4. by Suzanne

On May 1, 2008 at 9:04 pm

My husband brought one of these home from a trade show he attended this past March. Although I was skeptical at first thinking it was just another attempt to solve the eternal problem of soap in the eyes I figured I would give it a try. Bath taking at our house was a nightmare that none of us looked forward to. We now use it every time my son, age 3, takes a bath. He actually asks, is it bath night yet? Great product!!

5. by Linda Levine

On May 2, 2008 at 12:34 am

I am going to have to get this one. Love the idea. I was just fighting to wash my 2 1/2 years old hair about 2 hours ago.

6. by Maria

On May 2, 2008 at 3:23 pm

I’ve been using the Lil’ Rinser with my soon to be two-yr-old daughter and we both love it… Washing her hair had been an ordeal for the past several months, but this product has been really helpful and, thanks to it, she no longer cries while I’m rinsing. It has actually helped eliminate her fear of getting water in her eyes so that she has started to not cry even when I don’t use it. Thank you!!!

7. by Katie

On July 24, 2008 at 10:24 pm

A great product. I have found two amazing baby products since my daughter was born 6 months ago. One is the Lil’ Rinser and the other is Palm-Palms baby bath grips (palm-palms.com) that give a secure grip on even the most slippery wet baby. I recommend both products to everyone!

8. by Katie