Thanksgiving Leftovers

1911286341_1131ede2a7
Over at Slashfood, they’re doing an entire feed about Thanksgiving leftovers. I know—you probably are right in the middle of cooking and the last thing you want to think about is leftovers. But you’ll thank me tomorrow. I am especially intrigued by their recipe to use leftover canned cranberry sauce to make meatballs, and all the amazing recipes for post-Thanksgiving turkey sandwiches. Yum! I love using the leftover turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce to make a warm sandwich on Friday morning. What’s your favorite leftover recipe?

Photo via.

Tags: , | Categories: Holidays

1. by Brittany

On November 21, 2007 at 10:29 pm

My mom has made the cranberry meatballs and they are *awesome*! Perfect food for the weekend football game.
    I’d like to know how you make a fantastic turkey-stuffing-cranberry sandwich. What kind of bread would you use? Do you warm the cranberry sauce?

2. by Elaina

On November 23, 2007 at 6:28 am

I threw the leftovers away. My husband did not thank me for spending hours on my feet cooking and days planning the meal that he said was “fair”, so there.

3. by judy

On November 23, 2007 at 10:13 am

That is horrible! He’s got some explaining to do—and next year let him make the thanksgiving dinner!

4. by Janna

On November 26, 2007 at 9:56 am

Brittany—I use whole wheat bread and toast it. Then I spread the cranberry sauce like jelly on the bread (not heated up), and warm the turkey and stuffing with a little bit of gravy to add to the sandwich. And then I go to the gym for a week straight :)

5. by Erika

On November 26, 2007 at 11:46 am

I made turkey enchiladas and they actually came out great!!

6. by Brittany

On November 26, 2007 at 11:47 am

Thanks Janna! I tried the sandwich and it was delicious! I tried it with warm cranberry sauce and it was great. I left out the part about the gym, though. Hopefully I worked something off doing all that Black Friday shopping.
    Elaina– maybe your husband would prefer to cook dinner himself next year ;)

7. by Codeine and buy codeine or codeine cough syrup.

On May 12, 2009 at 10:23 pm