The Secret Underground Hannah Montana Society

423268710_da8ca14215_m_3Anyone who follows this blog knows that my 6-year-old niece has already infected me with a bad case of High School Musical fever. Yes, I am certain that I am the only person over the age of 11 who describes "You Are the Music In Me" to friends as "haunting." (It’d be funny if it weren’t true.)

As it turns out, my sweet, little Niecey Botwin was, in true drug pusher form, just starting me out on the soft stuff to get me hooked and comin’ back for more: This past Thanksgiving weekend at home has left me with a full blown Hannah Montana habit. (Oh, how did I not see THAT coming?)

"Best of Both Worlds"? Brilliant. My favorite, "Nobody’s Perfect"? A timeless masterpiece that I can’t get out of my head: "Nobody’s perfect. I gotta work it, again and again, til I get it right." I mean, it’s spooky. It’s like she knows me!

Time to fess up, all you achy breaky parents and former fans of Miley Cyrus’s dad, Billy Ray. Mullets unite!! Admit you’re a big ol’ Momtana … and that you would’ve killed to have been on Oprah last week when the big O surprised everyone with a Miley/Hannah appearance)!

Photo via.

P.S. If you follow the link to the Oprah page, you will see the most hysterical photo ever of screaming kid fans. The three girls in the bottom right-hand corner of the pic just kill me.

1. by Cole's Mama

On November 26, 2007 at 3:08 pm

Dear Husband and I are both HUGE Hannah Montana fans. We tivo. We would blame it on the kid, but he’s only 19 months old. Albeit we got him hooked. He gets excited when one of her songs comes on Radio Disney because he recognizes it – since, you know, we own her “Hannah Montana 2 Meet Miley Cyrus” double CD. It’s good clean fun!

2. by Stephanie

On November 26, 2007 at 4:59 pm

I have to admit – I LOVED “High School Musical.” I am so NOT surprised that it became as “big” as it did. It was sweet, fun, innocent, and full of wonderful lessons. And the cast was terrific!

3. by ronnie

On November 26, 2007 at 5:37 pm

i am in love with troy…. ;^)

4. by Angela V.

On November 26, 2007 at 8:27 pm

Finally a wholesome role model for our girls…plus Billy Ray is so cute…and I even enjoy watching the show! I also loved High School Musical..my daughter is 6 and I was more excited for the premier of HSM 2 than she was! I hope this kind of clean entertainment stays around for a long time.

5. by Kevin

On November 26, 2007 at 9:09 pm

Ummmm…my 2 1/2 son loves it because he is a little rocker and thinks she’s a rockstar too. He got me hooked. I’d go see her in a heartbeat. I have the theme song in my head atleast twice a day for no reason at all.

6. by susan

On November 27, 2007 at 2:22 am

i must confess…her tunes are just so catchy.

7. by Michaela

On November 27, 2007 at 8:12 am

Sad… but true!

8. by Ron

On November 27, 2007 at 9:09 am

Wow. I’m so glad I’m not alone. Did anyone else catch the Oprah show with her on it?

9. by michelle

On November 27, 2007 at 1:28 pm

Our household LOVES hannah, all thanks to my 6 yr old !! We jam out to her CD’s and watch her shows and movies..She is a real, clean, fun girl ! There is not too many of those left..

10. by Edythe

On November 27, 2007 at 1:48 pm

I have to admit I love Hannah as well.High School Musical has my heart as well.My DVR is set to record both.

11. by Sue K

On November 27, 2007 at 2:48 pm

She is a fantastic role model! Billy Ray’s duet song (with Miley) that’s on the charts right now, is a TOTAL tear jerker. We love it. It’s so beautiful. Does anyone think she sounds a little like Dolly Parton in it?

12. by m

On November 28, 2007 at 12:34 am

My girls love Hannah Montana.
    I have to admit, I do have a few songs stuck in my head.

13. by Liz

On November 28, 2007 at 9:56 am

Oh, I confessed my CRUSH for the mullet and how my four kids and I love Hannah Montana (one of the few shows that actually teaches them, you know, something good) to all of the Internets in January 2007. And would you believe he STILL hasn’t called? Ah, well. It’s no secret. Hannah Montana is Disney gold. And we like her, too ;o)

14. by Mollie

On November 28, 2007 at 7:23 pm

I am pleased to admit I am a Hannah fan, along with my 7 and 6 year old daughters. Daddy even watches (and re-watches) every episode with us! Miley is so lovable, none of us can resist. And what mummy could resist a country-crooner daddy with a mullet!!
    I hope the networks figure out soon that we want more family shows on in primetime. I think families want to watch tv together, not relegate kids to a tv in their room!

15. by Kara

On November 30, 2007 at 2:39 pm

I took my 2 girls, ages 6 & 7, to the Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus Best of Both World’s concert. I think I enjoyed it more than they did. The next morning my throst hurt from all the screaming I did. Miley is so irresistable, I am so thankful that there is a respectable roll model for them to look up to instead of these drug and alcohol addicted “pop” stars. To see my girls faces light up when she’s on TV or in concert is something I will never forget and gives me the warm fuzzies.

16. by Pierce Calvin

On June 24, 2008 at 9:37 pm

Hello, My name is pierce and i am not only a fan of Miley but a friend . I have never met her so i cant call myself a friend , but i want to be her friend, and if i could just talk to her just once it would touch me forever, so if someone could give me her email or phone number that would be the best thing that has ever happend to me. This is not a joke, and i will not spam or annoy her, because she means so much to me, please email me i would really really appreciate it!!// thanx ,,, sincerly- Pierce

17. by Pierce

On June 24, 2008 at 9:38 pm

sorry but there is no capital P in my email address, its just piercecalvin@msn.com

18. by me

On November 9, 2008 at 6:44 am

i think hannah montana is so god 4 kidss and teenss alsow every body can watch hannah montana its not onely 4 kidss or teenss its alsow can be 4 big womens =)