Mother’s Day Poll

2108145618_eb2d40b9c1
Attention all moms:

Has your child or family ever given you a completely awesome Mother’s Day gift that just blew you away? Or maybe you unwrapped something simple and sweet, but super thoughtful…. If you think you’ve received the best Mother’s Day present ever – we want to know about it!

Tell us about your all-time favorite Mother’s Day gift in the comments and you may just see your name in the May issue of Parents Magazine!

Photo via.

Tags: , | Categories: Holidays, Your Life

1. by Nichole

On March 3, 2008 at 2:09 pm

We were expecting our first child and my husband took the ultrasound picture and had it photocopied. He bought a really cute picture frame and framed the photos for me with a mom-to-be card. It was really sweet. It still sits in our living room.

2. by Gina

On March 3, 2008 at 2:40 pm

My daughter took her first steps on Mother’s Day (it was 2005)! That was such a sweet thing for my little 1 year old to do for me! (To make it even better, my mom, mother in law, and grandmother were all present to see it!)

3. by Rita

On March 3, 2008 at 2:46 pm

My son was born on May 10th of 2006, just days before Mother’s Day. I was so excited just to be a mom that day. But my husband and i decided to get something that would be for both having our first born and having my first Mother’s Day. We had my cousin, a jewler, custom make an emerald cut emerald solitare ring. Now whenever i wear my unique ring, i think of the best gift i’ve ever been given – my son.

4. by Jennifer C

On March 3, 2008 at 3:12 pm

My husband watched my girls so I could take MY mom to brunch. It was nice to be an adult and get waited on!

5. by MamaChristy

On March 3, 2008 at 3:57 pm

My husband and son gave me a zoo membership for Mother’s Day last year and I love it! It’s a fun way for me to spend time with my little guy during the week, or all of us on the weekends. Plus I never have guilt about not getting my money’s worth if we go just for an hour or so because it’s already paid for and we can go as much as we like – that’s the best gift!

6. by Tanya

On March 3, 2008 at 4:22 pm

My son was born on May 12, 2006, so on May 14th we were discharged from the hospital and brought our brand new baby home! This by far was the best present I have ever gotten!!! What can be better than a precious newborn? :)

7. by Sarah

On March 3, 2008 at 4:26 pm

For my first Mother’s Day, my husband wrote me a letter from the perspective of our baby daughter. He described all the special ways that he had observed me taking care of her during her first year, as a “thank you” from the baby. It was special to know that he appreciated all that I did as a mother, and it was also nice to imagine that our little girl really was thankful for her Mommy.

8. by Christine

On March 3, 2008 at 5:34 pm

My favorite Mother’s Day was when my husband and son let me sleep in and then brought me breakfast in bed. It was a really special morning.

9. by Dorothy

On March 3, 2008 at 6:22 pm

My twin daughters were born 2 months too soon. That was just before Mothers’ Day that year. They spent about a month in the NICU. When we arrived on Mothers’ Day morning to visit them, we found the NICU nurses had made something for all the mothers.
    On each incubator was a poem printed on pretty paper. Unfortunately, ours has been packed away and is stashed in the attic, so I can’t quote the poem exactly, but it was an original poem by one of the nurses from the point of view of the babies. It was about how even though they’re so tiny and fragile, they know their mother and they’re grateful for all we do for them. The nurses stamped each girls’ tiny foot prints on the poems. I cried when I read it.
    My girls were only a few days old and I felt so helpless. Here I was, their mother, but I couldn’t mother them. I couldn’t even hold the smallest of my girls. So that meant the world to me.
    It was the first Mothers’ Day gift I ever received and by far the best.

10. by liz

On March 3, 2008 at 7:56 pm

on my first mothers day i got a beautiful coach handbag. in pink. very springish. i know it cost so much that i was a little afraid to use it…

11. by Lisa C

On March 3, 2008 at 9:27 pm

On my first Mother’s Day, my husband gave me a beautiful book that he had written. It was written about the last conversation our son had with God before he was born. The conversation was about me. My son was had all kinds of questions about what his mother would be like. It was an incredibly beautiful story filled with pictures of those first 2 months. I cried at the thoughtfulness and also at the idea of God talking about me to our son. Best gift EVER!

12. by Melissa D

On March 3, 2008 at 10:02 pm

My husband got off early from work one day and picked up the kids to make my Mother’s Day gift. With our children 1 and 3 years old they made me stepping stones with their hands and feet pressed in the concrete. They decorated them with colored tile. My kids were so excited to give me the gift “they” made. It came with pictures of them making it too. The stepping stones will be in my garden forever! I will always be able to look back at how small their hands and feet were.

13. by Kristen

On March 4, 2008 at 9:24 am

I’m a BIG girly-girl and I was overjoyed when I learned I was having a girl. I stuffed her closet full of outfits before she was even born! I just had soo many dreams of dressing up and all the yummy pink dresses and stuff. My daughter was only 4 months old our first Mother’s Day and my husband got me a “Goose for all seasons” that we could dress up together 16 times a year. My three year old and I dress up “Mother Goose” all the time, for all the holidays, and the occational hula party, the day ladybugs appear on the house, the night we went to the Nutcracker we had her dressed in the Ballet outfit. We love to share this special time together and my husband just beams when he gets “introduced” to a new goose when he comes home from work!

14. by Helen

On March 4, 2008 at 7:07 pm

Last year was the first Mother’s Day after my husband, daughter Kyla, and I welcomed home sons Amanuel and Binyam from Ethiopia. My husband designed a large vase and had a potter craft it. It has three blue circles on it, each bearing one of our children’s names. Between the blue circles are yellow circles saying Faith, Hope, Love. His creativity and planning were touching and it is a beautiful celebration of our wonderful children!

15. by Ellen W

On March 5, 2008 at 12:14 am

In 2005 I gave my mother and mother-in-law the news that they would receive their gift in December when our first child would be born. Needless to say, they were very excited and enjoying spoiling my son.

16. by Stacy M

On March 5, 2008 at 2:56 pm

My son was only two months old for my first Mother’s Day, so my husband bought me a new (expensive!) digital SLR camera and signed me up for a photography class. It was such a wonderful gift because I’m still using the camera and the techniques I learned in the class to take wonderful pictures of our little boy.

17. by brandy w

On March 19, 2008 at 9:48 am

my daughter got me a cute bear with a baby bear attached. it sang a cute little song.
    baby-its your special day today mommy
    mom- oh is it really
    baby- yeah and i have a gift for you too
    mom- well you do what is it
    baby- its something i made up just for you
    mom- that sounds just wonderful
    baby- every child has a mother and soon we discover how special our mommys can be. so one day a year say what they long to hear
    happy mothers day mom i love you!
    mom- thank you sweetheart i love you too
    i broke down crying it was so sweet.

18. by asd

On June 29, 2011 at 8:42 am

You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be actually something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complex and very broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!

19. by Lennie Hakanson

On August 23, 2011 at 3:30 am

Some really interesting information, well written and broadly speaking user pleasant.

20. by pandora charms sale

On September 2, 2011 at 3:50 am

Every evening I’m much more impressed by your artical. Thanks for one’s efforts throughout expressing the theme. This is a good feature. Cool. Love the chance to have got stats meant for private personal blogs, too! I like everything relating to this artical.

21. by Moncler

On September 13, 2011 at 9:20 am

I like the styles you created. Cool and impressive! You have a very good wonderful excitement for the things you do! Nice and also clear theme! Thank you to your opportunity to express my views! Kind Delights! Hope you actually make a lot more themes like this.

22. by buy NFL Jerseys online

On November 20, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Great article! I’m all because of it. The article is actually helpful to my advice. Reading your current article would make me content. At duration, I will learn considerably more knowledge. Thanks very much.

23. by Jude Laukitis

On December 3, 2011 at 1:02 pm

This is an excellent news to get bloggers. It opens admittance to a comprehensive spectrum of those who find themselves finding a place to speech their issues. With your own theme, I can gain the visibility My business is having at this point. Thanks for this purpose informative posting, I learned a whole lot!