Mother’s Day Gift Idea: America at Home

America_at_home_thumb
We are just two weeks away from Mother’s Day (13 days to be exact—where did April go?), so it’s not a bad idea to start planning the gifts, the breakfast in bed, the truck loads of roses, etc. And here is one more totally unique gift idea for ya…

America at Home is a beautiful book of photographs of American families from all over the country. Published in partnership with Ikea, this book contains over 250 photographs by100 leading photojournalists. The book’s intro is written by Matt Groening of Simpsons’ fame, and is followed by a series of thought- provoking essays about home by noted
writers, including Amy Tan, Dominique Browning, Terry Teachout, Richard
Rodriguez, and David Pogue.

But here’s the absolute, coolest part…the part that will bring tears to a mother’s eyes: for $39.95, you can upload your OWN family photo to customize the cover of the book, putting yourselves among the pictures of this extraordinary photo essay. It really speaks to the point that we all have special yet relatable moments that can resonate with anyone who cherishes their family and their home.

Thanks to PhotoJoJo for the link!

1. by Beth

On May 1, 2008 at 1:03 am

i was just reading about the “WEST SIDE DOMESTIC AGENCY” night mear story that wolfgang puck wife had. That is shocking!
    i hope she sue them. i use the help company agencies all the time and i imiditaly forwarded the story to them to keep them on their toes.

2. by True Religion Jeans Cheap

On July 11, 2011 at 9:30 pm

A merry heart goes every one of the way.

3. by true religion sale

On September 3, 2011 at 4:56 am

Classy, indeed. I love your artical and also the appearance. I are unable to wait to test it out in a test website. Your theme is quite productive that it must be hard to keep up with people. Clean and easy to read. Very good blog. Great! I are pleased.

4. by Dulce Vanhauen

On November 14, 2011 at 5:17 pm

It should really have ended up being the icing on the cake but in its place Simon Cowell’s birthday surprise for Nicole Scherzinger took the biscuit. The sardonic talent tv program don waited right until the last minute of the second day involving Seattle auditions to provide his fellow judge her goodies.

5. by asdjkljqwgasdqwe

On November 15, 2011 at 3:01 am

Do you have extremely cool blog. I came herein by accident, but the definitely will I let visited the frequently and read the yours the next entry.

6. by bettingplay.net

On November 15, 2011 at 11:33 am

Thanks for another informative blog. Where else could I get that kind of information written in such a perfect way? I’ve a project that I’m just now working on, and I’ve been on the look out for such info.

7. by Giiss Ludivina

On November 17, 2011 at 9:37 pm

A topic close to my heart numerous thanks, i have been thinking about about this subject for some time.

8. by Women UGG Boots

On November 19, 2011 at 4:06 am

Many reasons for falling in love with this article. The experiences were properly defined and extremely persuasive. After reading released, I learned a good deal which is very helpful to my near future life.

9. by Campian Minnie

On November 20, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Actually fighter messages are supposed to amuse offer praise into the groom and bride. First time audio system watching more than the top places should also remember you see, the senior guideline with the speaking, which is your specific person. very best man speeches brother

10. by Mikel

On November 22, 2011 at 8:18 am

Nowadays Dailymotion videos top quality is more superior along with better, therefore that’s the actual motive that I am looking at that video in at this place.

11. by mont blanc fountain pen uk

On January 6, 2012 at 8:22 am

WONDERFUL Post.thanks for share..extra wait .. …