Princess Alert: Meet The World’s Most Spoiled Child

SpoiledBefore you do anything else today check out this video clip, from last weeks episode of Wife Swap. You might  think this is some kind of hoax or parody—but sadly you’d be wrong. Here’s a story about the parents where they confirm that they do indeed have a Christmas tree up year-round and yes, Alicia does get a present everyday! Seriously, I know reality TV distorts things and all, but still I would actually like to rescue that kid from her misguided parents. Or at least find out where she ends up five years from now (shuddering as I try and imagine).

Tags: | Categories: News

1. by Lesley

On January 7, 2008 at 9:25 am

YES!!! What a disaster. The mom even set up a Christmas tree with the new family she switched to..the parents are in serious need of counseling.

2. by Alexandra

On January 7, 2008 at 9:38 am

wow, just wow.

3. by adrienne

On January 7, 2008 at 9:56 am

I very rarely watch this kind of show, but I had a cold and just wanted to zone out and eat take-out after our two-year-screamed his way through bedtime.
    My thoughts after watching the complete episode:
    1) The parents “help” way too much with the homework. The girl says “standed” rather than stood- that’s pre-school level cognition. Her command of her native tongue is touch and go at best.
    2) May I never be on such a show or subject to such publicity. Few lives can stand full-disclosure scrutiny. Plus, the casting of clashing opposites makes me fear who would be sent to our home. I think it takes courage and naivety (or egocentricity) to enlist for such a project.
    I feel guilty for watching.

4. by Divrchk

On January 7, 2008 at 10:39 am

I rarely watch this show but caught this episode last week. What shocked me the most was how little Princess’s father took from the experience. He was just a nasty, disrespecting man.

5. by Janna

On January 7, 2008 at 11:26 am

I shamefully watched this show as well – argh Writer Strike!! I agree with Divrchk. THe father was horrible—I couldn’t believe how cruel and nasty he was, and how self-assured he was in his nastiness. It kind of scared me.

6. by Michelle Q

On January 7, 2008 at 12:12 pm

Do you think they have *any* hint of cognition that the rest of us don’t look at them/her with envy, but pity? It really is too bad ignorance isn’t painful, then they might be compelled to do something about it.
    That’s going to be a bigger train-wreck than Anna Nicole and Britney rolled into one!

7. by Jana

On January 7, 2008 at 12:16 pm

I didn’t watch the show but read the article to which you linked. I understand the impetus that makes this family want to celebrate their child every day, but do they understand they are not preparing her for the real world? That the rest of the world will not view her as special enough to merit a gift each and every day?
    Ok, that said – everyone PLEASE join me in boycotting all this bad reality TV. Just shut it off, or Netflix older TV series that you wanted to watch. Stand behind the writers and don’t give in to the new crop of bad reality TV. Heck, I know I watch too much TV as it is.

8. by Heather

On January 7, 2008 at 12:57 pm

This girl will end up on a pole in the next few years.

9. by Amy

On January 7, 2008 at 1:28 pm

After having my daughter I felt like I always wanted her to know that she is loved. Maybe these people felt the same way, but I wish someone would tell them that one of the most loving things you can do is discipline. I agree with Jana lets boycott this awful show. I’ve never watched it, but I don’t think it is favorable for anyone.

10. by Maria

On January 7, 2008 at 2:59 pm

There are no words…

11. by *ALISSA

On January 7, 2008 at 3:23 pm

It’s disturbing to see the world revolving around this 15 year old. I admit that she is pretty but when you expect to be waited on hand and foot… it makes her seem ugly and mean.

12. by liz

On January 7, 2008 at 8:30 pm

that’s hard for me to believe that that is even real. why would people do that?

13. by Butrfly Garden

On January 7, 2008 at 9:13 pm

GOOD GOD, JUDY!! Where on Earth do they FIND these people!?!?!?!
    That girl is going to have a long hard life if she ever has to fend for herself.
    I love that her mom said, “And the popular people succeed in life” or whatever. I was JUST thinking yesterday how proud I am of an old friend who built up his dad’s business and has commercials on the radio. The most I’ve heard of any of the “popular” crowd is one is a DJ in a club in Minneapolis. Whoo-hoo. There’s a life-long success!

14. by Amanda

On January 7, 2008 at 9:31 pm

I sadly watched this episode as well. The one thing that really bothered me was that the wonderful, talented and world-peace advocate girl could not spell her own country when she did the Strong Women poster. Did anyone else catch her “Amerika”? I asked our sitter’s 7 year old how to spell America and he could do it correctly. The dad needs to realize that not just anyone can be a dentist – it takes more than pretty teeth!

15. by stefani

On January 10, 2008 at 11:37 pm

really? is this real? maybe they staged this for ratings? please, anyone? i hope this was pure entertainment and not an actual family!

16. by miranda

On January 11, 2008 at 3:29 pm

Like many other people who’ve posted, I do not watch “Wife Swap”, but when I saw the post on here, I couldn’t help but watch. (I admit I do not watch the show because I question the “reality” classification) I was amazed. If this family honestly believes their daughter is on the right track to succeed in the real world, the inevitable disaster to follow SHOULD be a wake up call, but given the level of horribly misguided intentions, things for this family will remain at the current status quo. God help any man who is unlucky enough to invest in a long term relationship with her. This show is dribble at best, but this train wreck was fascinating. Like a bug to a bug zapper. Heaven forbid this girl ever has a child before her attitude and education level changes.

17. by Audrey

On January 13, 2008 at 2:36 pm

“That was not your best cereal”…I’m surprised they let her eat something from a box. I mean, I would have expected that to be beneath her.
    All of her costumes were hideous, and she’s a terrible, rotten, conceited little brat. She feels sorry for people who aren’t gorgeous…I feel bad for people so obssessed with perfection yet so far from actually reaching perfection.
    No offense to anyone with a lisp, but she had one. I wouldn’t be boasting about how great and wonderful I am if I sounded like that!

18. by Josephina

On January 14, 2009 at 4:56 pm

I agree with person on top looks are everything, you go no where in ife if you were popular in highschool.
    I like the idea about gifts everyday and will start doing that with my kids.